LoneRanger

I-134 Affidavit of Support

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi all

I hope you can help me.

I am at the pre-interview stage for a K1 fiance visa and required to fill out an Affidavit of Support form (I-134).

Q1 requires my fiancee to provide her Certificate of Naturalization number (US citizen), problem is that the cert. is locked away in storage in NYC and we are based in Dublin, Ireland, will her US passport number be acceptable?

Also she (as sponsor) needs to provide a statement (letter) from her bank detailing her account but the bank won't do it. Will 12 months of bank statements be acceptable?

Thanks

Ciaran

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi all

I hope you can help me.

I am at the pre-interview stage for a K1 fiance visa and required to fill out an Affidavit of Support form (I-134).

Q1 requires my fiancee to provide her Certificate of Naturalization number (US citizen), problem is that the cert. is locked away in storage in NYC and we are based in Dublin, Ireland, will her US passport number be acceptable?

Also she (as sponsor) needs to provide a statement (letter) from her bank detailing her account but the bank won't do it. Will 12 months of bank statements be acceptable?

Thanks

Ciaran

You fiancee put the Certifica of Naturalization number on the I-129F form, when that was filed. So just copy it off that form.

I just go by my own experience, I put my number in there, because it was asking how you have obtained the citizenship, so I just presume it is the same in your fiancee's case

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi

Thanks for your reply, my fiancee used a copy of her passport with the I-129f form, it was an option with this form. Not sure why it isn't mentioned with a i-134 form.

Ciaran

Ah, sorry I couldn't be of any help.

I included both certificate #, copy, and a passport copy. I thought it was necessary to provide the means of obtaining the citizenship.

Certificate also contains an A# that is asked on one of the forms, don't remember which one.

Best of luck to you, maybe you can find some means of obtaining that number, or work around that

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.