3. 3. Have you won more than once?

• No
    • Yes (1-5 times)
    • Yes (6-10 times)
    • Yes (11+ times)
    • I still can't win

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Is it biased again this year so that customers in Quebec have a higher chance to win? I remember last year, seeing the news reports about it, and then going to Montreal and buying even more coffee, only to not win a thing sad.gif

Seriously? ohmy.gif

Some of you probably have noticed, but the sizes in the US are bigger than in Canada. A medium in Canada is a small in the US. Canadian large is a US medium...etc..

That's so funny because it's the first thing I noticed when I bought one last week. I did a double-take when I looked at the medium thinking "That looks like a US small." laughing.gif

I usually got a medium in Canada, so here in the US I get a small. Small sizes don't have the roll-up-the-rim!

I can understand not doing it in Canada since a small is sooo small, its like a shot!

One of my co-workers used to get a small all the time. It used to drive me crazy during Roll up the Rim time! I told him I'd give him the 10 cents to upgade to the medium so I could have his cup. He'd never do it! headbonk.gif

I actually got someone at work today to bring me in a coffee from Timmies, but I drank it and threw the cup away!! I never even thought about rolling up the rim until I read this thread. I'll bet my Rav 4 is in the dumpster by now! crying.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO crying.gif

headbonk.gif

Your poll is flawed . . . it doesn't allow those of us outside of the Tim Horton's service areas to participate - just like we can't participate in the Rrrrollllllll up the Rim! sad.gif You should have included the option - 'rats, can't win - I'm not in Canada' and 'nothin' - I'm not in Canada!" biggrin.gif

Ooops! Fixx0red. Sorry about that. blush.gif

iagree.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I don't play "Rrrroll Up the Rim to Win" (sorry, I don't drink coffee..), despite having 2 1/2 Tim Hortons/Tim Hortons Express locations nearby where I live...

But nevertheless, I would like to wish all of you Good Luck in the game! And may you all be Timmy's winners! :star:

Btw...My game of choice at the moment is Tops' (a NYS grocery store chain) "Monolopy" game...

http://www.topsmarkets.com/index2.html

It's kind of like the McDonald's monolopy game...but with food products and food coupons as game pieces instead....

Lol..And I just won $2! (will cash that in this week...lol..)

Other prizes include: mortgage payoff, cars/vehicles, room makeover, gocery gift cards, other gift cards, cash, monolopy game, extra game pieces, etc.

Oh what fun!

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Heading back to saskatoon march 23-31!!! Timmies here I come!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Hi Everyone,

I don't play "Rrrroll Up the Rim to Win" (sorry, I don't drink coffee..), despite having 2 1/2 Tim Hortons/Tim Hortons Express locations nearby where I live...

But nevertheless, I would like to wish all of you Good Luck in the game! And may you all be Timmy's winners! :star:

Btw...My game of choice at the moment is Tops' (a NYS grocery store chain) "Monolopy" game...

http://www.topsmarkets.com/index2.html

It's kind of like the McDonald's monolopy game...but with food products and food coupons as game pieces instead....

Lol..And I just won $2! (will cash that in this week...lol..)

Other prizes include: mortgage payoff, cars/vehicles, room makeover, gocery gift cards, other gift cards, cash, monolopy game, extra game pieces, etc.

Oh what fun!

Ant

Btw...Here is a list ($100+ winners) of some of the Tops game prizes and winners.......

http://www.topsmarkets.com/Monopoly/winners.cfm

Lol..Are any of NYSers amongst them??

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Timeline

They don't just sell coffee, you know! lol

Heading back to saskatoon march 23-31!!! Timmies here I come!!

Perfect timing! I'm trying to win $10,000 before I leave on Sunday. lol

iagree.gif

They don't just sell coffee, you know! lol

Krikit-I know..I've been to Timmy's before, and have purchased different things there..;)

(I have tried Timmy's coffee before though, many years ago in Canada..and yes, I see why Canadians and others like such..but overally I just don't drink any coffee...not good for me health-wise here....)

In lieu of coffee, I like the Timmy's snack wraps and hot chocolate..and the free samples whenever they have promotions that they have there too...:)

What about people who don't drink coffee? Can they be part of this contest too? :unsure:

Lol...Or can't they just sell me the cup, minus the coffee?

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

One could have hot chocolate!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

One could have hot chocolate!

Flames9_RN-Can they give me the hot chocolate in the Roll Up the Rim cup...seriously? :unsure:

Or is the contest cup reserved for "coffee only"...lol....

(lol..I'll send you the coffee....and we can split the prize winnings from the cup...)

Hmmm....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks krikit - now I can (and did) participate in the poll even if I can't win anything! Yay (it doesn't take much to make me happy, hehehehe):lol:

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

By the way...This is sort of off-topic but...

Tim Hortons Coffee (in tins) is available here in NYS...

Tops Supermarket is the place to go for Timmys Tins (and some other Canadian food products)in the USA....

(lol....anyone want any products shipped over?..)

Ant

Or tea.

Ant, they still serve the hot drinks in the same cups. You don't have to have coffee in them.

Krikit-Lol..I don't drink tea either (except for 'dreamland' president's choice tea when I'm sick...)..

But thanks for the update about the cups and hot beverages.. :thumbs:

Hmm...Hot choco sounds good to me in the cold..(before the weather gets too warm around here...lol..)

Hey, why can't they do the same for cold beverages and other timmy's foods?

For example, why can't they have "roll up the timbits box" or something like that too?

Just a thought...

Maybe I'll stop into Timmy's sometime and play....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Question: How long is the Roll Up the Rim to Win game until here in the USA?...Does anyone know?...Thanks...

Ant

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.