bowflex

Heading Back to Windsor This Weekend :)

16 posts in this topic

Wife's family misses us so we're gonna go all day on Saturday, woohoo :) Nothing like having some good, healthy European cooking and watching some UFC with the father-in-law haha

Hope everyone has a great weekend too!!

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Say HI to Windsor for me :)

Lol My wife and I are always talking about going camping around Amherstburg again this summer :) When she worked at the newspaper there I went and visited while taking a day off of work during the summer and we ate some Subway right by the water, such a cool little town :)

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Enjoy Windsor for me too! Amherstburg is one of my favourite towns! I used to participate in the re-enactments at Fort Malden every Civic Day holiday weekend in August. It started as a predominantly War of 1812 event but has morphed into a TimeLine event. It is well worth a visit this summer since you are so close. I miss camping alongside the river - it was always so easy to imagine that I had actually stepped back in time to 1812.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so happy I lived in Amherstburg, is it such a nice little town.

We've got a bunch of pictures we took of the military stuff by the water & have it on our walls. Something to remind me.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We've got a bunch of pictures we took of the military stuff by the water & have it on our walls. Something to remind me.

hehehe, now I honestly wonder if you might have a picture of me in among those photos :yes: from my participation in that 'military stuff' at Fort Malden. I attended for a good many years and often narrated as well as participated in their period fashion show :D . At every re-enactment we would get many, many requests from people to have our pictures taken with them at the encampments. I have always wondered how many photo albums I am posted in as a complete stranger posing in 1812 costume next to a family member!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

lol, what I meant by "military stuff" was the cannons & memorials. I did see people in military wear around the old barracks & the building that used to be an army kitchen, turned insane asylum, & now a museum.

We actually have three pictures of the Ambassador Bridge on our dining room wall to keep us from forgetting the times that we were so close to each other yet so far away. It was odd hearing my wife telling me stories of how she would go and pick up dinner and eat right on the water's edge there when I'd log off and head home from work everyday.

I was in the car with her coming back over the bridge after spending an awesome day with her family and it just made me so glad that we're together and not still dealing with that stuff. With the economy problems and everything it's easy to forget that things are so much better now than they were when we were apart :)

Enjoy Windsor for me too! Amherstburg is one of my favourite towns! I used to participate in the re-enactments at Fort Malden every Civic Day holiday weekend in August. It started as a predominantly War of 1812 event but has morphed into a TimeLine event. It is well worth a visit this summer since you are so close. I miss camping alongside the river - it was always so easy to imagine that I had actually stepped back in time to 1812.

Except for the fact that last time we camped there we just slept in the back of my Jeep I know exactly what you're talking about :) Was really cool to just camp so close to the water and be at peace without having all of the stupid ####### that invades our lives on a day to day basis in the city :)

Timeline

We actually have three pictures of the Ambassador Bridge on our dining room wall to keep us from forgetting the times that we were so close to each other yet so far away. It was odd hearing my wife telling me stories of how she would go and pick up dinner and eat right on the water's edge there when I'd log off and head home from work everyday.

I mentioned it before, but I'm sooooo going to steal that idea. I absolutely LOVE that you have the Ambassador on your wall. So cool & I can really understand the meaning.

I'm trying to find the perfect picture (trying to get it to show Detroit & Windsor). We've taken pics, but eh. I've got a cool night picture, I'll try to find it & post it.

Timeline

Here's a night shot we took of the bridge from the Windsor side.

post-44465-12686809607626_thumb.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's a night shot we took of the bridge from the Windsor side.

Very nice! :D

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Oh wow that's a nice picture, even managed to keep the dingier American-side of it looking good, I'm impressed haha :)

48 saves for the Craigster, Go Avs Baby hahaha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.