dlg

Islamabad, Pakistan - OFF TOPIC

770 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
please respect that this is Islamabad pakistan off topic, most of us here do not find those kind of jokes very humorous...so please, place your naughty cartoons in a thread that actually likes something like that.

also, try to have a little respect for women...try to preserve their dignity just a lil..thanks

:thumbs:

I agree thank you Rk for that..

shon.gif

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
how do you know its 29 cents per call

what I m using is click2dial.net.....they have a get-call plan. You pay $35 a month with unlimited calling from pakistan. What they do is assign a local karachi (they have a list of cities in pakistan that you can get a local number for on their website) number and anyone from karachi (they get chanrged for a local call) can call you and it would be routed to the number of your choice in US.

Edited by us1415

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Young professionals launch liberal website on Pakistan

By Khalid Hasan

WASHINGTON: A group of young Pakistani professionals in America have launched a new liberal website called New Pakistan.

Syed Husainy, a Pakistani-American businessman, who has helped mount the initiative, said New Pakistan would be political but non-partisan. It will support the restoration of constitutional democracy in Pakistan and “all the oppressed peoples of Pakistan, notwithstanding occasional disagreements with our democratic political leaders and parties”.

He said a political struggle, by definition, cannot be perfect. Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah embraced many flawed figures to lead South Asia’s Muslims in the creation of Pakistan. Good ends such as stability and economic development should not become the justification for bad means like military intervention in politics. “With that philosophy of political realism, New Pakistan starts its journey of advocating a Pakistan that is peaceful, prosperous, and democratic, reflecting the aspirations and interests of its people rather than the ambitions of an oligarchy wedded to a vague ideology.

The inaugural editorial entitled ‘Need for a New Beginning’, said Pakistan was not meant to be a military dictatorship or, for that matter, the breeding ground for religious extremism. It has become both. In 59 years, Pakistan has undergone a second partition in the form of the separation of Bangladesh and has been plagued with ethnic or sectarian disharmony.

For more than half the period of Pakistan’s existence, the country has had either no constitution or a suspension of the constitutional order. Transfers of power have almost always been the result of military or palace coups. Pakistan is a nuclear weapons power but is unable to provide clean drinking water to a majority of its citizens. The wealth of a few has increased but so has the misery of the many.

The editorial said, “Educated Pakistanis sometimes get tired of what they see as constant criticism of Pakistan in the international media. Some respond by blaming Pakistan’s enemies for painting a stark picture of the Pakistani situation. Others try to point towards the softer side of Pakistan, arguing that Pakistan’s reality includes the hard work of its people and the creativity of its citizens. But the success or failure of a nation or state, both of which are political concepts, cannot be measured by recounting the poems of poets, the songs of musicians, the mystical dances of Sufis and the scores of sportsmen. In the final analysis, the value of a political ideal can only be assessed by political criteria.”

Pakistan, the editorial added, is a complex reality, but its political evolution — or lack of it — is the real reason Pakistan is seen by the world as “the sick man of South Asia”. Instead of war and conflict with neighbours, Pakistan’s energies need to be focused on building a just and inclusive political order. Instead of militarism and militancy, Pakistan needs to embrace moderation, tolerance and democracy. Instead of rejecting the country’s internal and external critics as “negative people” or “enemies of Pakistan,” their concerns need to be addressed

http://www.dailytimes.com/

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

Instead of war and conflict with neighbours, Pakistan’s energies need to be focused on building a just and inclusive political order. Instead of militarism and militancy, Pakistan needs to embrace moderation, tolerance and democracy

it will never happen. Not in this life time. yes and dont forget to hug every person on the street.

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Timeline
Instead of war and conflict with neighbours, Pakistan’s energies need to be focused on building a just and inclusive political order. Instead of militarism and militancy, Pakistan needs to embrace moderation, tolerance and democracy

inshAllah, Pakistan will become improved, so that so many people there will no longer have to suffer...i duno if it is possible, but i hope for the best...Aamin

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

**WRIT OF MANDAMUS: What is this Writ and How is it Obtained?

"Writ of Mandamus" refes to a federal court order signed by a federal district judge which directs the Consular Official in the State Department's U.S. Consulate abroad to decide whether to issue a visa or not within a short time. It is appropriate ONLY in a limited number of extra-ordinary cases. It requires that the U.S. Citizen Visa Petitioner be prepared to spend the time, effort and money to file a federal court lawsuit, Action for Writ of Mandamus, in the District Court where the Petitioner resides. It is also generally required that reasonable documented efforts be made with Immigration Service or U.S. Consulate and State Department BEFORE filing suit in court.

As explained by the U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit:

"Mandamus is an extraordinary remedy and is available to compel a federal official to perform a duty only if: (1) the individual's claim is clear and certain; (2) the official's duty is nondiscretionary, ministerial, and so plainly prescribed as to be free from doubt, and (3) no other adequate remedy is available. Azurin v. Von Raab, 803 F.2d 993, 995 (9th Cir.1986)."

A Writ of Mandamus is usually not appropriate for a Visa Petitioner and Applicant whose case has been placed into Administrative Review for only a few days, weeks or even months. However, it may be appropriate for a case which has been waiting for many, many months and even years. See: Patel v. Reno (U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Cir., No. 96-55359a, Jan. 16, 1998)(Court issues Writ of Mandamus to Consular Officials at U.S. Consulate in Bombay, India because "consulate had a duty to act" when Petitioner's family visa applications were under administrative review for EIGHT (8) years without decision).

source

http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/Secu...tiveReview.html

shon.gif

thanks professor

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Timeline

Will India follow Israel's footsteps ? I highly doubt that they will make this move, but if they do they will be making a big mistake.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Indian mag predicts war along LoC

* Army considering punitive raids in AJK to counter ‘attack by infiltration’ strategy

By Iftikhar Gilani

NEW DELHI: Forget back channel diplomacy, if the Indian army has its way it will unleash a new “war doctrine” to combat what it describes as Islamabad’s new strategy of “attack by infiltration” into Indian territory beyond Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).

According to this month’s issue of Force magazine, the army may attempt to persuade New Delhi to follow the Israeli example in Lebanon and authorise the attack of “terrorist” targets in Azad Jammu and Kashmir. This could include punitive raids against Pakistani posts along the Line of Control (LoC), cross-border pursuit of militants and the crushing of militant training camps.

Indeed, the magazine points out that “it is not difficult for the army to attack a nearby Pakistani post on the LoC and bring back their dead to show intruders into Indian territory”, noting that “both sides have attempted this in the past”.

Force also stresses that India is “well-prepared to meet Pakistan’s war threat (in retaliation) head-on”, going on to suggest that New Delhi would simply need to allow its military a timeframe of three to four weeks to accomplish its aims before bowing to international pressure for a ceasefire.

Thus it warns that the next three months - that is, before winter sets in and the passes in Jammu and Kashmir close for the season - could prove crucial for India’s relations with Pakistan.

The magazine also says that the armed forces have taken into account Pakistan’s military weaknesses to ensure the success of their war doctrine.

“Should Pakistan decide to enlarge the war theatre to ease pressure on the J&K front, the Indian military will seek to destroy its offensive forces, as well as capture territory inside the Thar desert to be used as a bargaining chip in the aftermath of war,” the magazine says in its unsigned cover story, ‘Peace by Other Means’.

Moreover, Force points out that President Musharraf understands this. Thus his offer to help India nab those responsible for last month’s Mumbai train blasts came with a warning to New Delhi to refrain from any hot pursuit across the LoC. In short, “he (Musharraf) is threatening action against likely raids by the Indian Army inside PoK”.

The magazine notes that “New Delhi should understand its military strength too”. Army forces stationed in J&K say that following India’s fencing of the LoC and its employment of surveillance equipment in the area – cross-border infiltration has taken on a new guise.

According to Lt Gen Deepak Kapoor, the army commander of Northern Commands, “infiltration into J&K is unstoppable as the LoC is no longer the sole route of entering the state as terrorists infiltrate from all available routes and their area of interest is no longer confined to J&K”.

Given that terrorism is now spilling into India’s heartland, the magazine says that New Delhi may choose to look beyond diplomatic and intelligence-based solutions to dismantle the ever-expanding tentacles of terrorism.

Enter the Indian army, which has stressed that military action be seriously considered if all other options fail. It has pointed out that the country’s armed forces have come a long way since the end of Operation Parakram in 2002, stressing that air, naval and military forces now have “the capability, will and a war winning strategy against Pakistan”.

According to Force, the army would use Special Forces deployments, assisted by the Air Force, to win any battle with Pakistan. The magazine also identifies the significant areas of Pakistan’s military weakness that would aid Indian forces in defeating any attempt by Islamabad to expand its war theatre:

* The Pakistan Air Force’s capacity to conduct daily sorties is calculated at 260 per day, compared to the Indian Air Force’s potential of 450;

* Pakistan’s 11 and 12 Corps (reserves for the Indian theatre) are completely tied down in other ongoing military activities, such as the US-led Operation Mountain Thrust in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA). Thus most of these forces would be unavailable for any short war with India;

* Pakistan is already facing internal dissension in Balochistan;

* In operational terms, there are innumerable choke points in the Pakistan army’s lines of communications, rendering them vulnerable to interdiction;

* Karachi port remains vulnerable.

Thus the race is on in the next three months to determine what the choice will be for India and Pakistan: war or peace?

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-8-2006_pg1_10

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

shonnie has a question....

for those of you . that are ALREADY married- but seperated coz of this AP/AR hell.

Having receptions or any ceremonys? if so please share any ideas you have because, we will be planning something when javed come home.

thanks =- shonnie.

We had a reception at a local Indian restaurant.. they have banquet halls, rented one out and they catered it and even referred us to an inexpensive DJ.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

shonnie has a question....

for those of you . that are ALREADY married- but seperated coz of this AP/AR hell.

Having receptions or any ceremonys? if so please share any ideas you have because, we will be planning something when javed come home.

thanks =- shonnie.

We had a reception at a local Indian restaurant.. they have banquet halls, rented one out and they catered it and even referred us to an inexpensive DJ.

ok cool.. thanks for the tip.. :lol:

shon.gif

Situationally different, but being that no one attended our wedding (except us!) and my family wanting to acknowledge our marriage, the next time we went home to Boston (6 months later), everyone gathered and we had a brunch. Less formal than a dinner and due to the extended family chil'ren being able to attend it was more of a family environment and.... its all comfort food! mmmmmm

Situationally different, but being that no one attended our wedding (except us!) and my family wanting to acknowledge our marriage, the next time we went home to Boston (6 months later), everyone gathered and we had a brunch. Less formal than a dinner and due to the extended family chil'ren being able to attend it was more of a family environment and.... its all comfort food! mmmmmm

my company will be doing a reception here and I am wanting to organize something for my family

too. I have ideas starting to roll in my head. at first I was not gonna make it a big deal but,

getting pressure from my family- I think yess have a reception.. :lol:

plus hubby got my dress already..

shon.gif

my company will be doing a reception here and I am wanting to organize something for my family

too. I have ideas starting to roll in my head. at first I was not gonna make it a big deal but,

getting pressure from my family- I think yess have a reception.. :lol:

yeah i only did it for my family... but good thing my mom is a better homes & gardens genius! it was extremely beautiful. :luv:

subliminal thought ***ignore*** ***ignore*** ***ignore*** ;)