dlg

Islamabad, Pakistan - OFF TOPIC

770 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

dont want to start off yet another argument but we did, have and will use urdu when we think it should be used. Its our national language and thats that.

English please.... if you speak english please do.

It is polite.

i think that by ewok settles this, don't you?

if I want to talk to a specific person(s) I can use whatever language I want......if you know another language that you understand by all means post it....I wont be offended....

dont want to start off yet another argument but we did, have and will use urdu when we think it should be used. Its our national language and thats that.

Us1415 and AE4ever

are you seriously saying you can not use english? :huh:

I thought both of your text was in clear english. what about those going through the process

that cant speak urdu. on a U.S immigration message board. how is anyone supposed

to respond, dispute or historicly < archive > your responses? :huh:

shon,

as I said in my other response it its something that I need to talk to people that understand it I can use whatever language I want to.....also, as you have mentioned in some of the posts that you will start posting in spanish please post it...I wont be offended....

I understand a lot of people dont understand urdu but once in a while you need to use the language you have been speaking your whole life...although my mother tongue is english i still prefer to use urdu once in a while.....dont see the reason it should be banned when its not even banned in work places...

Edited by us1415

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I don't think my piping in will be appreciated, hehe.....But.....

I'm not sure what the problem with people writing in urdu is, especially when they also write the translation? People do it with spanish and some other languages all the time on VJ. I use a little spanish once in awhile for fun, even though I am not fluent in it. I wish there was a thread of people writing a lot of hindi to help me learn it faster. Why can't they just write some urdu? If they are purposely excluding someone by never writing english or refusing to provide translations, that's a different story. But has that happened much? Doesn't seem so... I just don't see the big issue with it. *shrugs* ay caramba! :P

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline
I don't think my piping in will be appreciated, hehe.....But.....

I'm not sure what the problem with people writing in urdu is, especially when they also write the translation? People do it with spanish and some other languages all the time on VJ. I use a little spanish once in awhile for fun, even though I am not fluent in it. I wish there was a thread of people writing a lot of hindi to help me learn it faster. Why can't they just write some urdu? If they are purposely excluding someone by never writing english or refusing to provide translations, that's a different story. But has that happened much? Doesn't seem so... I just don't see the big issue with it. *shrugs* ay caramba! :P

exactly....thanks Christina!

Filed: Timeline

SEEMS THE ONLY PERSON COMPLANTY IS AE.

AE4EVER. AE4EVER ALSO KNOWS I DONT SPEAK URDU. THIS ONCE AGAIN IS A U.S.A. MESSAGE BOARD. SPEAKING IN OTHER LANGUAGES GIVES NO ONE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DISPUTE, CORRECT MISINFORMATION OR HISTORICYLY <ARCHIVE>. EVEN THE GUIDE ON VJ AND THE FORMS ARE ALL IN ENGLISH TEXT.

Its our national language and thats that.

:no: no its not its ENGLISH!

Edited by babybunny
shon.gif

Timeline

AE4EVER. AE4EVER ALSO KNOWS I DONT SPEAK URDU. THIS ONCE AGAIN IS A U.S.A. MESSAGE BOARD. SPEAKING IN OTHER LANGUAGES GIVES NO ONE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DISPUTE, CORRECT MISINFORMATION OR HISTORICYLY <ARCHIVE>. EVEN THE GUIDE ON VJ AND THE FORMS ARE ALL IN ENGLISH TEXT.

He means his homeland's language.

If they have a translation of what they wrote, then what is the problem? Some people were writing poems in Urdu, which is not info about the visa process so it doesn't need to be archived or disputed. :unsure:

If they have a translation of what they wrote, then what is the problem? Some people were writing poems in Urdu, which is not info about the visa process so it doesn't need to be archived or disputed. :unsure:

you have a dog in this fight? ;)

REMINDER:

THIS ONCE AGAIN IS A U.S.A. MESSAGE BOARD. SPEAKING IN OTHER LANGUAGES GIVES NO ONE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DISPUTE, CORRECT MISINFORMATION OR HISTORICYLY <ARCHIVE>. EVEN THE GUIDE ON VJ AND THE FORMS ARE ALL IN ENGLISH TEXT.

Edited by babybunny
shon.gif

Timeline

No. :P I've just been reading this thread and what's been going on in it lately, and wanted to add my 2 cents.

No. :P I've just been reading this thread and what's been going on in it lately, and wanted to add my 2 cents.

your basicly saying its ok to speak urdu even if those gathering information on a US immigration

website- can not understand urdu text? :unsure: so people like me trying to gather information

for US immigration- we all must learn urdu on an US immigration website? ;)

I dont think so. even the interviews at the Embassy are in english. ;)

shon.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i tend to agree with both sides. :P

i think what all of need to keep in mind is that there are immigration specific areas and there is this Off Topic area, each area should dictate what language should be used. The immigration areas should definitely be kept in english. The Off-Topic area should allow for any other language.

That would be a common sense approach.

But if cpt ewok wants it all in english, then that is what will be.

have a nice day,

Daniel

:energetic:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

===============================

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

People ask U.S.A immigration questions on this thread too. That was one of many reasons that this debate was promoted. a person on here asked a question in English. He proceeded to answer in Urdu - thus, allowing for no one to dispute, agree or correct the information. for misinformation control.

shon.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sure, I can definitely see that happening. I've seen that happen in other threads but with spanish. But also what happens is that are others who do understand the language in question and the process and if somethng is wrong they dispute it, in english or whatever language.

So, maybe what should be happening is that the poster of the immigiration question should have been directed to the appropriate immigration area(where the question/answer would have beeen in english). Thus, the question could have been been in an area where others dealing with similar immigration issues could also answer or read any answer.

Daniel

:energetic:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

:wacko:

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Timeline

your basicly saying its ok to speak urdu even if those gathering information on a US immigration

website- can not understand urdu text? :unsure: so people like me trying to gather information

for US immigration- we all must learn urdu on an US immigration website? ;)

I dont think so. even the interviews at the Embassy are in english. ;)

now thats where you are wrong.....my wife was interviewed in urdu by an american CO......its your choice whether or not you want to be interviewed in english or urdu...

REMINDER:

THIS ONCE AGAIN IS A U.S.A. MESSAGE BOARD. SPEAKING IN OTHER LANGUAGES GIVES NO ONE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DISPUTE, CORRECT MISINFORMATION OR HISTORICYLY <ARCHIVE>. EVEN THE GUIDE ON VJ AND THE FORMS ARE ALL IN ENGLISH TEXT.

what if a person asks his/her question in urdu and they dont know english? You are going to court martial them? The thing I dont understand is why is it a big issue for you? Ever heard freedom of speech??? I can talk in urdu any time or place I want to.....Its my right as an AMERICAN!!!

Edited by us1415

its a big issue for me and for those that dont speak urdu. its not fair when:

REMINDER:

Its my right as an AMERICAN!!!

my right as Native born American is to read in English as it is American offical Lang!

Edited by babybunny
shon.gif

Timeline

well then you stick to your rights and I will stick to mine....good day!

..............and I m a native born american too.....

Edited by us1415