Gyspy

America/Australia March Posting

157 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey all,

My hunney posted the I-129F on the 3rd March so now we are waiting for the Noa1

Just thought i would start this thread to share our journey with other Aussies waiting to be

with their loved ones in America or visa a versa

Maybe if there are any problems we could post here and help each other out.

The only hurdle im worried about is that Chris is on a disability pension.

Im hoping with his Dad going as co sponsor everything will be all right.

Anyway love to hear from anyone, even if its just to share the excitement.

Good luck to all

Vicki aka Gypsy

Timeline

Aimed for january, missed it.. Aimed for febuary, missed it... BUT! It's finally in the mail:)

thought i was going to be able to rest a bit after melting my brain for months working on the I-129f package, but now i'm already having to research where to put in disability into the I-134, and how to do the co-sponsor version of it correctly. so i guess i don't get to rest yet afterall:\

Timeline

Hey Gypsy & Chris,

We aimed for Feb but also didn't quite make it, so it ended up in the post on the 4th of March. It's a great step forward for us as it's been in the pipeline for a little while, and though I wish I could have been with Matt to help him put it all together (if only for an extra pair of of eyes) hopefully it will all go smoothly.

Matt - US Citizen

Zoe - Australian Citizen and poster :)

I-129F/K1 Visa Process

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Sydney, Australia

March 8th, 2010: I-129F NOA1

April 22nd, 2010: I-129F NOA2

May 13th, 2010: Second NOA2 received

May 20th, 2010: NVC received

June 15th, 2010: P3 received

June 23rd, 2010: P3 sent

July 7th, 2010: P4 received

July 20th, 2010: Interview, 8.00 am - Approved!

August 4th, 2010: POE LAX

Hi all & Congrats on your engagements!!

The threads I am linking for you here are Aussie related info -- Packet 3 - Interview as well as lots of other info also a thread with other Aussie related chatter and some more info.

Aussie Beneficiaries

Land Down Under Chat Thread

Look forward to getting to know you all :):star: :star: :star: :star:

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline

Thank you Zoe. Good luck to you and Matt. Yes men are a bit slack when doing paperwork. I wished I could have been able to be there to help him too.

Thank you Terri. Will look at those links. Good luck to you and Eric as well.

Cool Jamie. Lets hope all our apps run smoothly. Good luck to you and Melvin for the future. You have a beautiful baby and should be together.

Chris has a 16yo daughter and I have a 25yo daughter and a 23yo son.

His daughter is rapt her dad has found someone and cant wait to meet me in real life, we have only talked on skype.

My son is happy for me. My daughter doesnt really want me to go, but wishes me the best because she knows how unhappy I would be if I

didnt go. I also have a grandson and a grandchild on the way (boy that makes me feel really old LOL). Im not very grandmotherly, I leave

that up to my mum who would die if she didnt have kids around :yes:

I have also added how we meet to my profile if you are interested and will add you all as friends if you dont mind.

Well good luck again too all.

Edited by Gyspy

Timeline
Aimed for january, missed it.. Aimed for febuary, missed it... BUT! It's finally in the mail:)

thought i was going to be able to rest a bit after melting my brain for months working on the I-129f package, but now i'm already having to research where to put in disability into the I-134, and how to do the co-sponsor version of it correctly. so i guess i don't get to rest yet afterall:\

Yes you did hunney, we played today :D

Timeline

Final post for the night,

I read in one of the links Terri gave us that you need to have proof of immunisation.

One way mentioned to do this is to have a blood test.

I dont have any records and because i have lived in many places it would be hard to

find who to ring to get them, so i am opting to have the test.

Its is also something i can do now, whilst waiting for NOA1 & 2

Also mentioned in the millions :) of post was that it is suggested to get your

medical and police check (fingerprint one) once you obtain your NOA2

You will need them for the interview and they last 12 month.

You will also need a copy of your medical and immunistations when you go for

your AOS (which is your change of status app)

Ok off too bed now.

If you find anyother useful things jot them down here.

Dont read too much though, it can be rather daunting.

Just do little bits at a time

Edited by Gyspy

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey Gypsy :)

I will have a little read of your story shortly. Thankyou for the lovely compliment! We can't wait to be together, also, Melvin hasn't actually met his baby yet, so that is going to be a very special moment for us this June :).

Congratulations on your second grandchild that's on it's way.

I am putting together our Petition and he's going to file it when I'm over there in July. He's a smart man but I would just feel better if I'm in control of it, because I have more of an understanding on everything that's involved (thanks to VJ!) ...

Regarding the Immunisation, I think it helps if you have your records but aren't always attainable. I tried getting mine a couple of weeks ago, with no luck. I'm 33 years old and they have been disposed of. The 2 Councils I called (one in Melbourne and one in QLD) informed me that they only keep them until you're 28!

I have just had a blood test to check my immunity and it turns out I have immunity to the MMR and chicken pox. The doctor gave me the Boostrix jab last week ... so I should be right when it comes time for the medical. When you get your results and any needles you get, have the doctor print out what he's given you and print out the blood test results ... take those with you to the Medical :).

If you haven't already seen it, have a look at what Immunisations are required for your age group:

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/wk/mm5901-Immunization.pdf

family2.jpg

PFvGp11.png

Timeline

Ty Jamie.

I would love to see the look on his face when he meets this beautiful little cherub.

I filled out a dummy copy for Chris to look at so he had some idea of what to write,

he found this site and all the useful info on it. Luckly because there was so much we

werent aware of needing.

Welll then i am definitely out for council records mine would have been mainly

several places around melbourne to look up, thats why i decided on the bloods.

Will type out a copy for my doctor to check on, I KNOW i am immunised but i will, as

you know, need record of it.

LOL i didnt realise i didnt state where in Aus i was from, Im from Adelaide.

Not looking forward to the flight to Sydney, at least i will have somewhere to stay as

my son lives there so will be going the night before to be sure im there safe and sound.

(If you havent read my "about me" i get airsick)

BTW i had a bad night trying to sleep last night, think i read too much VJ before going

to bed, so had interview scenarios going through my head, organising, doctors and police,

and furniture also running through my mind. Im going to make sure the only thing i read at night

is our posts. Imagine how im gonna be when the time comes to do it all for real LOL

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
Ty Jamie.

I would love to see the look on his face when he meets this beautiful little cherub.

I filled out a dummy copy for Chris to look at so he had some idea of what to write,

he found this site and all the useful info on it. Luckly because there was so much we

werent aware of needing.

Welll then i am definitely out for council records mine would have been mainly

several places around melbourne to look up, thats why i decided on the bloods.

Will type out a copy for my doctor to check on, I KNOW i am immunised but i will, as

you know, need record of it.

LOL i didnt realise i didnt state where in Aus i was from, Im from Adelaide.

Not looking forward to the flight to Sydney, at least i will have somewhere to stay as

my son lives there so will be going the night before to be sure im there safe and sound.

(If you havent read my "about me" i get airsick)

BTW i had a bad night trying to sleep last night, think i read too much VJ before going

to bed, so had interview scenarios going through my head, organising, doctors and police,

and furniture also running through my mind. Im going to make sure the only thing i read at night

is our posts. Imagine how im gonna be when the time comes to do it all for real LOL

Hey Gypsy,

I totally understand when you say about reading too much VJ lol ... The first week I was on this site, it was all so overwhelming! Not only was I trying to study up on the K1, but I was also being helped out on here with info regarding my son's dual citizenship etc lol ... it was a lot of info to take in all at once, but now I think I know it all like the back of my hand :).

Yep I read your little blog of info, such a shame that you get airsick :( ... I will wait and see what time my interview is, as to whether I fly up the night before or on the actual interview morning. I will have my baby with me, who I estimate will be around 10 - 12 months old by then, so it might be better to stay overnight :).

family2.jpg

PFvGp11.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Yay we finally got the NOA1 today (america 17/03)

The letter stated that it was actually recieved on the 9th

so 6 days from sending package to obtaining NOA1

Now the wait for the NOA2 that is apparently anywhere from 1 month to 5 months

Hope everyone else's are running smoothly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.