USA Joe

I-129f's HARDSHIP of meeting in person request?

47 posts in this topic

I read that thread from start to finish. I was going to make a comment on it in my previous post but didnt know if doing so would violate this forum policy. But since you brought it up... i'll add my 2 cents.

That post clearly shows the need to be sensitive to people's disability level. Keep in mind the OP never disclosed his disability. My wager would be it is more than just a physical disability from reading his posts. If I am wrong, sorry, but the point again is to just be more aware and be kind in replying.

While we may have had a similar question, our backgrounds are differently apart. This brings up a good point an official from the Immigration told me, each case is judge upon based on its credibility. SO while that 99.9% Hardship-waiver denial rate is applicable, it also means I could very well be the 0.1% that could be answered to favorably.

@ sachinky, VERY GOOD TO KNOW. I was under the impression that the Lao government was doing the interview for my fiancee. Hmmmm. Now may be the time to write my Congressman :)

Joe -

I'm quite glad you started your own thread. Your situation and thus your case seem very different indeed.

I'm getting the impression most readers to this thread would love to see you succeed. :)

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi. I am so thrilled to come find this forum. Before posting, I did a search for my topic but found none.

In the I-129f's instruction manual, Page 2, Item 5, Point A, it reads "Provide copies of evidence that you and your fiancé(e) have personally met within the last two years; or if you have never met within the last two years, provide a detailed explanation and evidence of the extreme hardship..."

So here's my question: Has anyone have experience (or heard of) using this waiver request? Be it successful or not, please share your details.

Background on my story. I am a paraplegic with absolutely no use of my legs yet I retain full senses. I am able to go to the bathroom by myself and have done so without use from attendant or bio-bags. My hardship would be due to not being able to access the bathroom during the airplane flight to fly to Lao and meet my fiancee. I am without my wheelchair during flying. Wheelchair is stored with baggage beneath airplane. The main flight oversea from S.F. or L.A. to Thailand will be 12-14 hours long. So I am completely helpless. There is no way I can hold my bio movement from occurring during this flight.

Thanks for reading.

Like some others have suggested, would it be at all possible to travel to a mutual meeting spot with multiple stops? I know that means more hours of travel, but it will also allow you more comfort as far as bathroom needs... I suppose the only other option I could think of would be to see if you could get yourself a personal caretaker specifically for travel. Someone who could assist you in getting around and so on?

We met in October 2007 and our immigration journey started in July 2008 when we filed for the I-129F Fiance Visa petition. 

~05/16/2009~ MARRIED!!!!

~08/31/2011~ OUR SON WAS BORN!!!!

~02/17/2012~ Mailed I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residency to Vermont Service Center

~03/19/2012~ ASC Biometrics Appointment

~11/05/2012~ Production of 10-year GC ordered

~7/1/2014~ Our son's first trip to Morocco

~03/17/2018~ Filed N-400

~04/09/2018~ Biometrics

~6/13/2018~ Off to Morocco, my parents in tow!

~10/23/2018~ Interview, approved

~11/7/2018~ Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.