Obama 2012

In these Olympics, Canadians only paid attention to Canada.

110 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Actually I would debate the issue gladly. No problem is a healthy debate.

We are who we are, why do we have to debate it?

Why are you constantly trying to push our buttons when it comes to everything Canadian?

I mean that's like me going up to a mother and telling her why her child is stupid... what kind of response do you expect? This isn't a healthy debate, this is you trolling the Canadian forum.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
We are who we are, why do we have to debate it?

Why are you constantly trying to push our buttons when it comes to everything Canadian?

I mean that's like me going up to a mother and telling her why her child is stupid... what kind of response do you expect? This isn't a healthy debate, this is you trolling the Canadian forum.

I bring up hockey and how some players were acting arrogant including some fans

and then I post an article on the same subject, and then somehow I am attacking 'everything' Canadian.

Not at all.

Plenty of people can admit that Canada's pride when it comes to hockey is a bit, 'over the top.'

Nothing wrong in pointing out something though. It is what it is.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
Well, that was one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a while. We wear Canadian flags and cheer for our country and its arrogance, but when Americans show up to games and paint their bodies in American flags and write "USA" all over their chests its patriotism- give me a break.

All the Americans I've encountered here in my corner of the USA have expressed nothing but the opposite. I've heard a lot of positive feedback about how Canadians hosted the games and how Canadian pride is rather unique and refreshing to see. Watching the opening ceremonies with members of my extended American family was a very positive experience for all of us- they would ask me questions about Canada and Canadian symbols and seemed genuinely interested. There was an interesting article in the Denver Post last week written by a local journalist who was covering the games in Vancouver. He wrote about features of Canadian life he discovered-particularly Tim Horton's, and how all the members of the international journalist pool would line up at various Timmies locations bright and early in the morning and order their coffee and donuts. It was pretty interesting and neat to see here in Colorado. He spoke of Canada with reverence, he seemed to enjoy his Canadian Olympic experience.

As for the Luger that died- sad, very sad. He was recognized as several points during the games, but should we really stop celebrating, partying, showing our patriotism and completely miss the entire message of the games because of the loss of this one person? I don't think so. The track was changed, his legacy was honored, and people who blamed him for his accident? That came from a number of international sources, most of which weren't even Canadian. So lets not blame Canada for that consensus.

Honestly, this guy just seems bitter and cynical about the commercialization of the Olympics and the way the media outlets handled it. How is that the fault of Canadians? Its not.

Huggles-I agree.... :thumbs: It is hypocritical of the Americans to be patriotic and yet be negative when the Canadians are patriotic.

And it is because of hosting these olympic games that have made Canada be seen in a more postive limelight for the rest of the world.

People want to know more about Canada....And without Canadian patriotism, how can one learn about this great country of ours?

Let's show our Canadian pride to the world! Let's be patriotic! :thumbs:

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline

I love how we are portraying Canada as arrogant when the United States is undoubtedly the most arrogant nation in the world. I love the USA and my American's, but as a nation the United States is completely and totally arrogant.

What does Canada have to be arrogant about? Our hockey players are awesome, our poutine is tasty and we know how to put on one hell of a party. Dear Americans- can you just give us that? :P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
What does Canada have to be arrogant about? Our hockey players are awesome, our poutine is tasty and we know how to put on one hell of a party. Dear Americans- can you just give us that? :P

:lol: I know plenty of Americans who would agree with that!

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Timeline

You know what's over the top? Airbrushed eagles, and stars and stripes all over a FORD TOUGH truck, along with bumper stickers all over the back end about how you're AMERICAN AND DAMN PROUD OF IT. Plus the American flags waving from both CB Antennas - That's a little over the top.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
You know what's over the top? Airbrushed eagles, and stars and stripes all over a FORD TOUGH truck, along with bumper stickers all over the back end about how you're AMERICAN AND DAMN PROUD OF IT. Plus the American flags waving from both CB Antennas - That's a little over the top.

So you've been to Nebraska, eh?

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline
THIS...

American%20Mullet.jpg

....is over the top.

Nope, I've seen these vehicles all over PA, NJ and NY.

What about this?

1015patriotism4.jpg

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

Yep that's over the top too. Not as bad as some... but still a bit over the top.

Though for some of the men, I am sure they'd disagree.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Anybody watch Letterman last night? Mitt Romney, governor of Massachusset, was there to present his book, No Apology: The Case for American Greatness.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: Other Timeline
I love how we are portraying Canada as arrogant when the United States is undoubtedly the most arrogant nation in the world. I love the USA and my American's, but as a nation the United States is completely and totally arrogant.

Huggles-(putting my Canadian toque on)....I actually agree with you about how some Americans can be arrogant at times....

And yet these are the same Americans that have no clue about their own country, and take the "holier than thou" attitude.....:lol:

You'd be surprised as to how many Americans know about their own nation....Not too many, I bet...

Which is why as Canadians we have to be patriotic (not in an arrogant way though) too, to show the world just who we really are!

So yes, let's throw on a big party (an olympic one, I might add)! We are Canadian, and proud of it! :dance:

Ant

P.S. Umm..Canada is more than just about hockey and poutine.....Surely we are more than just about that?

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline

Ant- Glad we can agree on that! :lol: Canada is definitely more than hockey and poutine, I was just thinking of things we can and should be arrogant about. Who has better poutine? Nobody! (maybe because nobody else has it... :P) and our hockey players? Awesome.

Mitt Romney's an interesting character... :whistle:

I've actually found that the closer you get to the Canadian border, the more you see American flags waving outside of houses or plastered on trucks. Mind you I've never been to Texas, but I don't see a lot of that here in Colorado, and I don't remember seeing it much in my travels to states like Florida, California, NC and SC... Its like Americans get more patriotic the closer to an international border they are.

Edited by Hugglebuggles

Timeline
Huggles-(putting my Canadian toque on)....I actually agree with you about how some Americans can be arrogant at times....

And yet these are the same Americans that have no clue about their own country, and take the "holier than thou" attitude.....:lol:

You'd be surprised as to how many Americans know about their own nation....Not too many, I bet...

Which is why as Canadians we have to be patriotic (not in an arrogant way though) too, to show the world just who we really are!

So yes, let's throw on a big party (an olympic one, I might add)! We are Canadian, and proud of it! :dance:

Ant

P.S. Umm..Canada is more than just about hockey and poutine.....Surely we are more than just about that?

Snow.

Lots and lots of snow. ;)

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.