Obama 2012

In these Olympics, Canadians only paid attention to Canada.

110 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

I do not see what is wrong with the host nation being proud of the fact that they hosted an important event such as the olympics...

I agree. What I totally disagree with, though, is Gil's comparison to Nazi Germany, the Olympics Day Opening Ceremony in '36, and Vancouver.

He's a stoopid #######-@ss from Louisiana, shouldn't be writing for a newspaper in Ft. Worth, Texas.

Give it 48 hours, he'll be out of a job, IMO.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I proudly have my Canadian and Nova Scotia Flags waving in the breeze next to the US and WA. in the front yard

While the Olympics were running I wore my Team Canada hat everywhere I went.

I took it off when I went to bed though Paul.

Filed: Other Timeline
NBC sucked.

Only really focused on the Americans unless someone else won gold or whatever.

I'm happy Canada was like that, it was our turn to show the world who we really are and that we love our country.

Yay Canada!

Rhian- :thumbs: Likewise, I'm happy too that Canadians were able to "show the world who we really are and that we love our country" by hosting these olympic games. (lol..and I still think that NBC sucked too....)

I don't wish this, patriotism has a place, but the hyped up type of patriotism "We are the BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD" kind of stuff, on a regular basis - let other countries keep that.

I personally do not believe that we are not a nation of flag wavers because we lack a sense of identity or that we are humble or lack pride and love of our country, I think it's the opposite - we know who we are.

Trailmix-True, patriotism has its time and its place. But I still think that Canadians need to do more here. Yes, we as Canadians know who we are, but does the rest of the world? Why can't we love our country, and yet at the same time show that to the rest of the world too?

Lol...After these olympic games, yes, the world does have a better idea of who we are...

But other than that, do they know who we are? Really, the world needs to be more educated about Canadian culture, history, geography, etc.

I wish that this "olympic spirit/national pride" can continue for the rest of the year..

We are Canadians! Don't be ashamed to show the world such! :star:

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I agree. What I totally disagree with, though, is Gil's comparison to Nazi Germany, the Olympics Day Opening Ceremony in '36, and Vancouver.

He's a stoopid #######-@ss from Louisiana, shouldn't be writing for a newspaper in Ft. Worth, Texas.

Give it 48 hours, he'll be out of a job, IMO.

Out of a job, for what?

Being honest....

Oh wait, that's right Canada is another Politically Correct country like many others and what many are trying to get the US to be.

Boo-hoo you got offended by a writer of an article. Seriously?

His points were valid and I even saw it going on the whole time, even well before the Olympics even started.

In stating the last time he saw that much of a sea of the home colors/flags/etc.. was in 1936, then that's the last time he saw it. It's fair to say too that it's a good comparison because of how much "about Germany" Germany indeed was.

No one is calling Canadians Nazis... If you're getting that from the article, you have personal issues you need to work out with yourself in regards to rational thinking.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline
Out of a job, for what?

Being honest....

Oh wait, that's right Canada is another Politically Correct country like many others and what many are trying to get the US to be.

Boo-hoo you got offended by a writer of an article. Seriously?

Nope - Not Me ;) I'm not offended that he wrote it. I'm offended that a transplant from Lousiana decided to write sh|t like this, for a Texas Newspaper, and is inciting a riot in Toronto. It's not the content, for me, as much as it is the RIOTS that are incurring in Toronto about it.

Apparently, though - a tonne o folk in Toronto are taking exception to it, though.

If you had bothered to read that link I supplied (I read the link you supplied, what about t|t for tat? )

at

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/03/01/20...message-be.html

you'd glean he had to frickin apologize.

I thought you knew that, cause this was YER post.

#######? Alrighty !! Seacrist out !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

All I'm going to say about this is...

Paul -- take all of the positive things you feel about Texas, and the sheer amount of pride you feel for the state, and imagine you were feeling them for Canada. Then tone them down by 90%, and you'll have some idea of the strength of Canadian national pride. We have it. There are times where it is fervent. But usually it's latent and fairly passive. We had THE major international sporting event on our home turf, with three billion viewers -- most of whom don't know much about Canada. Most of whom probably didn't realize that Canada does, in fact, have nationalism! We're usually such a low-key nation.

These Olympics marked one of the very few times that Canada has been downright overt in its nationalism...and now we get roundly criticized for it? It's kind of like the quiet kid in class who is told to shut up when he finally finds something worthwhile to speak about. That's not really fair, is it?

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline
Nope - Not Me ;) I'm not offended that he wrote it. I'm offended that a transplant from Lousiana decided to write sh|t like this, for a Texas Newspaper, and is inciting a riot in Toronto. It's not the content, for me, as much as it is the RIOTS that are incurring in Toronto about it.

Apparently, though - a tonne o folk in Toronto are taking exception to it, though.

I thought you knew that, cause this was YER post.

#######?

Not my fault Toronto Radio freaked out about an article 1,488 miles away....

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Not my fault Toronto Radio freaked out about an article 1,488 miles away....

Just out of curiosity then -- why did you post this here? If you know it has prompted serious outrage among many Canadians, why repost this article to a forum FULL of Canadians?

Kinda like a milder form of showing cartoons of Mohamed to Muslims, isn't it?

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Timeline
Just out of curiosity then -- why did you post this here? If you know it has prompted serious outrage among many Canadians, why repost this article to a forum FULL of Canadians?

Kinda like a milder form of showing cartoons of Mohamed to Muslims, isn't it?

Because Vanessa is the one who showed the article to me because she heard about it on the radio in Toronto... She was laughing about how ridiculous they were being about it on the radio, when the article is pretty accurate.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline
No one is calling Canadians Nazis... If you're getting that from the article, you have personal issues you need to work out with yourself in regards to rational thinking.

No One? Are you sure? Cause there's a tonne of folk in Toronto that took grand exception, buddy.

It's not MY personal issue, at all.

I'm embarrassed to be a Texan, for a moment, as someone at the Ft. Worth Star Telegram NEWSPAPER hired a slip-shod #######-@ss from Louisiana to cover the Olympics.

And now there's a riot in Toronto because of Gil.

Sorry, that should have been obvious, to anyone 'catching up' with this, ya?

Maybe it will unwind in a few days, you'll see how it all unfolds? That'd be nice, I think so..

Edited by Darnell

All I'm going to say about this is...

Paul -- take all of the positive things you feel about Texas, and the sheer amount of pride you feel for the state, and imagine you were feeling them for Canada. Then tone them down by 90%, and you'll have some idea of the strength of Canadian national pride. We have it. There are times where it is fervent. But usually it's latent and fairly passive. We had THE major international sporting event on our home turf, with three billion viewers -- most of whom don't know much about Canada. Most of whom probably didn't realize that Canada does, in fact, have nationalism! We're usually such a low-key nation.

These Olympics marked one of the very few times that Canada has been downright overt in its nationalism...and now we get roundly criticized for it? It's kind of like the quiet kid in class who is told to shut up when he finally finds something worthwhile to speak about. That's not really fair, is it?

Timeline
No One? Are you sure? Cause there's a tonne of folk in Toronto that took grand exception, buddy.

It's not MY personal issue, at all.

I'm embarrassed to be a Texan, for a moment, as someone at the Ft. Worth Star Telegram NEWSPAPER hired a slip-shod #######-@ss from Louisiana to cover the Olympics.

And now there's a riot in Toronto because of Gil.

Sorry, that should have been obvious, to anyone 'catching up' with this, ya?

Maybe it will unwind in a few days, you'll see how it all unfolds? That'd be nice, I think so..

Again, not my fault the politically correct crowd takes things the wrong way or out of context.

People just need to relax....

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.