rene

USCIS direct to Embassy?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
they also told me at NVC that it's possible that USCIS sent it directly to the consulate since NVC did everything they needed to w/ the petition

Hmmmm. I was just going to post NVC number here. Well, here it is for future reference.

(603) 334 - 0700

Have you contacted the consulate yet?

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
they also told me at NVC that it's possible that USCIS sent it directly to the consulate since NVC did everything they needed to w/ the petition

Hmmmm. I was just going to post NVC number here. Well, here it is for future reference.

(603) 334 - 0700

yeah... actually - NVC suggested i call the consulate and gave me the number. not that that means anything in particular. I called the consulate and they said they don't respond to inquiries via telephone. so i emailed them today with the approval letter as an attachment - asking them to see whether they had received the case.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

(603) 334 - 0700

yeah... actually - NVC suggested i call the consulate and gave me the number. not that that means anything in particular. I called the consulate and they said they don't respond to inquiries via telephone. so i emailed them today with the approval letter as an attachment - asking them to see whether they had received the case.

Smart move, when I contacted my consulate they always gave me more clear and helpful info through email. This is going to be interesting to see what the next step is. May the case go without a hitch!

Timeline

Okay. I just called NVC and they told me they have no idea who's going to send my petition back to the consulate. They advised me to call VSC. Since I'm the beneficiary, my fiance will call them tomorrow and I'll let you guys know if he finds out anything.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Also, I e-mailed the consulate and they said that the original NVC number would be the same. So, I guess that when we call NVC, we can ask them about our petitions using that number.

hey when you got the approval, did you get it in email form to? I only got the hardcopy approval, but online, i still only have the notice confirming they received the RFE.

I'd have to ask my fiance whether he's gotten anything in the mail. He hasn't mentioned it, so I'm guessing not yet. We did get the reapproval notice by e-mail.

It says:

"On July 25, 2006, we mailed a notice reaffirming the approval of this case, and returned the case to the Department of State for visa processing. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Department of State.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center."

What does yours say?

online -- nothing changed from 6/12 - that being that the RFE was received and that the processing time would be less than the maximum stated there. And that I would receive a written decision on this matter.

Then, via mail - the approval is dated 6/13 and says, " the above petition is approved. We have sent the original visa petition to the DOS NVC"

Huh, how weird is it that one says DOS and the other says DOS-NVC?

I guess we should trust what the written notice says though. I mean, it's a document. Like I said, I'm very much enclined to believe that NVC will handle the transfer to the consulate.

i hear you, but if that's the case - it's taken over 2 weeks for them at NVC to receive it from USCIS. Man, this thing has to be watched so closely - unbeleivable

Also, I e-mailed the consulate and they said that the original NVC number would be the same. So, I guess that when we call NVC, we can ask them about our petitions using that number.

hey when you got the approval, did you get it in email form to? I only got the hardcopy approval, but online, i still only have the notice confirming they received the RFE.

I'd have to ask my fiance whether he's gotten anything in the mail. He hasn't mentioned it, so I'm guessing not yet. We did get the reapproval notice by e-mail.

It says:

"On July 25, 2006, we mailed a notice reaffirming the approval of this case, and returned the case to the Department of State for visa processing. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Department of State.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center."

What does yours say?

online -- nothing changed from 6/12 - that being that the RFE was received and that the processing time would be less than the maximum stated there. And that I would receive a written decision on this matter.

Then, via mail - the approval is dated 6/13 and says, " the above petition is approved. We have sent the original visa petition to the DOS NVC"

Huh, how weird is it that one says DOS and the other says DOS-NVC?

I guess we should trust what the written notice says though. I mean, it's a document. Like I said, I'm very much enclined to believe that NVC will handle the transfer to the consulate.

i hear you, but if that's the case - it's taken over 2 weeks for them at NVC to receive it from USCIS. Man, this thing has to be watched so closely - unbeleivable

Just learned this morning that NVC received our case from USCIS on 8/7 - FYI: our case was re-approved by USCIS 7/13, therefore it took over 3 weeks to arrive to NVC from USCIS.

Timeline
Just learned this morning that NVC received our case from USCIS on 8/7 - FYI: our case was re-approved by USCIS 7/13, therefore it took over 3 weeks to arrive to NVC from USCIS.

Good news! I'll try and call NVC today and see what I can find out.

Timeline (incompleta)

Good news! I'll try and call NVC today and see what I can find out.

I called USCIS this morning and was told that everything was being sent back through the NVC and back out to the consulates, but the person I spoke didn't really seem to know what they were talking about. I guess I'll call the NVC later tonight when I get home to see what they say.

----------------------------------------

K-1 Visa

04/17/06- NOA1

04/25/06- NOA2

10/24/06- Interview: Approved!

AOS (Green Card)

01/26/07- NOA 1

02/15/07- Biometrics Appointment

04/18/07- Interview Approved

06/08/07- Receive Welcome Letter

06/11/07- Receive Green Card

Removal of Conditions

03/30/09- NOA 1

04/15/09- Biometrics Appointment

07/07/09- Approved (via Email)

08/03/09- Receive Green Card

Naturalization

03/11/09- Mailed N-400

03/12/09- Received in Lewisville

03/12/09- NOA 1

03/18/10- Check Cleared

04/09/10- Biometrics Appointment

04/26/10- Received Interview Notice

05/27/10- Interview: Approved!

07/10/10- Received Oath Ceremony Letter

07/23/10- Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I'm right on this also, I just emailed my consulate with my approval notice attached, I'm calling them tommorow. On my approval notice there was no mention of the State Dept., NVC, or where it would go next. I have already asked the USCIS repeatedly where it will go and they can never give a solid answer.

I'm going to focus on the NVC and the consulate from now on, the USCIS consistently gives inconsistent answers.

Thanks all for the updated info!

My fiance just heard back from his congressman's office. Our case was sent back through NVC. Got there on Saturday and mailed to Montreal yesterday... I'll phone Montreal in a few days to check if they've got it yet or not.

K-1 Visa (176 days)

18 Apr 2006 - NOA1

Lost case file, congressman intervention...

4 Oct 2006 - Interview Day! Approved!

AOS/EAD/AP

23 Jan 2007 - NOA for EAD & AOS

2 Feb 2007 - NOA for AP

Wrong A# printed on my visa, find out I have 2 A#s (both different from # on visa), case sent to storage before green card was made...

29 Dec 2007 - Green Card Received!

K-1 Visa Part II (uh oh)

30 Aug 2008 - Second Packet 3 received (umm?)

12 Feb 2009 - Montreal requests copy of green card to close file (sent)

24 Apr 2009 - CRIS notice saying my case is being reviewed. (eek!?)

I-751 (141 days)

4 Sep 2009 - Documents mailed to VSC

9 Sep 2009 - Documents stamped received at VSC

14 Sep 2009 - NOA received

23 Sep 2009 - Biometrics letter received

15 Oct 2009 - Biometrics appointment

13 Jan 2010 - Card Production Ordered!

22 Jan 2010 - New Green Card Received!

Timeline
My fiance just heard back from his congressman's office. Our case was sent back through NVC. Got there on Saturday and mailed to Montreal yesterday... I'll phone Montreal in a few days to check if they've got it yet or not.

I read somewhere that it's possible to track the petitions thru DHL as they'res sent from NVC to the respective consulates. Anybody know how?

I thought it had been said before. All petitions and corespondance between Embassies and the USA go through the NVC only. ALL of them. Without exception. Not really sure why, but someone must have wanted to create a job for themselves, and there ya go.

Meh, nothing to see here.

Timeline
I thought it had been said before. All petitions and corespondance between Embassies and the USA go through the NVC only. ALL of them. Without exception. Not really sure why, but someone must have wanted to create a job for themselves, and there ya go.

Yes, I remember you said that before. However, there was a rumor that said the service centers wouldn't do it because their jobs were done the first time we'd been approved. Also, NVC was unsure (not too long ago) as to whether they'd be in charge of just sending the petition, and USCIS (as usual) didn't have an answer to this question.

So, okay. It's a good thing NVC *has* to send everything to embassies. They're usually fast.

I'm trying to speak to NVC to find out about my petition, but I keep getting a busy signal or all the operators are busy so they just end the calls.

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

I just spoke with the NVC, they said they have received some recalled cases already and sent them on. Hopefully, as the process goes on we can start seeing a pattern of about how long it generally takes to go from USCIS-NVC-consulate. Very good news.

I'm still going to pay very close attention to this process, I don't trust the USCIS with anything at this point. The quicker the petition gets out of their hands, the better. :innocent:

Timeline

Your turn now k? ;) The person was very nice, of course my petition was not there because it was approved yesterday. I hope we can see a normal pattern of some kind soon, that would be very relieving to the peeps coming next. I also sent NVC an email with my approval notice attached. B)

Oh yeah, touched also today! :unsure:

Edited by Lewis

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.