sus

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 24!

4,635 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I had Tia and Kristi from ETJ visit me here in St. Louis. We spent about an hour frantically searching the car, the luggage, the street..... for Tia's credit card so she could check into the hotel. Guess where it was????????????

OMG, Where is Tia? Have you heard from Kel? I remember that story.

LOL! I have done that too!! I think one time I must have been wearing pants without pockets so I put money in bra and there was a quarter in there... next morning quarter was stuck under my #######!!! LOL... left a nice little circle imprint!!

LMAO, that is so funny Irie... The stories we could tell. :rofl:

He is 48 y/o and I am 40. We have been married since 2006

So sorry to hear that Forbes, but I these stories a lot. I'll PM you my thoughts.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello Forbes,

Prayer works hun.

IMO everyone cant make it here and sometimes they hear about this country and think money is falling from the trees. From his point of view to he has the right to desire to go back. But what about you. Is he willing to end the relationship and leave you here because Jamaica is easier. If so then you need to re-evaluate your relationship. When the vows were made it was, for better or worse. If this is worse in his view, then he needs to stick it out. What are his other reasons for leaving. Because I person can get a job working at McDonalds here and still make more than some will make in Jamaica. Our economy is in a recession but there are still some jobs available.

I want to continue but have to go to a meeting

BRB 1 hour.

Good points

Alright ladies, I will check back in later on this afternoon...y'all know swole neck and shorty-doo wop got me humping on these files... :crying:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline
:thumbs: We went last year and had a blast. Let me know if you are going and maybe we can meet up.

Okay cool. The flights are pretty cheap from her too. I'll keep you posted.

ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Bunz do you remember Willy Haggert? Mi caan membah if a so im name spell

yea i think him name willie hoggart

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wow, thats even harder because he is probably set in his ways...How would you feel about moving back to JA? Is that even an option?

:blink: Oh my well maybe you need to rethink drinkin and making promises mi sista lol

Yeah, I agree. What was I thinking?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Good Morning ladies!

Finesse I agree with Thompson2 doesn't look like you have a gained an ounce..you are all babies and you look fantastic. Pregnancy really agrees with you!

Okay cool. The flights are pretty cheap from her too. I'll keep you posted.

Sounds good...we drove up last year and found a hotel on priceline at a really good rate!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OMG, Where is Tia? Have you heard from Kel? I remember that story.

LMAO, that is so funny Irie... The stories we could tell. :rofl:

So sorry to hear that Forbes, but I these stories a lot. I'll PM you my thoughts.

I will PM you.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Someone was asking about this a while back (can't remember who) but... my niece did a report on this for her school -- this is part of the info I gave her

Nine Night

It was important that the rituals were followed in a particular order so as not to offend the dead and ensure the spirit's safe journey back to God. In African belief the self has three components - the body, the spirit and the shadow or duppy. Once the body is dead and the spirit began his/her journey to God, the duppy or shadow could live on and wreak havoc for the living if not given due respect.

Long ago, it was believed that the spirit would return to Africa and therefore sometimes messages were sent to loved ones in activities that occurred during the nine-day period which gave the living the time to ensure that the spirit understood that it should depart from its home.

Technically, the nine night is the period of mourning after death that culminates in ceremonies involving food and dancing on the ninth night. Following Christian custom, the soul's ascent to Heaven is emphasised while African traditions call for more emphasis to be placed on placating the spirit of the dead person. Religious ceremonies tend to be staged first so as to ensure that the dead understands that it is time to leave his/her old home. If this is not done the spirit is said to haunt the living

mi nuh go a dem tings deh!!!

all that druming is not just for entertainment purposes

a freind was telling me about one where dis boy ketch a duppy and climbed up a coconut tree backwards

and dem haffi kill a chicken and sprinkle di blood pon him :unsure:

upherebl.gif

Timeline

a freind was telling me about one where dis boy ketch a duppy and climbed up a coconut tree backwards

:blink::blink::blink: *FAINTS*

Timeline

:unsure::crying: Mi scared of the duppy's dem. He can make it to the olympics doing stuff like that though. Backwards?????? picha dat. :blink:

ROC

Timeline

EMPLOYEES of the cash-strapped national airline, Air Jamaica were yesterday advised that their jobs would be made redundant on April 12, the 'target' date for Caribbean Airlines to take over its operations.

upherebl.gif

Filed: Timeline

Bunz I know u know about the red peas, dressing the kids or babies in red and passing them over the coffin or walking them around the coffin 3 or 6 times mek mi tap frighten di people dem -- u nevah know seh duppy fraid a nize

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
EMPLOYEES of the cash-strapped national airline, Air Jamaica were yesterday advised that their jobs would be made redundant on April 12, the 'target' date for Caribbean Airlines to take over its operations.

awwwwwww cant they apply to caribbean airlines :blush:

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.