Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Girl, let me share a story with you with from when I was about age 15 and went to a Whoodini concert. I put my money in my bra for my t-shirt and food and stuff. I was so excited. Girl I got to the concert and when it was time to go buy stuff, I was looking all over for my money about to cry because I couldn't believe I had lost it. Got home and was taking off my shirt and the damn 20's were stuck to my titty. I just about fell out. :rofl: Since then, I don't do that anymore.

Lmaooooooooo :rofl::rofl: We are more alike than I thought!!! :yes:

Filed: Timeline
Good Morning Everyone....I have a quick question...I have a friend who is a PR but been living here for over 20yrs...he renews his PR card but now wants to be a citizen...his PR card has expired since November of last year...does he still have to renew his PR card or can he just file the forms for citizenship???...

Thanks for the help...

Hey J how are you -- He can call to find out, but when my cousin applied for citizenship a few years back his greencard was expired and he's a citizen now. he didn't have any problems.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
dumb a$$es

i don't think ppl get how massive this is

Yeah, I agree.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Someone was asking about this a while back (can't remember who) but... my niece did a report on this for her school -- this is part of the info I gave her

Nine Night

It was important that the rituals were followed in a particular order so as not to offend the dead and ensure the spirit's safe journey back to God. In African belief the self has three components - the body, the spirit and the shadow or duppy. Once the body is dead and the spirit began his/her journey to God, the duppy or shadow could live on and wreak havoc for the living if not given due respect.

Long ago, it was believed that the spirit would return to Africa and therefore sometimes messages were sent to loved ones in activities that occurred during the nine-day period which gave the living the time to ensure that the spirit understood that it should depart from its home.

Technically, the nine night is the period of mourning after death that culminates in ceremonies involving food and dancing on the ninth night. Following Christian custom, the soul's ascent to Heaven is emphasised while African traditions call for more emphasis to be placed on placating the spirit of the dead person. Religious ceremonies tend to be staged first so as to ensure that the dead understands that it is time to leave his/her old home. If this is not done the spirit is said to haunt the living

:blink: Okay reading this just gave me chills!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Girl, let me share a story with you with from when I was about age 15 and went to a Whoodini concert. I put my money in my bra for my t-shirt and food and stuff. I was so excited. Girl I got to the concert and when it was time to go buy stuff, I was looking all over for my money about to cry because I couldn't believe I had lost it. Got home and was taking off my shirt and the damn 20's were stuck to my titty. I just about fell out. :rofl: Since then, I don't do that anymore.

LOL! I have done that too!! I think one time I must have been wearing pants without pockets so I put money in bra and there was a quarter in there... next morning quarter was stuck under my #######!!! LOL... left a nice little circle imprint!!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello All,

Today I am just tired. My husband is driving me up a wall. He claims he wants to move back to Jamaica as he can't take the stress of living in the US. I am to the point that maybe it is best because I can't take the stress of him stressing me out.

I thought by now he would have adjusted (going on 2 years) but just about everyday I hear, "JA is so much better. No stress, You can do what you want when you want".

Mind you I explained to him when he came:

1) We are now in a recession so finding a job won't be easy....He got a job at a prestigous hospital.

2) The money they are paying now is not the best....Most jobs are not paying high pay rates but want twice the work.

3) Make sure you explain to your daughter that you will not be able to take care of her forever. She needs to get a job...We are still paying for the granddaughter and her.

4) The plans I had for my life in the US is not going well...Continue to pray and when it is your time. It's your time.

5) So many bills... Yes if you had listen to me instead of your so call 'new friends' you would not have those bills.

Help Me!!!!

USCIS CR1 PROCESS

07.12.07: Mail I-130 to CSC

07.24.07: NOA1

12.06.07: NOA2

NVC

01.04.08: NVC Assigns Case#

AOS Bill Received

IV Bill Received

Mailed out I-864 and DS230 (IV app) packets

04.09.08: NVC received IV Bill & DS230 packets

04.18.08: Case Complete

10.09.08: Medical Exam

10.24.08 : Interview

WE GOT APPROVED ... WE GOT APPROVE...THANKS AND PRAISES.

Timeline
The one I saw was on Starz -- I think it also came on another network I think "tru tv" -- mi nearly drap dung cause mi nevah know seh bloods and crips (I know I spelt that wrong) were in Jamaica let alone MS-13...I found out about MS-13 2007. jeeezzzah mi caan believe

No you spelled it right.. you get a :star:

Good Morning Everyone....I have a quick question...I have a friend who is a PR but been living here for over 20yrs...he renews his PR card but now wants to be a citizen...his PR card has expired since November of last year...does he still have to renew his PR card or can he just file the forms for citizenship???...

Thanks for the help...

stone, i can't answer your question but its nice to see you :)

Timeline
Hello All,

Today I am just tired. My husband is driving me up a wall. He claims he wants to move back to Jamaica as he can't take the stress of living in the US. I am to the point that maybe it is best because I can't take the stress of him stressing me out.

I thought by now he would have adjusted (going on 2 years) but just about everyday I hear, "JA is so much better. No stress, You can do what you want when you want".

1) We are now in a recession so finding a job won't be easy....He got a job at a prestigous hospital.

2) The money they are paying now is not the best....Most jobs are not paying high pay rates but want twice the work.

3) Make sure you explain to your daughter that you will not be able to take care of her forever. She needs to get a job...We are still paying for the granddaughter and her.

4) The plans I had for my life in the US is not going well...Continue to pray and when it is your time. It's your time.

5) So many bills... Yes if you had listen to me instead of your so call 'new friends' you would not have those bills.

Help Me!!!!

Im not sure exactly what to advise you on this, but he needs to realize that any time you make a "major" change in life you are going to have ups and downs... How old is he, if Im not being too personal? You just need to get it through his head that you had to make sacrifices to help him get here and now he needs to make sacrifices to stay here with you....I want to say more but I really don't know everything.. I hope things work out for you (F)

Timeline
mek dem tan deh...I like BBC news, but they just drag things out I mean they kept asking people over and over how they felt and at the bottom of the screen they had text translating what some of the people were saying. when I started watching they were just talking to street vendors in Kingston then it switched to people in the Mobay area. I was like damn I hope they know this is not how the entire island is thinking.

And you thought the embassy was rough on the drug testing issue before..............

I had Tia and Kristi from ETJ visit me here in St. Louis. We spent about an hour frantically searching the car, the luggage, the street..... for Tia's credit card so she could check into the hotel. Guess where it was????????????

There was a documentary abt gangs in Jamaica anybody seen it?

Yep. I youtubed it one day. Scary stuff. Led me to St. Louis gangs which freaked me out even more. :crying:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

So Star and R finish up and we were all sitting together when we first came in. Do you know the two of them moved to the other side of the bar away from me? I’m hotter than fish grease as Philly would say why the hell would you leave me with him? His brother is trying to get me to go outside so we can talk. I tell him I can hear you just fine in here. Do you have a man he asks. YES I tell him. Well he’s in the states so it doesn’t matter. I tell him no my boyfriend is here in JA. What he let you out by yourself. I tell him I’m no ones pet I go where I want. Well if you were my woman I wouldn’t let you out by your self. Well guess we won’t have to worry about that I mumble. Weh yuh sey? Nuthin I reply. Why won’t you go sit in my jeep with me? Because I’m a faithful and happy girlfriend who isn’t interested. What should I have told him Tre to go drop dead inna a bush?? Ugh. He’s moving closer. Damn he doesn’t get it. I’m thinking to myself if he touches me it’s on. I’m looking at Star for some help and she is totally ignoring me. I finally pick up my drink and move to where they are. He starts screaming Fluffy where yuh going. Ova der and I keep walking. I whisper to Star ####### you leave me. Oh I thought you wanted to be alone. B#%^& did I look like I wanted to be alone. Oh Dada don’t be that way be nice. Nice?? I am being nice but I’m getting fed up. I told her to take me home. Home? We were going to Moods Star said. Moods the strip club? Oh now really take me home I have seen enough T&A to last me a life time. Next thing I know she is telling R Dada doesn’t want to go with us like he is my father or something. R says Dada come on roll my brother wants to chill wid you. O.k. why do they keep trying to hook me up? Do I look like I need someone? I ask the bartender how much I owe and R says he got it. I told them again I was ready. Star mumbles she probably wanna get back to see Roc. I told her Yup. We finally leave and the brother makes one more attempt. I just look at him and suck my teeth. I tell the rest of the patrons it was nice meeting them and we leave.

Ruh Roh this is getting good :yes:

It's payday today for me. :dance: We are going shopping this weekend, but haven't figured out where just yet. Sunday we are going to a beach front breakfast restaurant and the food is so so good.

OOH that sounds so nice SunRay we nuh have no beach :crying: :crying:

Hi Mama!!! You have been busy...I miss you on here with the FEVA (lol)...I know you still Philly-licious over there so its all good.

Hey Mamma yes I have a million reports Shorty doo wop calling me 24/7 and a bunch of tech assures to do ughhhhh no time for VJ. When I get home Hubby is like come here ooman lef the laptop LOL :devil:

Nuh worry yuh self mi soon come wid deh Feva I need to post all the movies that are out in the theaters now haaaaa and Nollywood flick or 2

I could use a recap :star:

I am still catching up on Dada's story, hopefully today I can catch up but not likely :crying:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Hello All,

Help Me!!!!

Oh girl. I'm so sorry. Hugs my friend.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.