sus

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 24!

4,635 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow, that's awesome. Thanks for sharing Tee...when will you know your results? I know you rocked it!

I just looked on line. I will know the results on 4/6

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey yardies!! ((waving))

MRStee: My prayers are with you and your dad mama (L)(F)

Justucia: knock em dead tomorrow :thumbs:

Kjenkins: Hope all works out soon with your so SSN. I applied for mine exactly 1 week of being in the country and I received it last Friday without a hassle, I guess it depends on who you deal with @ the office. I agree with Quana and Mrstee about speaking to a supervisor.

Dens Hey mama, how are you?

TAMH

Timeline

Morning!

I just noticed that the # of posts is no longer under our pictures.

Good observation...I probably wouldn't have caught that unless you told us.

I had a grill cheese sandwich blink.gif

I had leftovers....a sloppy joe & the last piece of (imitation) crab quiche that I made....mmm mmm good! :yes:

Today Im feeling melacholy, not sad, but today is my late mother's birthday. She would have been 66. She died from a rare form of liver cancer and she also suffered from IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) I know her "Irish" eyes are smiling down on us though.blush.gif

Thank you for all the love and support about my dad. He is a fighter and he will keep fighting. Not to mention he is about to have surgery AGAIN on his wrists for Carpel tunnel this makes surgery #17blink.gif He also is about to have his knee replaced AGAIN. blink.gif He was only supposed to have it in for 12 years, he has had his in for 15 years. He takes a lickin and keeps on tickin'!!!

Mrstee... (F)(L)

Timeline

Any plans for St. Patrick's Day?

I'm leaving here at 2 to go do a little partying in Dogtown and then corned beef and cabbage for dinner tonight. Cannot wait.

No plans...tonight I might drink sake from a green bottle though & have corned beef & cabbage leftovers from when I cooked it Monday night! :thumbs:

I wish I had a job I could leave at 2 to go party! :P

i just wanted to give a lil bit of background on why those crazy workers sound so confused.. :thumbs:

Thanks Q! That was a good explanation. Too bad more reps aren't like you & take the time to explain things or even be honest & say you don't know.

Mrstee, I am sorry you are feeling melencholy.. I am no stranger to that feeling.

I cannot imagine the feeling of losing my mom, I would be devastated. I only wish for you happy thoughts today.

Call your dad.. can you visit him? Maybe just visit him if you can.

I am with Ells about feeling uncomfortable... I have a hard time w/ sick people as well.

My mom's boyfriend of 15 years passed away when I was 20 of lung cancer. He was only in the hospitol for a week before he died. I could not go to visit. I think now maybe I could but at 20 I was too afraid to cry. Now I cry all the time and just say "f it"... LOL

Thats me! I am a cryer! LOL

Have a green beer, or a shamrock shake and some smiles today. :)

Ditto on that Cat! I can't even *think* about losing my Mom...that alone puts me into hysterics.

You made me go across the street to get a shamrock shake! :lol:

Timeline

kj..i had always heard that you COULD use the temporary stamp for work, but that alot of employers are hesitant to hire cuz they know its temporary.. thats just what ive heard on vj back in the day when i was considering K1 filing.. if he has it, i would try to use it :yes:

ssa has nothing to do with the work authorization so i don't have any professional info :rofl:..

good luck sweetie, i know this all seems overwhelming.. :blush: but it will come together..

That's the same way I understand it from all the reading here on VJ. It's hard to find out technically what is true but it seems if you can get someone to hire you before the I-94 expires, you can work....BUT, if you don't have your EAD by the time it expires, the employer cannot legally keep you employed.

soooooooooooooooooo~ tommorow is green card interview

all the paperwork is together

wish us luck

GOOD LUCK Just! Don't worry though....our interview was a piece of cake so I feel confident for you as well!

This just made my mouth water...thanks Irie!!!! Now I am going to have to go and get one.

I did & it was YUMMY!! :yes:

Hey yardies!! ((waving))

I applied for mine exactly 1 week of being in the country and I received it last Friday without a hassle, I guess it depends on who you deal with @ the office. I agree with Quana and Mrstee about speaking to a supervisor.

Dens Hey mama, how are you?

Hi married woman! How's married life treating you? Congrats on getting the SSN...we going to apply for Den's on Monday. Hope it is a breeze.

I'm good...just been working hard and over here working on the AOS paperwork...trying to get that finished and ready to send out next week.

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Yes I was on the FB last night. Work been keeping me on the lockdown. These folks up in here are janky :angry: You have to cover ya "A" big tyme!!! :rofl: Yes I still have to change my DL, SSN, and credit cards and all that good stuff...I'm trying to wait until after we close on the house before I change my name though...I don't want anything to set us back. :wacko:

:lol: That word always makes me laugh...it's one of my favs. I don't blame you for wanting to settle the house thing first....everything else can be done in small chunks after you take care of that.

girl, his tail was on a one year probabtionary period. LMAO That's sad huh... I'm just keeping it real...Now, since I waited so long I don't see the point unless we have kids, but one day I may wake up and do it. I did get copies of our marriage certificate a couple of weeks ago for that purpose.

Hey Dens girl!

What does the Shamrock shake taste like? It looks minty? I love the orange creme or chocolate banana shakes at McDonalds. lol

I don't blame you at all for the 'probationary period' & I'm glad you're keeping it real like that. :lol: Some days I wonder if I didn't change my name too soon! :devil:

Shamrock shake is just the right amount of minty....refreshing! Ooh, I wish ours had orange creme....that's the only reason I'd go to McDs.

Hey Ladies, so busy today but wanted to ask everyone to pray for Lawny and her family she really needs our united prayers right now.

Done! (L)

Timeline

Hi married woman! How's married life treating you? Congrats on getting the SSN...we going to apply for Den's on Monday. Hope it is a breeze.

I'm good...just been working hard and over here working on the AOS paperwork...trying to get that finished and ready to send out next week.

Married life is good so far, can't complain. I'm sure getting the SSN will be a breeze.

I'm also here trying to sort out the AOS paperwork to get them off. So, how's Den adjusting to the his new life?

TAMH

Timeline

PLEASE PRAY FOR JA LUV HER MOTHER PASSED AWAY THIS MORNING.

Awwwww! Give JA LUV our love, prayers going out to her. (F)(L)

Awwwww! Give JA LUV our love, prayers going out to her. (F)(L)

TAMH

I just looked on line. I will know the results on 4/6

Tee, you going to be fine!

So sorry to hear that. My prayers are with JA LUV and her family! (F)

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Married life is good so far, can't complain. I'm sure getting the SSN will be a breeze.

I'm also here trying to sort out the AOS paperwork to get them off. So, how's Den adjusting to the his new life?

Glad to hear that you are loving the married world. Den is adjusting...he still trying to get use to the weather. I told him spring is on the way. He is also trying to get use to the hour time difference here since it changed Sunday morning. He really ready to get the green light to work. Guess I need to stop dragging my feet with the AOS paperwork, huh? :rofl:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Yes Irie...it is tough some days not to eat sweets, like today..haven't had any since February 16th which is Fat Tuesday. I will say I have lost some LBS!!!!!

Congrats on that! Hmmm...maybe I should cut out sweets too. :whistle:

Thank you ladies! Im really okay. My mom was my BEST friend. You all would love her. She was never judgemental, yet always there for you when you fell on your face lol...She was a school crossing guard so she would see all the kids grow up and come visit her as adults. She was an awesome woman.

I always wear green in honor of her and I just ate 3 Irish potatoes so a sista is doing fine.. You guys are the best!!! :)

Sunny the person whose funeral I am going to is one of my ex boyfriend's mother. Not even sure what she died of yet.... Also another one of my hubbies best friend's got shot and killed last night.. I think sometimes I have a black cloud over my head.. but I know that God has got my back and my family is very supportive of one another so we are going to get through this day! It wouldve been what mommy wanted and I love her for that :)

Your Mom sounds like an angel. My Mom is my best friend too. :luv:

Man, ANOTHER friend of hubby's killed....too much bad stuff going on there these days. :(

exactly!!!!!.. i know its easy to make this whole process so scary, but SIMPLIFY!! lol roger went by himself.. told him to fill out the app and give it to them. Period.. they do this all day like clock work so all they really need to know is original or replacement..

thats a good wait time 10 min.. WOW :thumbs::thumbs: .. never that at my ofc heehee, but we're on a busline in a metropolitan area, so that makes it worse.. would love to work in one of the suburbs.. i would never leave vj LOL

:lol: The office here can be pretty crazy too cause it's SF after all. They do move along pretty good but it's best to go early or you might have to wait an hour later in the day. Next time though, I'm making an appt!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.