sus

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 24!

4,635 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well athough Im feeling melancholy about my mommy, today is not a good day to visit my dad because they got divorced and he remarried, which ticks me off til this day, although his wife is a good woman. I just recently started having a better relationship with my father cause he was a biotch to us growing up. Sometimes I can be just like him but I do have compassion. I think because he and my hubby get along so well, Im trying for the sake of peace to forget the past but its really hard for me. I don't wish sickness on anyone but sometimes I wonder if he is being punished for the way he treated my mother.... I was so bad when she passed, I asked God why didn't he take him instead of her! But Ive prayed really hard to just accept him in my life and let the past be the past...innocent.gif

(F) sometimes i think their actions do come back to haunt them,.. i pray that God helps your heart to forgive when it seems hard, just as HE forgave us.. and even tho your dad didn't do well back then that your relationship now be a fruitful one..

i don't know bout ur dad, but i know mine was being condemned big time bout how he treated us when we were younger and then we still were there for him when he needed us.. he cried everyday at first..i am thankful that we had some SEMBLANCE of a relationship for 1 mnth even tho there was none for 30 years :blush:

be STRONG my girl.. God has a reason for everything.. i know you already know that

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Well athough Im feeling melancholy about my mommy, today is not a good day to visit my dad because they got divorced and he remarried, which ticks me off til this day, although his wife is a good woman. I just recently started having a better relationship with my father cause he was a biotch to us growing up. Sometimes I can be just like him but I do have compassion. I think because he and my hubby get along so well, Im trying for the sake of peace to forget the past but its really hard for me. I don't wish sickness on anyone but sometimes I wonder if he is being punished for the way he treated my mother.... I was so bad when she passed, I asked God why didn't he take him instead of her! But Ive prayed really hard to just accept him in my life and let the past be the past...innocent.gif

I have been talking to Tierra lately about her Dad. Trying to make her feel better about the whole "situation". I have even told her that my Dad (she calls him fishin' grandpa) wasnt always a great dad. He drank to much and treated "nana" badly. Thats why they divorced. Same as her daddy and stepmom. I didnt see my dad for about 13 years and then when I was 21 we hung out at the SAME CLUB.. it was so weird. He would warn all the men to stay away from his daughter HA!! It was always the Jamaican men, cause thats who he hung out with. The whole thing was surreal!

Then when I found out I was pregnant with Tierra.. he manned up for sure and has been a great dad, grandpa and just a good friend now to me. I can talk to him about stuff I cannot talk to my mom about. She is a bit judgemental and he knows he can't judge me at all...

It was hard when I was younger.. I was always mad at him, didnt care where he was, what he was doing .. nothing. He stopped talking to me because of my crazy stepmonster!

I tell Tierra "sometimes it takes Daddys longer to grow up than Mommys" ;)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Thats what im saying because im going on a cruise to the Bahamas in July and I haven't changed mine yetwacko.gif

Can I go? :lol:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

aww dang sunny.. you took the prize!!! i thought i was bad.. but u know what, the only reason i think i really changed it cuz it was ANOTHER man's name and not my own LOL. roger had start giving me the SIDE EYE.. thats another instance where he laid down the law LOL

I changed mine just so I'd have 3 initialslaughing.gif

I couldn't change my name fast enough once I was married. I still had the last name from my last marriage because I didn't want to have a different last name from Marley. I HATED that last name and I couldn't take it anymore....that Monday after the wedding it was changed. I changed my middle name to may maiden name so maybe you can do that Sunny since you like your maiden name so much.

my maiden name is my middle name now too!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I couldn't drop my middle name... It is Jean.. people call me CJ. My Grandma was Olga Jean.. My aunt is Norma Jean.. and I am Catherine Jean... Besides... Catherine Forbes Francis would have been a tounge twister! :) Too many Fs and Ss!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

You can e-mail it to me. LMAO I don't care what people think about me or my relationship so I keep it real at all times Q. If I worried about what people think of me or my relationsip I would have been divorced before I got married, You feel me. LMAO

i know sunny, youve always been that way.. i think thats why we click, we are so much alike.. ive gotten flack about saying some things and doing some things..but it is what it is. i always expect the best and prepare for the worst ya know cuz the only person i HAVE to live with forever is myself..

Timeline

rose.gif sometimes i think their actions do come back to haunt them,.. i pray that God helps your heart to forgive when it seems hard, just as HE forgave us.. and even tho your dad didn't do well back then that your relationship now be a fruitful one..

i don't know bout ur dad, but i know mine was being condemned big time bout how he treated us when we were younger and then we still were there for him when he needed us.. he cried everyday at first..i am thankful that we had some SEMBLANCE of a relationship for 1 mnth even tho there was none for 30 years blush.gif

be STRONG my girl.. God has a reason for everything.. i know you already know that

Thank you though for the words of encouragement. It never hurts to hear it again :)

Timeline

I changed mine just so I'd have 3 initialslaughing.gif

my maiden name is my middle name now too!

Maybe that is why we like each other so much.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

I have been talking to Tierra lately about her Dad. Trying to make her feel better about the whole "situation". I have even told her that my Dad (she calls him fishin' grandpa) wasnt always a great dad. He drank to much and treated "nana" badly. Thats why they divorced. Same as her daddy and stepmom. I didnt see my dad for about 13 years and then when I was 21 we hung out at the SAME CLUB.. it was so weird. He would warn all the men to stay away from his daughter HA!! It was always the Jamaican men, cause thats who he hung out with. The whole thing was surreal!

Then when I found out I was pregnant with Tierra.. he manned up for sure and has been a great dad, grandpa and just a good friend now to me. I can talk to him about stuff I cannot talk to my mom about. She is a bit judgemental and he knows he can't judge me at all...

It was hard when I was younger.. I was always mad at him, didnt care where he was, what he was doing .. nothing. He stopped talking to me because of my crazy stepmonster!

I tell Tierra "sometimes it takes Daddys longer to grow up than Mommys" ;)

thats beautiful irie and soooo true..

i know sunny, youve always been that way.. i think thats why we click, we are so much alike.. ive gotten flack about saying some things and doing some things..but it is what it is. i always expect the best and prepare for the worst ya know cuz the only person i HAVE to live with forever is myself..

So true! :thumbs:

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Irie..has Tierra ever wanted to change last name to Francis? Marley tells people her last name is Cox now and has even asked me if I would go to the court house and change it legally for her. Mikel said he is going to adopt her guess the two of them sat down and talked about it one day while I was at work, but I just don't know how to go about it since we have no contact with her birth father.

Just was wondering if T ever asked to change her name.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Can I go? laughing.gif

As a matter of fact, you can! Its a class reunion trip for all class that went to my high school. We will leave Steve and Den while we go rofl.gif

Maybe that is why we like each other so much.

Probably so! Im Rashida and your Shaniqua.. like Bonnie and Clyde rofl.gifrofl.gif

I couldn't drop my middle name... It is Jean.. people call me CJ. My Grandma was Olga Jean.. My aunt is Norma Jean.. and I am Catherine Jean... Besides... Catherine Forbes Francis would have been a tounge twister! :) Too many Fs and Ss!

I love the name Jean...that's mother's middle name...mostly everyone calls her Jean instead of her first name, Gloria...awww! :wub:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

I couldn't drop my middle name... It is Jean.. people call me CJ. My Grandma was Olga Jean.. My aunt is Norma Jean.. and I am Catherine Jean... Besides... Catherine Forbes Francis would have been a tounge twister! smile.gif Too many Fs and Ss!

Sounds very RICH!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Irie..has Tierra ever wanted to change last name to Francis? Marley tells people her last name is Cox now and has even asked me if I would go to the court house and change it legally for her. Mikel said he is going to adopt her guess the two of them sat down and talked about it one day while I was at work, but I just don't know how to go about it since we have no contact with her birth father.

Just was wondering if T ever asked to change her name.

My son is mad at me til this day because we are all Guerrant's and he is a Dudley. When I was young dumb and full of *** I planned on having all my children with his father. It just didn't work that way. I didn't want me and my children to have different last names so I called myself cleaning up the damage I did with my son.. I made it worse... It he is better with it now thoughblush.gif

Edited by MRStee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.