sus

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 24!

4,635 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So my investigation began:

I figured the first step is to identify potential suspects. Who could've possibly been in one of the 5 conference rooms in the secured section where my phone disappeared. Here's how I narrowed the list from all employees in the building to 74:

1) Checked to see who'd reserved any of the 5 conference rooms

2) Found 3 rooms combined & reserved from 12:30 to 2:30. My phone disappeared between 12 and 1:45, so this one fit.

3) Went to the calendar of the person that made the reservation. Access Denied. :(

4) Looked up her job title. Admin assistant to Mrs Manager

5) Looked at Mrs Manager's calendar. She was off today & didn't have the meeting on her calendar.

6) Saw that Mrs Manager had scheduled meeting with Team Leads for Thursday.

7) Checked each of the 3 Team Leads' calendars to see if they had today's meeting on there.

8) The second Team Lead I tried had meeting on calendar. Saw that meeting ran from 1 to 2. Also saw the people invited to the meeting.

9) Unfortunately, it was a quarterly safety meeting for everyone in the department: 65 people. Still, the list is narrowed to about 74 people: 65 from that meeting, 7 from the meeting I was in, & the 2 sec guards.

So... Do I email these 65 people from some other group about the missing cell phone? If I do, would anything REALLY come of it? I've already prayed that God softens the heart of the thief to the point where they turn it into security.

But in the grand scheme, it's not THAT big a deal to lose a new, expensive cell phone :crying: . After all, Quana said she's lost a bunch. :P

Wow, super sleuth Nat on the job!

I don't take advantage of the annual upgrades either. I had my same phone for over 3 years! I just upgraded to this Google phone 1.5 months ago & was loving it. I didn't think I needed or would really use internet on my phone, but once I had it, I realized how useful it is. Waiting is never an issue if you have the internet on you.

I can definitely see the advantage of having internet handy. Instant directions, phone #s, etc. etc. etc. The possibilities are endless. I've been tempted a time or two but for the time being, paying the extra for that service is NOT in my budget right now.

MrsTee...just let him cry. It breaks your heart but sometimes it really helps them. I have heard my Dad cry so much over the last couple of months and it doesn't get any easier. Chokes me up everytime.

(L)(F) to both of you & your Dads. There's a neighbor lady who I'd pass every morning when we'd both be leaving our houses for our respective bus stops...she always takes the one the block the other direction & I take the one the opposite direction so we'd greet eachother all the time. She's one of the few friendly neighbors I have. Anyway, I'd noticed I hadn't seen her in a while & finally one day I see her again & she says "I've missed you!"...we chatted for a minute & then she began to tell me that she'd taken family medical leave from work to take care of her husband who has cancer. I feel so bad for her....I know this is really hard on her & from what she's explained to me, he isn't taking any kind of treatment (his beliefs I guess??) so basically it sounds like he's just waiting to die. I held her hand for a minute & told her I'd pray for her & her husband too. Cancer is such a terrible thing....so hard to deal with it for me personally. I had a neighbor friend get cancer when we were both in high school & I have to admit, I was not supportive. I just withdrew....I have a tendency to do that when someone gets cancer....I feel really bad but I don't know what to do or how to deal or how to help. Another friend died a few years ago from leukemia & it sucked too....she was so vibrant & seemed so healthy....she was this extremely fit, thin, incredible dancer & artist. Again, I sort of withdrew....we weren't real close but we knew eachother well enough & I know I could've lent more of a helping hand. I just really don't know how to deal. I don't know how anyone deals with it. All I can do is pray for you all.

You're right.. i don't know how well I will handle it thoughcrying.gif

I'm sure you will handle it better than I would....and even if you don't handle it well, just making that connection with him will make all the difference for both of you, no matter the outcome.

Thanks guys for helping me out with that social security question.

I go and fill out the form, called in by some man who said that we don't need to apply because for the past 3 months immigration automatically apllies for it once he comes, and that we'll get it in the mail within 2-3 weeks :unsure:

I don't think that's the case so I'm going back next week. Will let y'all know what happens because there's quite a few of us who will be applying for social security cards in the near future.

I don't believe that guy gave you correct information. For a K-1, it is not automatic. For other visas like K-3 or CR-1, it may be but for those of us doing the fiance visa, you have to go in and apply. Definitely go in & try again. So long as he has been here two weeks, he should be in the 'system' so he can apply.

This was tooo cute

I can finally post a you tube video!!! hallelujah!rofl.gif

YAY that you posted a video! However, I'm alone in this apparently but I think ANYTHING where they make babies do grown-up stuff is creepy! It just gives me the willies! :blink::blush:

Timeline

Morning!

I just noticed that the # of posts is no longer under our pictures.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Good Morning, Happy Hump Day, Happy St Patricks Day...

Have a great day ladies...

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

Good Morning All Have a wonderful day!

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Good morning Yardies! I been M.I.A. lately...been on my grind at work. These folks up in here been tripping...but I wanted to make sure I made my way in here today! I will probably be in and out...

So what all have I missed? :unsure:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Goodmorning everyone, I see it's empty in here but I ain't worried because maybe when I come back later it'll be 30 pages away from where I left it.

Nat: I didn't notice until you mentioned it (the posts under our name) that sucks because I was startingt to watch how fast it'll go up...

I now understand WHY I have to wait 2 weeks: so it'll be in the system, thanks guys. I'm so stubborn I decided I didn't want to wait. I called SSA this morning :bonk:

The reps usually don't know what they're talking about, I called and explained the situation and the lady is like "whatever immigration told you, that's what'll happen" and I'm like "immigrationn didn't tell him it'll be mailed" and she's like "well that means you didn't bring proper documents to apply for it" and I just hung up because she said she CAN'T verify his eligibility and my patience wore thin.

So I called immigration, that number we used to call to check if we got our NOA2 and the thing would never ask if I need to be connected to an agent and when I press 0, it says it doesn't understand. So whatever, will go back next week. Thanks for all the help guys.

I'm off from work today again and my boss is p'd off. She hates it when we're off. But a part of the city is flooded because it rained fri-mon so we'll probably be off tomorrow too :dance:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

At least you're sincere. I appreciate sincerity far more than people being fake out of so-called politeness.

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Ahhh, damn it! That's a bummer. sad.gif

Awww, I feel for him. I don't know if I could be one of those positive, hopeful people if I were to get cancer. I'd just feel like I haven't done everything I wanted to do & I'd probably be terrified. I'm always amazed at people who deal with situations like that with true grace & humility. I agree with Dillon though, it could be therapeutic for both of you to just let him get it out. Still praying for him Mrstee! rose.gifheart.gif

I think you got this! good.gif

laughing.gif I got a cure for that & it ain't nothin nice! no0pb.gif

I know thats right! yes.gif

Timeline

Goodmorning everyone, I see it's empty in here but I ain't worried because maybe when I come back later it'll be 30 pages away from where I left it.

Nat: I didn't notice until you mentioned it (the posts under our name) that sucks because I was startingt to watch how fast it'll go up...

I now understand WHY I have to wait 2 weeks: so it'll be in the system, thanks guys. I'm so stubborn I decided I didn't want to wait. I called SSA this morning headbonk.gif

The reps usually don't know what they're talking about, I called and explained the situation and the lady is like "whatever immigration told you, that's what'll happen" and I'm like "immigrationn didn't tell him it'll be mailed" and she's like "well that means you didn't bring proper documents to apply for it" and I just hung up because she said she CAN'T verify his eligibility and my patience wore thin.

So I called immigration, that number we used to call to check if we got our NOA2 and the thing would never ask if I need to be connected to an agent and when I press 0, it says it doesn't understand. So whatever, will go back next week. Thanks for all the help guys.

I'm off from work today again and my boss is p'd off. She hates it when we're off. But a part of the city is flooded because it rained fri-mon so we'll probably be off tomorrow too kicking.gif

Kj, if you ever go to SS office and they don't give you what you need ask to speak with a supervisor. Also print the guides where it says you can apply for a SS number 2 weeks after their arrival. Hubby and I went 2wks and 2 days just to be sure he was in the system and we had absolutely know no problem. They say it takes 30 days to get the card, we got in a week and a half. I had no problems changing my SS after I got married either. I didn't even have my marriage cert. I used the one they give you as a souvenior. I just applied for a replacement card for my daughter, again no problems. You just need to reach people who know what the hell they are talking about and if not always ask for a supervisor. Your time is valuable and Im sure you can't keep taking off to handle SS issues. Good luck!!!

Edited by MRStee

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Soulard is the bomb!!! We even got this huge rug for our bedroom for $35!!!! I think it is an 8x10.

I will have to go to Dierbergs to check it out...to me their prices are usually really high.

I could not agree more. I love spending $20 and walking out of there with my little granny cart full!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

By Sunny...

I am trying to find a friend to go out with tonight since I am all alone. I need to take advantage of it while I can!!!

I didn't do anything. You should've said this statement a little earlier in the day!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Kj, if you ever go to SS office and they don't give you what you need ask to speak with a supervisor. Also print the guides where it says you can apply for a SS number 2 weeks after their arrival. Hubby and I went 2wks and 2 days just to be sure he was in the system and we had absolutely know no problem. They say it takes 30 days to get the card, we got in a week and a half. I had no problems changing my SS after I got married either. I didn't even have my marriage cert. I used the one they give you as a souvenior. I just applied for a replacement card for my daughter, again no problems. You just need to reach people who know what the hell they are talking about and if not always ask for a supervisor. Your time is valuable and Im sure you can't keep taking off to handle SS issues. Good luck!!!

Okay thanks :star:

But I can't find where it says he can apply 2weeks later, do you remember where you saw it?

Edited by kjenkins86

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Timeline

I am in a pissed off mood today :angry:

I burned my finger this morning! :angry:

I NEED a Vacay now!!!!

oh good mroning all! ;)

Oh no, feel better :star:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Timeline

Part 15:

yes.gifyes.gifyes.gifgood.gif Some people think they're bad...until someone shows them otherwise.

Wha happened?? I peeked in & couldn't find anything juicy. no0pb.giflaughing.gif

Congrats Jamerican on the good score! How'd you do on the others?

Sounds like you have a slight case of insomnia...I know the time change doesn't help either. I've been going to bed real late the last couple nights. Had to take melatonin last night to get my self in 'sleep mode'. Then hubby's mom calls at 4:30 a.m. cause after nearly 9 months she STILL doesn't realize the time difference! headbonk.gifheadbonk.gif Hubby forgot to turn off the ringer last night before bed so we had an unwanted wake up call. Couldn't go back to sleep until almost 6 a.m. & the alarm went off 30 minutes later. Sometimes I tell ya..... dry.gif

I've been to bed at 12:30 or later since the time change. I wish I was doing something productive like Nat....usually I'm just goofing off online.

Happy Anniversary 1luv! wub.gif

Nothing happened, Ells. That's the point. They talk the same BS day after day after day. And, then think they are so damn clever.

Can't believe I used to spend hours on there. Minutes now and I'm ready to bash my head into a wall.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.