sus

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 24!

4,635 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello yaardies!!! I'm BAAAACK!!! LMAO! Hope everyone is well and happy!! I KNOW I have missed so much... just wanted to share w/ you that we are going to start the process w/ my stepson... here we go again, LOL.

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Timeline
Hello yaardies!!! I'm BAAAACK!!! LMAO! Hope everyone is well and happy!! I KNOW I have missed so much... just wanted to share w/ you that we are going to start the process w/ my stepson... here we go again, LOL.

missed you girl ..AND OF COURSE I WISH YOU THE BEST ON THE JOURNEY FOR YOUR SON

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Hey Jess!!!! Thanks!!

finesse... you are almost due?!?!?!?!?!?! OMG!!!!!! I've missed ALOT!~

Edited by MrsBuggy

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I've stayed at sandcastles a few times and loved it. The location was good, but the beach sucks over on that side. Talk about hills, Crane Village has a huge hill to walk up and down. I hear Fishermans is ok too. it's about the same as Sandcastles. They are hit or miss as far as the rooms go, but if you get a room that you don't like, you can always ask to change. I also love the food shop right outside of Sandcastles. Yummy, I can't wait to go there and get some fried chicken. When are you going JQ?

We are leaving April 8th- day b4 the interview

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline
Stay up the hill! It'll suck then, but think of the forced exercise.

That's a great ticket price!

Exercise thats what Im doing now to get ready for Ja, we gone walk enough being in the town of Ochi, I really dont want to go there its to far :crying:

Yes that ticket price is awesome :dance:

JQ - did you get interview date? sorry if you posted it.....

Hey Finesse My interview dat is April 9th

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
LOL @ the cravings

They searched my Hubby a million times even rescanned the Laptop WTH and this was in JA but not in customs :blink:

Bunz does he look suspect or something? Maybe its the dreadloc ponytail ( shrugs shoulders)

:bonk::rofl:

I have my fingers crossed he will be just fine, he has a $500 I wouldn't stress :no:

LOL yes Sun with the unitard contraption and a good sports bra haaa

Whaaat that is a crazy hot mess in regards to the flight times I truly hope that this doesn't change in Philly cause I love my early flights and late returns

I went on the site and they don't even have flights from Philly right now :blink:

LOL @ the comforter and hotel sheets!

are you serious wow! i have to ask the lady running the trip how she plans on getting her group there :blink:

:rofl: I know that's right!

Wow on the day of the shower now that's something!

Girl :bonk::bonk:

LOL I just talked to my African's Sistren and she is sending me this today just released. ( yeah I know I got the hook up)

SE-399-1.jpg

CHELSEA (ORIGINAL VERSION)

Slys (Majid Michel) premonitions and dreams are ever recurring, a pre-occupation that goads his desire. The expression of unconditional love by Katty his lifelong admirer remains a mere illusion. In a contrasting world of Marlows (John Dumelo) empire, a rich business tycoon who begets what he wishes in snap, love is just a mirage, and engagements between two souls leave just for the spur of the moment. But would Chelsea (Nadia Buari) change his perceptions? Would Sly finally get to meet his fairy princess? The Armageddon beckons

Dont teas me philly :crying:

I've stayed at sandcastles a few times and loved it. The location was good, but the beach sucks over on that side. Talk about hills, Crane Village has a huge hill to walk up and down. I hear Fishermans is ok too. it's about the same as Sandcastles. They are hit or miss as far as the rooms go, but if you get a room that you don't like, you can always ask to change. I also love the food shop right outside of Sandcastles. Yummy, I can't wait to go there and get some fried chicken. When are you going JQ?

PHILLY STAY FOCUS... ya chat about food in dis post!!! STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY FOCUSED! :bonk:

Good luck to you :)

Timeline
If you said SOME Americans I may have agreed but to sterotype us all? Im sorry I just don't agree. Ive worked 22 LONG DYAAM YEARS at the same job, which I believe due to the economy would let my rass go if need be, but I have an alternate plan on ready set go just incase! I am proud to say at the age of almost 40 years old I have returned to college to get my degree so that I no longer would have a job but a "career" at doing something I enjoy doing which is working with children.... So me lazy, nah sis.. in addition to that I was taking care of my sick mom, working full-time, school part-time, help raising my nephew and niece and helping my sick brother, raising one child who is bipolar.. where is the LAZINESS in that??? :blink:

girl you said it

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Good night yardies!

My ring finally came in from special order...I'm so psyched! :thumbs:

We going to find our house tomorrow...I'm claiming it! :thumbs:

Congrats on getting your ring & happy house hunting! Exciting!

Just dropped my husband off at the airport. :crying: :crying:

Picture we almost forgot to pack the authorization for parole document! Steven remembered this morning.

Awww, I know it's a mixed bag....sad he's going but happy to have time to yourself. Good thing you guys remembered the AP! Whew!

Hi Yardies...Just a little update. My hubby and I just celebrated our first anniversary yesterday and he got a job yesterday. Praise be to God! Other than that, we are doing okay. Daughter is driving me crazy with her boycraze and one of my supervisors at work cannot spend a day without calling me to give me corrective counseling with her Harry Porter looking self (but I digress), I finally had to go to HR for harrasment, but we shall see. Just keep me in your prayers.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Happy Anniversary Shauns & congrats on hubby's new job! Sounds like things are going great! :thumbs:

I feel so damn lost but I can't read so many pages :angry: Why y'all talk so much? :wacko:

SO is good, yesterday we went to the New York Aquarium, he loved it!! Then we went to NYC and was just walking around, we found him a suit fo rthe wedding, still didn't find anything for me! We were suppose to go out today but I'm tired, had to do my hair so we're chilling for the night. So far it's ok. I was really worried about not having any personal space but I found one, the bathroom. Been in here for hours, took a showere, washed my hair, shat VJ, shop online and he didn't even knock on the door to check if I was ok. He's busy with my 5 year old niece that is obsessed with him :star:

As for the wedding, didn't plan anything yet but I know it won't be anything big. I do want to have it in a church and then escape to the poconos for a weekend. Will not be having a reception and who don't like that "oh freaking well!" My family is too filled w' drama to be having any get together

Glad things are going well & that's so cute how much your niece loves him!

DaDa, yes, he went back to JA for 12 days.

He was SO excited about going back & surprising his friends/family. Since he left so abruptly without getting to say a proper goodbye in September, this is his first trip back.

And since he's gone, it gave me time to play with my spreadsheets. lol

---------

On the bright side, I have no meetings today AND I'm applying that 30 minutes to my workday, so I'll leave at 5:30 instead of 6.... not that I have anyone to rush home to. :unsure:

That's nice he'll get to see everyone & this time have a proper goodbye. Also nice for you to have time to yourself....I love my hubby but I love my 'me' time too.

It's strange not to have someone to come home to now isn't it?

Timeline
Ya'll please pray for my grandmother she passed out 12noon yesterday and they still can't wake her and di damn people dem at the hospital won't answer the phone so we can get an update. My cousin said before she blacked out she called my name. The last converstation I had with her was they day I was born she even remembered what I wore she then told me --- if I'm ready...then she's ready.

Lawny, praying for your Granny so hard! I know the love you have for her & vice versa & hope she gets better quick!

Praying for your grandma Lawns... I feel in love with her when I seen her pics. You can tell she's one sweet lady and I was hoping to meet her in JA one day. Keep us updated and I pray that things are ok. (L)

:yes::yes: on all points

I gotta run but I have to post this

Ok I'm not having a big wedding, just a little something in a church for the sake of having some nice pictures then us and whoever I invite all go out to eat, in other words no reception. This is the dilema: my family isn't too thrilled to see that I'm getting married, my guess is that because my sister's husband just up and left when he got his greencard. I don't want to go somewhere too fancy or expensive to eat when #1 I have to foot the bill, #2 my family won't even eat because it's not Jamaican food or rather, food that they know and #3 why invite them and they're not so thrilled?

My other alternative is to invite my best friend, (we've been friends since preschool so we go deep) BUT she's paranoid schizophrenic, doesn't take it serious and thus doesn't take her meds. So I'm stuck as to what to do, who to invite and how to approach the situation with my family. A friend of mine said I should just grab a witness, go down to Atlantic City, get married and screw the family and friend but I have to think that I'm coming back home to this crazy family and friend. What to do, what to do????? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I'm gonna chime in & say make the day special for the two of you. There were enough times I thought about eloping to some place like Vegas because I just wasn't in to planning a wedding. If it had worked out that way, that would've been all good too....I just wanted us to have a special day we'd always remember.

WOW

and these are the same nurses who work in foreign and dammn well have to respect american ppl yet dem feel dem can disrespect jamaican ppl

I've noticed that with many Jamaican workers....those in the tourism sector as well. I just don't get all the attitude & think there is a lot of unspoken 'classism' that happens there. It really ticks me off!

Tre, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother & the unsympathetic hospital workers. They need more training.

They NEED to be replaced by people who will do a better (nicer) job!! :angry:

Yuh paying for it now. When I was younger that was everyday for me, but now I can't hang. LMAO

Me neither! :no:

Timeline
I am getting ready to leave for lunch and take Hubby to the airport. :dance: I made him make me a BIG pot of rice and peas last night to hold me over for a bit before he gets back. I am with Nat on this one I will miss him but I really am looking forward to a little ME time.

:thumbs: Enjoy your time & he'll be home soon enough!

Sun we were there this weekend and Lawd we had to stalk the tables to eat in the gaming area! Then they didn't have my favorite chicken and shrimp fettuccine :angry: but at least the boys had a good time. It was nice to have a family outing after what seems like forever.

We took another morph pic to see what our dawtah would look like and awwwe this time it looks like ours LOL

Glad you had fun & even more glad that you had a real family outing for the first time in a long time! It brings joy to my heart!

I was going to suggest that. He can try the declare line...but sometimes that don't work. I hate it when I go to the NOTHING to declare line -- then they send you to get searched pisses me off :angry:

Happens to me almost every time!

I was dancing a few days in advance, but the actual trip to the airport was very sad for me. I think I'll dance again when I come home from work, get over the fact that he's not here, and take joy that no one is asking me to do anything.

When I went through, I paid attention to the fine print that mentions the $500 you say. I declared what I was bringing, but when they acted like they wanted to charge me, I pointed out that the form says you can bring up to $500 duty free. I didn't pay anything.

My hubby asks an awful lot of me sometimes too....I can imagine what some time alone will feel like....I'm sure I'll miss him though.

You go girl in sticking up for yourself & not letting those customs people mess with you! :thumbs:

One of my strategies for not getting searched was to pick the line that had a man checking your form, and hide the hand with the engagement/wedding ring. In my experiences, men are more laid back & easy-going than women, esp if you smile.

I've tried that strategy too & one time I realized too late I was in a woman's line in the rush to just get to it & busy talking to some folks whose first time it was there...sure enough, she sent me off to go get searched! :angry: The women at customs are seriously biatches!

that reminds me of something hilarious

back in the early 90's when ppl used to bring to try to smuggle in american apples, this woman coming home got stopped and customs was gonna take away her apples, a whooooole heap of them too

now of course di dutty customs officer not going to throw them away

dem going tek and dem and go sell dem or share dem up fi dem fren and family

so this woman goes o'rly? and proceeds to bite every single apple and rub dem up against her vaggy :rofl: :rofl: :blink:

:blink:

:rofl:

Congrats MrsBuggy on getting started with that!

Timeline

Mawning Yardies :star: No sleep my stomach is in knots :unsure: HA HA HOURS BABY HOURS!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

GOODNESS!!!!

You ladies are talking up a storm.

Morning ALL!!

Another Mama Jew on the way!!!!!

e7G5m4.png

"All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face wih another problem" Dr. MLK Jr.

12/3/2009--- visa in hand

12/09/2009-- POE Baltimore MD

02/13/2010-- Going to the Chapel

02/23/2010-- AOS package mailed

04/29/2010-- Welcome letter received

05/01/2010-- Green Card in hand

Timeline

Morning!

I got 8 hours of sleep! :dance:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.