16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

i-134 should send when ur fiancee get panket3

2003-XX-XXX==> Start talking2004-14-Feb==> We're LuVeR.

2007-21-Jan==> First meeting(8 days)

2007-13-May==> Second meeting(21 days)

2007-24-Dec==> Third meeting(29 days)

2008-21-Aug==> Fourth meeting(32 days)

2009-26-Nov==> Fifth meeting(82 days)

i-134 should send when ur fiancee get panket3

I thought the I-134 was to to be submitted to the consular officer on the day of the interview. It does not appear on the check list for packet 3.

The list i have for packet 3 is:

DS-156

DS-157

DS-156k

DS-230-part one and two.

IV-15 Checlist and notice of readiness..

So is this correct that we need to send the I-134 with the package 3?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I thought the I-134 was to to be submitted to the consular officer on the day of the interview. It does not appear on the check list for packet 3.

The list i have for packet 3 is:

DS-156

DS-157

DS-156k

DS-230-part one and two.

IV-15 Checlist and notice of readiness..

So is this correct that we need to send the I-134 with the package 3?

oh yes so sorry i was my mistyping i meant. i-134 will use when into consular officer

2003-XX-XXX==> Start talking2004-14-Feb==> We're LuVeR.

2007-21-Jan==> First meeting(8 days)

2007-13-May==> Second meeting(21 days)

2007-24-Dec==> Third meeting(29 days)

2008-21-Aug==> Fourth meeting(32 days)

2009-26-Nov==> Fifth meeting(82 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Everyone should check the embassy website for the requirements for the country the interview will be at because some embassies do not require the ds-230 form.

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I would like to send it my I-134 with the I-129f fiancee petition. Is it ok to do this?

Sure it is OK... but since you will need to provide evidence of financial ability again to the consulate, so why bother

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I would like to send it my I-134 with the I-129f fiancee petition. Is it ok to do this?

Sure. Then you will do another one and send it to your fiancee for the interview. There is no penalty for doing double work and sending un-needed documents with the petition.

The affidavit is for the visa application interview, not for the petition.

Before you do ANYthing, make SURE you read all the guides and instructions. Make SURE you understand what you are doing. You do not understand what you are doing right now, but nothing has been sent, so no harm done. No amount of facetious, unnecessary paper will make up for any missing dsocuments. Do it one time, do it right. The guides and forums here are for that. everything you need is here.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Sure you can send in anything you want. You WILL need to resend it for the interview.

It is not needed at this stage. Why not follow the rules?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Sure you can send in anything you want. You WILL need to resend it for the interview.

It is not needed at this stage. Why not follow the rules?

I just asked because in my position there is talk of cutting people and it is possible I will lose my postion a few weeks after I send in the petition. But as of now I am still working and I have the letter from the position that I am working and my annual salary of $54,000.

Therefore, in this case what are my options? scramble to get another position ASAP or is it possible for my brother to complete the I-134 for my fiancee? Also, if I go on unemployment then would they find out that information as well?

Do they actually call the employer from the consular?

The date on the bank statements and employer letter..... How current does it need to be before the consular interview?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
I just asked because in my position there is talk of cutting people and it is possible I will lose my postion a few weeks after I send in the petition. But as of now I am still working and I have the letter from the position that I am working and my annual salary of $54,000.

Therefore, in this case what are my options? scramble to get another position ASAP or is it possible for my brother to complete the I-134 for my fiancee? Also, if I go on unemployment then would they find out that information as well?

The date on the bank statements and employer letter..... How current does it need to be before the consular interview?

They don't call. They will know more about your life than you do, so don't sweat that. If you can't afford an international relatonship then you shouldn't be doing it. Sorry, but the facts are the facts. The I-1354 is to be sent for the interview and dated closer to the interview than now.

If you lose your job, then you have three options:

1. Cancel everything because you can't afford to meet the minimum income requirements alone.

2. Get a new job right away and be over the minimums.

3. Get a co-sponsor and send in their I-134 along with yours when the interview gets close.

Everyone does it this way; your suggested way will not work.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Don't even consider misrepresenting material facts at the interview. It can result in a lifetime ban for your loved one and prison (unlikely) for you.

The I-134 and supporting documents should be as current as practical, usually meaning within 60 days of the interview.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

If you look at the information packet on the Kiev website it contains a .pdf file titled "OF167eng.pdf".... Near the bottom it states the following:

"Affidavits of Support should be of a recent date when presented to the consular officer. They are unacceptable if more than one year has elapsed since the date of execution."

I know they accept it at about 6 mos. of execution because my I-134 was executed in December 2006 and my wife had a May 2007 interview. Unless someone else has specific experience with the Kiev consulate, an I-134 executed beyond that is only a guess as to how the consular will react.

FWIW, the Kiev consulate does NOT require an actual I-134, but DOES require the same type of evidence that one normally would submit with the I-134

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

In case it is not clear, the answer is NO!!! Do not send any form that is not asked for.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline
What is the minimum salary for needed for the I-134?

Depends on the family size.... typically, if you are at or above 125% of the poverty guidelines you should be OK.... google "I-864P" to see the guidelines

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.