JL204

I-693 (Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record) Questions

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi again!

I have another question...it's about I-693...my wife still has her vaccination reports or DS-3025 with her....it says in the instructions that if you entered as K1 fiancee visa, you are not required to have another medical exam as long as the form I-485 is filed within one year of the overseas medical exam. She should just show proof that she complied with the vaccination requirements. Since my wife still has her vaccination records/DS-3025, is this enough proof or do we still need to submit an I-693 and have it certified by a civil surgeon?

Thanks in advance for your help =)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

look at the ds3025 form at the bottom left it will have a box checked. if it says immunizations complete then you only need to have the records transcribed onto the I 693. If it says incomplete, then you will need the nessesary shots or tb skin test and then have it all transcribed on the I- 693 by a CS. You will not need another examination. Good luck - Joe

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Timeline

hi mari jo,

i read this in a post last night so it's quite contradicting and it confuses me even more...

Q: Why are K non-immigrant visa holders asked to include a vaccination supplement when filing Form I-485 to adjust status?

Some countries allow K non-immigrant visa applicants to defer their vaccinations until after they arrive in the U.S. If the beneficiary's vaccinations were not completed as part of the visa process, it is necessary to include form I-693- part 1, part 2-vaccination section, and part 5 in the application.

If the beneficiary's vaccinations were COMPLETED as part of the visa process, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE FORM I-693 IN THE AOS SUBMISSION. All your medical information is enclosed in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE. The envelope is then forwarded on to USCIS where it will be consolidated with the I-485 submission, once received. If you received a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your Panel Physician, you may include a copy of that form in your AOS submission in place of Form I-693.

Q: Do I need to complete another full medical to adjust status?

Per Section 1245.5 in the Code of Federal Regulations, a medical examination shall not be required of an applicant for adjustment of status who entered the United States as a non-immigrant spouse, fiancée, or fiancée of a United States citizen or the child of such an alien as defined in section 101(a)(15)(K) of the Act and §214.2(k) of 8 CFR chapter I if the applicant was medically examined prior to, and as a condition of, the issuance of the non-immigrant visa; provided that the medical examination occurred not more than 1 year prior to the date of application for adjustment of status.

please help me out here....thanks =)

What confuses you?

The paragraphs you posted confirmed what Mari Joe told you, it all depends on what is written on the ds-3025. Could you tell us which box is checked on it?

I-751 package sent : 03/30/2012

I-751 receipt date : 04/03/2012

What confuses you?

The paragraphs you posted confirmed what Mari Joe told you, it all depends on what is written on the ds-3025. Could you tell us which box is checked on it?

Actually it is very confusing as if you follow the paragraph(s) you still most lickly will get a RFE, this problem is coming up almost everyday in a new thread, maybe it should have it's own thread so everyone can list their experences

Marriage :2009-12-31

I-485-AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 2010-01-12

I-485 RFE response received by USCIS : 2010-02-010

EAD/AP Approved Date: 2010-03-11

AP Received Date: 2010-03-16

EAD Received Date 2010-03-19

AOS Interview Appointment 2010-05-10

Green Card approved 2010-05-10

Email received Card Production ordered 2010-05-13

Green Card received 2010-06-08

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi mari jo,

i read this in a post last night so it's quite contradicting and it confuses me even more...

Q: Why are K non-immigrant visa holders asked to include a vaccination supplement when filing Form I-485 to adjust status?

Some countries allow K non-immigrant visa applicants to defer their vaccinations until after they arrive in the U.S. If the beneficiary's vaccinations were not completed as part of the visa process, it is necessary to include form I-693- part 1, part 2-vaccination section, and part 5 in the application.

If the beneficiary's vaccinations were COMPLETED as part of the visa process, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE FORM I-693 IN THE AOS SUBMISSION. All your medical information is enclosed in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE. The envelope is then forwarded on to USCIS where it will be consolidated with the I-485 submission, once received. If you received a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your Panel Physician, you may include a copy of that form in your AOS submission in place of Form I-693.

Q: Do I need to complete another full medical to adjust status?

Per Section 1245.5 in the Code of Federal Regulations, a medical examination shall not be required of an applicant for adjustment of status who entered the United States as a non-immigrant spouse, fiancée, or fiancée of a United States citizen or the child of such an alien as defined in section 101(a)(15)(K) of the Act and §214.2(k) of 8 CFR chapter I if the applicant was medically examined prior to, and as a condition of, the issuance of the non-immigrant visa; provided that the medical examination occurred not more than 1 year prior to the date of application for adjustment of status.

please help me out here....thanks =)

One of the problems is, when attempting to have the vaccinations transcribed onto the I-693, a lot of CS will NOT do it and they know very damn well jam the person attempting the AOS is in. They, the CS, wants to do the full medical again no matter what the instructions say about having a medical less than a year ago. One wanted $415 for a medical near my home 5 miles away even after she lied on the phone and said she would do just the transcription for $125 if thats all I needed, but when I arrived at her office, it was a bait and switch, and she would not do it. So I found another 50 miles from me, just today, and had my wife just do a complete medical again for $165. These CS need to be closely scrutinized by the USCIS since they are having people go to them only.

Edited by Mike N Julie

qip3dmkzd14e.png

01/05/12 - Mailed I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions.

01/09/12 - Petiton arrived us VSC.

11/15/12 - Wife Received ten year PR Card.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
One of the problems is, when attempting to have the vaccinations transcribed onto the I-693, a lot of CS will NOT do it and they know very damn well jam the person attempting the AOS is in. They, the CS, wants to do the full medical again no matter what the instructions say about having a medical less than a year ago. One wanted $415 for a medical near my home 5 miles away even after she lied on the phone and said she would do just the transcription for $125 if thats all I needed, but when I arrived there it was a bait and switch. So I found another 50 miles from me, just today, and had my wife just do a complete medical again for $165. These CS need to be closely scrutinized by the USCIS since they are having people go to them only.

Agreed. The fact that I could go for $40 and have the CS transcribe the vaccination record to the I-693, where some doctors will not do it or charge an incredible amount of money for 5 minutes of paperwork is ludicrous. I suppose in some areas the Civil Surgeons have the market cornered and they can get away with it. Is there anywhere to give feedback I wonder?

Maybe: Report USCIS Employee Misconduct

(It has to be a specific report, not just a general complaint.

or maybe:

USCIS Ombudsman Liaison

The USCIS Ombudsman Liaison Unit (OLU) is responsible for managing the flow of information between USCIS and the Ombudsman’s Office. The OLU responds to questions posed by the Ombudsman’s Office, coordinates and prepares responses to the Ombudsman’s formal recommendations and annual reports, and facilitates the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that USCIS customers receive the best possible service.

To help improve customer service, we seek feedback from our customers, stakeholders, and affiliated agencies to help identify issues that directly affect you. Email the Ombudsman Liaison Unit at OLUInquiries@dhs.gov. Please explain your concern, question, or suggestion as clearly as possible. Regrettably, we cannot post any inquiries online if they have case-specific or personal information in them.”

Edited by KnJ

Timeline

thanks for all your replies.... i was a bit confused because i thought the word "complete" in the i-693 instructions means that my wife has completed the vaccination process in the Philippines before she came here....so if it means the boxes on the lower left of the DS3025, the box checked says " vaccine history incomplete; applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver bec. vaccination not medically appropriate..... so it's still a little confusing due to the fact that she's still not supposed to get those vaccines since it's "not medically appropriate"...but just to be sure, we'll just go ahead and have an i-693 certified by a civil surgeon..... another expense...tsk3x.... oh well, but thanks everyone, your replies sure cleared out a lot of things and it's quite reassuring to know that we're not the only ones confused by all these requirements.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:9wycp-...=clnk&gl=us

Ok here is what I think most people and Civil Surgeons are missing. If you follow the exhaustive link above to USCIS for the Q + A on TB skin testing and vaccination requirements, you will see the following Q + A.

Q: If an applicant is required to receive only the vaccinations, and not undergo the entire medical exam, does he/she have to submit the entire Form I-693?

No. Applicants who are not required to have the entire medical examination need to submit only pages one, three and five of the new form. The required sections include Part 1, Information About You, the vaccination record portion of Part 2, and Part 5 (if the vaccinations are administered by a civil surgeon) or Part 6 (if the vaccinations are administered by a local health department). Pages two and four, that would have been left blank, do not need to be submitted.

Because the last page of the I-693 (below the doctors signature) says that he certifies that he , the CS, did a med. exam, he may not want to sign it without him doing an exam, thus charging you a fee for another exam. Copy the entire Q+A and bring it with you to convince the CS you will not need another exam regardless of any other immunizations or TB skin test. Good luck! Mari-Joe

Edited by mari joe

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:9wycp-...=clnk&gl=us

Ok here is what I think most people and Civil Surgeons are missing. If you follow the exhaustive link above to USCIS for the Q + A on TB skin testing and vaccination requirements, you will see the following Q + A.

Q: If an applicant is required to receive only the vaccinations, and not undergo the entire medical exam, does he/she have to submit the entire Form I-693?

No. Applicants who are not required to have the entire medical examination need to submit only pages one, three and five of the new form. The required sections include Part 1, Information About You, the vaccination record portion of Part 2, and Part 5 (if the vaccinations are administered by a civil surgeon) or Part 6 (if the vaccinations are administered by a local health department). Pages two and four, that would have been left blank, do not need to be submitted.

Because the last page of the I-693 (below the doctors signature) says that he certifies that he , the CS, did a med. exam, he may not want to sign it without him doing an exam, thus charging you a fee for another exam. Copy the entire Q+A and bring it with you to convince the CS you will not need another exam regardless of any other immunizations or TB skin test. Good luck! Mari-Joe

I posted on this yesterday. A lot of CS will NOT fill out ANY portion of the I-693 unless the immigrant agrees to a full medical. I stood there and read the instructions as she followed along and still refused to do any portion of the form. Its all a damn money game with a lot of CS's, and like I stated previously, they know they have a person in a pickle.

Edited by Mike N Julie

qip3dmkzd14e.png

01/05/12 - Mailed I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions.

01/09/12 - Petiton arrived us VSC.

11/15/12 - Wife Received ten year PR Card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.