JL204

I-864 (affidavit of support)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! =)

I have a few questions about I-864 (Affidavit of Support) in connection with submitting the I-485 (Adjustment of Status).

1st question:

We are a little confused with part 5 #21 of the I-864 form. It's asking us to fill in the household size and not to count anyone twice...there's only the 2 of us in the house...me (the sponsor) and my wife(the applicant)...there are boxes where you have to put the number of people for:

1.) persons being sponsored in this affidavit (in this case, my wife)

2.) persons NOT sponsored in the affidavit:

a. yourself (which would be me)

b. if you are currently married, enter "1" for your spouse (which would be my wife again)

so if i put "1" on all 3 boxes because they all apply to me, that would make us "3" in the household...but there are only "2"... is this ok or should i put "0" in one of the above boxes?

2nd question:

in the CHECKLIST of items to be submitted with I-864 for all sponsors, I've never received a Form 1099 and I don't know what a Schedule is...are these really required or are the Form 1040s and W2s enough? I also ordered a tax return transcript from IRS.

Please help me out. Thanks! =)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

If you are two in the household it should be two... If your spouse is the beneficerary then you count as one... so the total is 2... The part about the spouse is if for instance you are sponsoring another family member, say your parents, then there would be an additional spouse...

if there are two of you, the household size is two....

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi! =)

I have a few questions about I-864 (Affidavit of Support) in connection with submitting the I-485 (Adjustment of Status).

1st question:

We are a little confused with part 5 #21 of the I-864 form. It's asking us to fill in the household size and not to count anyone twice...there's only the 2 of us in the house...me (the sponsor) and my wife(the applicant)...there are boxes where you have to put the number of people for:

b. if you are currently married, enter "1" for your spouse (which would be my wife again) Your wife IS being sponsored, so she would not appear here.

so if i put "1" on all 3 boxes because they all apply to me, that would make us "3" in the household...but there are only "2"... is this ok or should i put "0" in one of the above boxes? see above

2nd question:

in the CHECKLIST of items to be submitted with I-864 for all sponsors, I've never received a Form 1099 and I don't know what a Schedule is...are these really required or are the Form 1040s and W2s enough? I also ordered a tax return transcript from IRS. 1099 and additional schedules may be a part of a tax return. If you only have wage income then W2 would be it. As you are using the IRS transcripts you won't need to send anything else.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Hi! =)

1st question:

b. if you are currently married, enter "1" for your spouse (which would be my wife again)

so if i put "1" on all 3 boxes because they all apply to me, that would make us "3" in the household...but there are only "2"... is this ok or should i put "0" in one of the above boxes?

2nd question:

in the CHECKLIST of items to be submitted with I-864 for all sponsors, I've never received a Form 1099 and I don't know what a Schedule is...are these really required or are the Form 1040s and W2s enough? I also ordered a tax return transcript from IRS.

I put 1 on box which is you sponsored the intending immigrant then another 1 which is the sponsor (you) and I leave it blank if you are currently married (which the person whom you are sponsoring.) since the intending immigrant is ypur spouse you dont have to put 1 again on that box. So all in all the household size is only 2.

2/19/2010- sent out I-130, I-485,I-765

2/22/2010-package delivered

3/01/2010-Cashed checks for I-130 and I-485

3/03/2010-Received all NOA's dated 3/01/2010

3/08/2010-Received biometrics appointment letter

3/09/2010-Biometrics done

3/09/2010-I-485 and I-765 touched

3/10/2010-I-485 touched

3/11/2010-I-130 and I-765 touched

4/09/2010-Received interview letter for May 13th

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

• 5 months later...
Filed: Timeline

hi

i applied for my wife and kid on family base( f2 ) visa.

i need help about i864, ok here is what happen my wife and child had interview in New Delhi and they ask her to resubmit i864 with joint sponsor and with most recent year tax return, also asked to file i-864a since my income is 18,799.00 in last year tax return due to some business loss. but my official income was 38,000.00 for last year. i am little confused now. but since my sister is ready to file i864a with me and that can supplement the income but in her tax return for last year she claim my younger brother as dependent and her gross is 20,393.00 after tax adjustment.i just want to know that we are all together 5 dependents, so what are the possibilities that counselor can issue the visa. i looked at poverty guideline and it say's that if house hold income is 36,000.00 then 6 family members can be supported. but in my case we are 5 members. also would like to know what is exactly joint sponsor and what form need to be filled out. please help me

• 1 month later...

Hi!

We have a joint sponsor which has 7 in Household including me ... His total income in 2009 is insufficient to complete what is required. I want to know if my husband's income would be counted to reach the requirement?

Wedding---- Feb 6/2010

NOA 1----- April 8/10

Change of addres online

Sept 1/2010

Touched---- Sept 8/2010

Touched---- Sept 10/2010

Touched----Sept 11/2010 (OMG what are they doing?!)

Touched----Sept 13/2010

NOA2--------Sept 13/2010

NVC case generated Sept 27/2010

Sent choice of a.----Oct 05/2010

AOS fee and choice o.a. generated-----Oct 8/2010

Pay Aos fee ----------Oct 14/2010

Paid at NVC portal-----Oct15/2010

IV fee generated--------Oct 16/2010

Choice of agent accepted--Oct 16/2010

Thanks god for everiything!!

What is your co-sponsor's current income? That's what they will look at and compare to the 125% of the poverty guidelines.

Hi!

We have a joint sponsor which has 7 in Household including me ... His total income in 2009 is insufficient to complete what is required. I want to know if my husband's income would be counted to reach the requirement?

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

marriedtomrg,

His current income is 37,581 his household including is 7, It´s insuffisient,compare to the 125% of the poverty guidelines (41,587)

But we found another co Sponsor , and his income is 69,000 his household including is 7, but he has been collecting for the last 5 months. What do you guys think? It´ matter, that he is collecting?

Wedding---- Feb 6/2010

NOA 1----- April 8/10

Change of addres online

Sept 1/2010

Touched---- Sept 8/2010

Touched---- Sept 10/2010

Touched----Sept 11/2010 (OMG what are they doing?!)

Touched----Sept 13/2010

NOA2--------Sept 13/2010

NVC case generated Sept 27/2010

Sent choice of a.----Oct 05/2010

AOS fee and choice o.a. generated-----Oct 8/2010

Pay Aos fee ----------Oct 14/2010

Paid at NVC portal-----Oct15/2010

IV fee generated--------Oct 16/2010

Choice of agent accepted--Oct 16/2010

Thanks god for everiything!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.