jfarinha

k-1 visa left after arriving in usa with another man

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

what are my options, after arriving in the usa, she left with another man. I found emails on my computer detailing all the information. she conspired with another russian woman that is in the process of getting her green card on how to do all this. the woman used me for money, I spent money for the visa application, 4 visits to russia, sent her 750 for the exam, and 750 traveling money, I feel so used, is there anything, I can do, she just got here last week. She had been planning this for weeks with another russian, are there any happy stories. I have been waiting for months for the visa. I guess its better to find out now, than before marrying?

any help would be appreciated, what can I do? I have emails detailing the plan, she left the email open, when she left. She is from Perm russia, interviewed in moscow.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

look all the way down at the bottom of this page -

there is a contact # for ICE - Immigration Customs Enforcement.

Call them - they will guide you on what to do.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is she on a K visa? if she is, she's pretty much screwed...

she cannot adjust status except with her K-visa petitioner (you, that is) and its valid for only 3 months, single entry, no employment permitted. So even if the other man is a USC, he cannot sponsor her. And if she is to go back to Russia and get petitioned by her "new man", it'll be very difficult for her to get approved for a new K1/IR due to her present situation.

Like Darnell said, call ICE and CBP. Its sad that people like her are the reason why USCIS make it harder for other honest couples.

**EDIT**

I see you said "before the marriage". Not yet married = no AOS = still on K1 visa.

Edited by Okalian

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

also - suggest you forward the emails to your email account, before she changes the password.

This 'evidence' can be used with ICE, should they ask for it.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

she prolly has fake papers by now, like her boyfriend, who jumped ship on a tourist visa or something like that. fake papers are good enuf to get by on until the fingerprinting for some other crime, and cost about $4000.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Call ICE

change the locks

call ICE

Laugh as you remind yourself she cannot adjust status and get her green card without returning to Russia.

Call ICE again

Remind yourself how lucky you are you found out before you married her.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The money you provided is, of course, a write-off. You'll never see it again. Just let it go. But you can take some comfort in knowing that she played this game very stupidly, and has completely hosed herself out of ever being able to get legal papers here.

Most scammers in her position get married, file AOS, and get at least their 2 year GC before taking off and filing for divorce and/or claiming abuse. This nets them (probably) some alimony, and more importantly, the ability to file for Removal of Conditions on their own.

Being unmarried, she can't even adjust status. That visa of hers is now even more useless than a tourist visa. A tourist visa holder who overstays may eventually be able to adjust status if they can talk a USC into marrying them. She will never be able to AOS, and I suspect she doesn't know this :) I would recommend against going out of your way to point this out to her. Justice would be well served if she made herself visible to USCIS and ICE by attempting to AOS a couple of years down the road :)

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

arriving on a "K" visa,....she can only adjust status to YOU...not to anyone else...she has 3 months or = 90 days to get married and adjust her status.

She can not leave you, find someone else, marry them and adjust status due to the type of K visa that she entered on....thats why congress passed this law on the K visa, to weed out particular people like her.

She would have to leave the U.S. before her 90 days are up in order for her to marry another U.S.C......but then again, going through the same process, she would get heavily scrutinized,...

So im in agreeance with everyone else....she pretty much screwed herself PERMANENTLY

gather the evidence, make a file on it,....send it to ICE, and the rest is up to them, and you probably wont ever hear from ICE ever again,....they'll do their thing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
what are my options, after arriving in the usa, she left with another man. I found emails on my computer detailing all the information. she conspired with another russian woman that is in the process of getting her green card on how to do all this. the woman used me for money, I spent money for the visa application, 4 visits to russia, sent her 750 for the exam, and 750 traveling money, I feel so used, is there anything, I can do, she just got here last week. She had been planning this for weeks with another russian, are there any happy stories. I have been waiting for months for the visa. I guess its better to find out now, than before marrying?

any help would be appreciated, what can I do? I have emails detailing the plan, she left the email open, when she left. She is from Perm russia, interviewed in moscow.

When you say "Is there anything I can do?", what precisely do you want to do?

Do you want to get your money back? Forget it. That's not going to happen.

Do you want to get her deported? For now, there isn't anything you can do about that. She's got an I-94 that's valid for 3 months. Until it expires, she's not in the US illegally, and she's not required to do anything. You could report her to ICE now, but it's not likely they'll do anything until her I-94 expires. Technically, the evidence you've got is proof of visa fraud, but the enforcement machine moves so slowly that her I-94 will probably be expired before they do anything. Even if they do act based on the evidence, she'd get her day in court to defend the visa fraud charges before they ordered her deported. The net effect is that it would take a lot longer to get her removed for visa fraud than it would to simply deport her for overstaying the I-94. You should submit your evidence anyway, since it may help stop her from getting away with this stunt with another US citizen.

Whoever was giving her advice, they screwed up. She cut all of her chances of staying legally in the US without at least getting married first.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

As hard as it is to see this, consider yourself lucky that she left now and you didn't get married. As the other members said, kiss your monetary loses good bye and call ICE right away. She can't adjust her status without you so if she decides to come back to you, make sure you show her the door. Don't even think about her anymore, put this behind and move on.

As a separate note, something I never understood is why USC's send money to a person that's not a part of their family without some sort of a promissory note that the other person has to sign? She is not your wife until she is your wife. Realistically speaking you are dealing with strangers. Sure they make a promise to you but just about anyone can do that. Still I see people taking these kind of chases over and over and over again. Perhaps people should consider covering your back a little bit on sums that exceed $100. If you wouldn't borrow(give) those money to me because I am a stranger and you don't trust me, what makes a "fiance"(someone who promises something) less of a stranger? Especially a fiance from overseas...Anyway, good luck to you. Try not to look back but start over your life with someone else.

Edited by ziia

New Citizen of the United States and Proud of it!

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Also....

NEVER be alone with her even for a few minutes. Always have a witness to protect yourself from any possible claims of abuse.

NEVER trust a single word she says.

VAWA would allow her to adjust status if she was able to piece together a claims of physical, mental or sexual abuse against you.

As a separate note, something I never understood is why USC's send money to a person that's not a part of their family without some sort of a promissory note that the other person has to sign? She is not your wife until she is your wife. Realistically speaking you are dealing with strangers. Sure they make a promise to you but just about anyone can do that. Still I see people taking these kind of chases over and over and over again. Perhaps people should consider covering your back a little bit on sums that exceed $100. If you wouldn't borrow(give) those money to me because I am a stranger and you don't trust me, what makes a "fiance"(someone who promises something) less of a stranger? Especially a fiance from overseas...Anyway, good luck to you. Try not to look back but start over your life with someone else.

I don't know about that...I think it depends on how well you know the person. However, if you're in the process of getting married to them, is there a difference? I mean it's not like they magically turn into a loving, dependable spouse once you get married. Shouldn't you be able to trust them before you get married?

I mean, when my David came over a few weeks ago and we went shopping for wedding decorations, we realized it was a moot point on who was going to pay because our incomes are rapidly becoming each other's incomes; we've even started budgeting together. I put up for all that money and then he bought my next plane ticket to visit him in a couple of months.

jfarinha, I'm so sorry this happened to you and I wish you much luck in the future in finding the love of your life. You can do it! Please do NOT marry this girl unless you are absolutely 100% sure she is not scamming you. Karma's a ######.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Also....

NEVER be alone with her even for a few minutes. Always have a witness to protect yourself from any possible claims of abuse.

NEVER trust a single word she says.

VAWA would allow her to adjust status if she was able to piece together a claims of physical, mental or sexual abuse against you.

VAWA provides for an abused spouse to self-petition for adjustment of status. They didn't get married, so she's not eligible.

As a separate note, something I never understood is why USC's send money to a person that's not a part of their family without some sort of a promissory note that the other person has to sign?

You'd only ask for a promissory note if you expected to be paid back. When the money is a gift, then there should be no strings attached. Sure, you'd feel like you got screwed if you thought you were giving the gift to your future wife, but you'd feel the same way if that future wife was an American living down the street.

By the same token, there is a very popular scam in some FSU countries that involves a girl (sometimes it's a man masquerading as a girl) who connects with some foreigner online (often an American). Once they get the guy's interest, often with some sexy pics and "I love you" stories, they start sending out sympathy stories about sick mothers or brothers in jail, and beg for money to get their lives in order, with the promise that they will eventually be marrying the sucker they've hooked. Sometimes, they'll even meet with the guy if he offers to come to their country. In those particular scams, they rarely follow through with any visa plans, or at least never get on the plane. They've usually got several guys at a time on the hook, and they're making a good living with their scam.

Obviously, this isn't what happened to the OP. She was "in it" for the visa, and not the money. Otherwise, she'd have milked him for a lot more than $750.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.