LvivLovers

Would it be possible?

107 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
This would be the one conversation that is killing me... I haven't shot a pistol in over 10 years and now thinking about those "glory years" and just now checking out some deals online... damn.

I think I should go buy a pie!

Check out a Rock Island Tactical.

Works every time and a nice price.

I'll take piks of mine decked out in Novak sights and Crimson Trace laser grips. Very accurate!

I still have this. ;)

browning_a5_l32a1.jpg

OK, she likes your Humpback!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
:

The Army's changed their doctrine quite a bit from precision marksmanship at distance to rapid deployment of rounds downrange - suppressive fire - even from the individual soldier. They're finding that to work OK in places like downtown Ramadi, but in places like the Khyber Pass... not so much. We're seeing a redeployment of M-14s and some units are starting to issue 1911s again and sometimes Sigs. The Marines have been using Kimbers for quite a while. Individual soldiers have even purchased their own 1911s and of course, Spec Ops was smart enough to never switch at all.

I'd never want to be on the receiving end of any round, let alone a .45.

"Why do you carry a .45?" "Because they don't make a .46."

Here's a nice article about what Slim was mentioning about:

Small Arms in Afghanistan

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Check out a Rock Island Tactical.

Works every time and a nice price.

I'll take piks of mine decked out in Novak sights and Crimson Trace laser grips. Very accurate!

OK, she likes your Humpback!

Unless I can see the other side, I can't tell if that is a Remington M11 or the Browning A5 (Remington has no magazine cutoff)

But it is a great gun. I have an old (1905) 16 ga. with 2-9/16" chamber. I bought it some years ago for $50!!!!!!!!!!! At a gun show because the guy said there is "something wrong with it" Hmmm. What? "It jams on every shot" Hmmmm. I noticed the "push forward" safety in the trigger guard (very old style) and knew what it was. I reload ammo and slide a shell into a piece of 3/4" copper pipe of exactly 2-9/16" length and trim off the shell, Adjust the wad column a little and crank them out on a MEC 600 Jr. The gun works perfectly. I also have a more modern (Japanese) "light 12" I occasionally give a workout to on the skeet field. there is just something about that double shuffle, push me-pull you recoil you gotta love. Plus the damn thing locks up like a bank vault. Quality you can trust.

I still have this. ;)

browning_a5_l32a1.jpg

Keepin' the neighborhood safe for puny pistols!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It's an A5. Passed down from dear old grand dad. I also have his M1903.

Hmm... I bet they would make a nice down payment on a certain something... damn you guys!

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Here's a nice article about what Slim was mentioning about:

Small Arms in Afghanistan

That was the exact article I was mentioning. Spot-on, Phil! :thumbs:

Thoughts, comments on said article? (Now we're opening up a whole new debate!)

It's an A5. Passed down from dear old grand dad. I also have his M1903.

Hmm... I bet they would make a nice down payment on a certain something... damn you guys!

My stepdad has an A-5 that he let me shoot a few times. Classic shotgun. Timeless. It's not too hard to imagine your grandkids shooting it, is it? "This belonged to your great-great-great grandad."

That Springfield will probably be right there along with it. Keep 'em forever and pass 'em on to your kids/grandkids when they're ready. A timeless tradition. America, F'K YEAH!

As for the down payment on something, wait til your girl gets here and then go shopping together! I suggest his and hers matching rifles instead of rings. Rings are way over-rated anyway.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
That was the exact article I was mentioning. Spot-on, Phil! :thumbs:

Thoughts, comments on said article? (Now we're opening up a whole new debate!)

My stepdad has an A-5 that he let me shoot a few times. Classic shotgun. Timeless. It's not too hard to imagine your grandkids shooting it, is it? "This belonged to your great-great-great grandad."

That Springfield will probably be right there along with it. Keep 'em forever and pass 'em on to your kids/grandkids when they're ready. A timeless tradition. America, F'K YEAH!

As for the down payment on something, wait til your girl gets here and then go shopping together! I suggest his and hers matching rifles instead of rings. Rings are way over-rated anyway.

So are you making grandkids to shoot your father's guns now or still slacking off?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I was never into guns a whole lot (hope I haven't just had my RUB membership revoked!), but my brothers were both big collectors. One of them had a SPAS 12? The other one had all sorts of assault rifles (before the all the ban hoopla) and handguns. He also had something like a semi-automatic shotgun with a big round drum on it...I forget what it's called but I'm sure you guys probably know! lol I remember he also had this hand crank he could mount on the trigger of any gun so that you crank it a couple times around and fire about30 shots in a second...that was some fun stuff! haha

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

I was never into guns a whole lot (hope I haven't just had my RUB membership revoked!), but my brothers were both big collectors. One of them had a SPAS 12? The other one had all sorts of assault rifles (before the all the ban hoopla) and handguns. He also had something like a semi-automatic shotgun with a big round drum on it...I forget what it's called but I'm sure you guys probably know! lol I remember he also had this hand crank he could mount on the trigger of any gun so that you crank it a couple times around and fire about30 shots in a second...that was some fun stuff! haha

Fanfiring is always a fun way to check out a new gun, or a new kind of gun. I really just shoot to keep myself familiar with the weapons I have for home defense mostly. Never was a gun-nut either.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

So are you making grandkids to shoot your father's guns now or still slacking off?

No way. Those things are so expensive, there's no way I could afford any guns.

You don't have to be into guns to understand that the 2nd Amendment is a Right. As long as you understand that, I could care less if you even own a gun. So, no, RUB membership not revoked. What I don't like is when folks come in here talking about "you guys are all little boys who're scared someone's gonna take your toys away and can't play well with others so you had to go shopping for a wife." Those are the same folks who are going to have the bad guys pause while they dial 911 and then wait for some little boy to come protect them.

SPAS-12 is super cool! So are any other shotguns that can crank out some serious lead. For the record, I'm a big fan of shotguns - probably even more so than rifles or pistols.

The thing about shooting so fast now is ammo is getting pretty expensive, even for shotguns and even for .22LR. You used to be able to shoot all day and not have to take out a second mortgage. Now, if you want to shoot high round counts, you have to cancel vacation, work OT, trade in your kids.... it's rough! The post-Obama election scare drove ammo prices almost as high as gas prices but the good news is it's starting to level off again.

I'm looking forward to the days of dumping mag after mag and not having to worry about paying the rent.

Fanfiring is always a fun way to check out a new gun, or a new kind of gun. I really just shoot to keep myself familiar with the weapons I have for home defense mostly. Never was a gun-nut either.

You could probably place me in the gun-nut category but I lack the cash necessary to take it to the extreme some folks do. I dedicate a good part of my household income to defense spending, but I wouldn't even be a blip on the radar of some folks.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
The thing about shooting so fast now is ammo is getting pretty expensive, even for shotguns and even for .22LR. You used to be able to shoot all day and not have to take out a second mortgage.

Yeah...that's the way it was last time I went to the range with my brothers (quite a few years ago). We didn't think anything about the cost of ammo and shot for several hours (and that's with that crank spitting out 30 rounds a second!). I need to go find out what all we were shooting back then...I remember some with some serious kick (like those Youtube videos with arab dudes that are always test firing those massive guns!) Ah...good old days.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Timeline
Back in the day, my dad and I would go down to my uncle's ranch hunting prarie dogs with .22 long rifles. Cost us (well, him) a penny a round back then.

Before Visa Veteran ran from that other thread you said you were gonna braid my hair...just fair warning. Bring your microscope and tweezers.

Gary And Alla

Back in the day, my dad and I would go down to my uncle's ranch hunting prarie dogs with .22 long rifles. Cost us (well, him) a penny a round back then.

It's up to about .03 per round now. You can find it for about .02, but that's still more than double what it used to be.

I have memories of cranking out round after round on my old Marlin-60, refilling that tube with my Spee-D-Loader, and then cranking out round after round again. Like you said, shooting all day long for pennies was awesome. Not that .02 or .03 a round is going to break me now, but I sure wish it was only one penny per shot.

Русский форум член.

Timeline

FYI...We are "firearms enthusiasts" and/or "shootists". NOT "gun nuts".

Just a little politically correct lingo for everyone. Must be politically correct. "Gun Nut" is a racial slur. Slim is a firearm and ammunition challenged firearms enthusiast. He is to be pitied. I think the government should subsidize his habit and provide him with government .22 ammunition which they buy from the big makers to give price support to the ammunition industry (Oops, sorry, Obama already does that)

This is my rifle, this my gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.