LvivLovers

I'll admit it

101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Can you guys carry in restaurants/bars in NH?

We're currently unable to anywhere alcohol is served although legislation has been introduced to change that.

I'm getting to the point where I'd rather stay armed (and the sobriety that comes with it) than kick back and enjoy a beer at a bar. When it's all said and done, I just feel better that way. - And it's cheaper!

You mean you don't have an armed posse that travels with you while you get your drink on? Not how I pictured you Slim...

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean you don't have an armed posse that travels with you while you get your drink on? Not how I pictured you Slim...

I think we have the same law in Kentucky about firearms in places that serve drinks. Seems almost un-Amuricun to me. I guess police get nervous about regular folks having a few too many and taking their problem outside (or not) with guns. Of course, drunk cops can do that any time.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline
I think we have the same law in Kentucky about firearms in places that serve drinks. Seems almost un-Amuricun to me. I guess police get nervous about regular folks having a few too many and taking their problem outside (or not) with guns. Of course, drunk cops can do that any time.

Kinda sorta Brad. In 1996 they did, but it changed in 1998 to include places that primarily ONLY serve alcohol. If they also serve food, you can take your gun there.

Kentucky and Indiana are the only states I know of that recognize ALL states concealed carry licenses...including recognizing my Vermont driver's license as a valid concealed carry license!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Not sure in NH. We can in Vermont.

Sorry for the mixup. Late posting. I get kind of lysdexic late at night.

I'm usually the armed posse.

Kinda sorta Brad. In 1996 they did, but it changed in 1998 to include places that primarily ONLY serve alcohol. If they also serve food, you can take your gun there.

Kentucky and Indiana are the only states I know of that recognize ALL states concealed carry licenses...including recognizing my Vermont driver's license as a valid concealed carry license!

I travel to both Indiana and Kentucky quite a bit. It's weird, but when I cross that river or see that big Hoosier sign, I feel just a little more sovereign.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Sorry for the mixup. Late posting. I get kind of lysdexic late at night.

I'm usually the armed posse.

I travel to both Indiana and Kentucky quite a bit. It's weird, but when I cross that river or see that big Hoosier sign, I feel just a little more sovereign.

I was working in Vincennes Indiana once, legally armed with my KY CCW and took a wrong turn heading back from lunch and went across a little bridge...into Illinois! It was like a cold war nightmare having suddenly found myself behind enemy lines. The mere act of driving across the bridge had converted me from "law abiding citizen" to "dangerous armed felon"

I quickly turned around and headed back to FREEDOM before the gestapo/KGB in Illinois saw me. Think about that in case you want to ponder the ridiculousness of fireamrs laws.

Gary And Alla

Odd, when I got my CCW license here there was a fair amount of discussion about this. I seem to remember the instructor saying that you shouldn't carry anyplace that serves the demon whiskey. But I had a CCW in Wisconsin too, and having done zero research up to this point, maybe I am getting them confused. As you see from my posts, beyond home defense and occasionally carrying on the road for work, I couldn't care less. I wouldn't pack heat into a bar anymore than a school or courthouse, all jokes aside.

Here is a good reciprocity website CCW reciprocity

I went to another site for a summary of places you can't carry here. I found the following:

Any police station or sheriff's office;

Any prison, jail, or detention facility;

Any courthouse containing only courtrooms or any court proceeding;

Any meeting of the General Assembly, a committee of the General Assembly, or of the governing body of a county, city, or special district;

Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion is devoted primarily to that purpose;

Any elementary or secondary school facility without the consent of the school authorities;

Any child-care facility, day care center or certified family child care home;

Any area of an airport where people and property are inspected;

Any place where federal law prohibits it.

So it looks like you and my instructor were both right. Most places here serve alcohol throughout, so you are safer just not to carry in there. Also, I recall him telling me that sometimes the police misinterpret the CCW laws too, and the fact that they are wrong won't help you much while they are taking the weapon away from you - or worse.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline
Odd, when I got my CCW license here there was a fair amount of discussion about this. I seem to remember the instructor saying that you shouldn't carry anyplace that serves the demon whiskey. But I had a CCW in Wisconsin too, and having done zero research up to this point, maybe I am getting them confused. As you see from my posts, beyond home defense and occasionally carrying on the road for work, I couldn't care less. I wouldn't pack heat into a bar anymore than a school or courthouse, all jokes aside.

Here is a good reciprocity website CCW reciprocity

I went to another site for a summary of places you can't carry here. I found the following:

Any police station or sheriff's office;

Any prison, jail, or detention facility;

Any courthouse containing only courtrooms or any court proceeding;

Any meeting of the General Assembly, a committee of the General Assembly, or of the governing body of a county, city, or special district;

Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion is devoted primarily to that purpose;

Any elementary or secondary school facility without the consent of the school authorities;

Any child-care facility, day care center or certified family child care home;

Any area of an airport where people and property are inspected;

Any place where federal law prohibits it.

So it looks like you and my instructor were both right. Most places here serve alcohol throughout, so you are safer just not to carry in there. Also, I recall him telling me that sometimes the police misinterpret the CCW laws too, and the fact that they are wrong won't help you much while they are taking the weapon away from you - or worse.

Well, police do misinterpret laws, no doubt. Once they changed the law in Kentucky I started carrying in Restaraunts, even after they made alcohol legal in restaraunts where I lived (you know the Kentucky wierd, evil liquor laws). I didn't worry about it if was a food establishment that also served alcohol. I never went to places, or portions of places, that only served alcohol.

Vermont has no list of places you cannot carry. Federal law prohibits on federal property and schools. There is no state restriction at all, and no permit to revoke. But, unfortunatley, no permt to be reciprocal either. We have tried to get an optional permit here so people can have a permit to use in other states. Nothing doing, the legislature will not consider any kind of firearm regulation in Vermont. They are afraid the optional license will become mandatory and then become discrimanatory. A slippery slope!

It is their opinion all the other states should drop their permits also.

Gary And Alla

Timeline
I was working in Vincennes Indiana once, legally armed with my KY CCW and took a wrong turn heading back from lunch and went across a little bridge...into Illinois! It was like a cold war nightmare having suddenly found myself behind enemy lines. The mere act of driving across the bridge had converted me from "law abiding citizen" to "dangerous armed felon"

I quickly turned around and headed back to FREEDOM before the gestapo/KGB in Illinois saw me. Think about that in case you want to ponder the ridiculousness of fireamrs laws.

I went to MO about a month ago and legally carried in OH, IN.... then may have been a felon for about three hours while traveling through occupied territory.... and was back to being a good, law-abiding citizen again for the rest of my trip in MO.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
I went to MO about a month ago and legally carried in OH, IN.... then may have been a felon for about three hours while traveling through occupied territory.... and was back to being a good, law-abiding citizen again for the rest of my trip in MO.

Yes, you were. Illionois made it a felony to carry a concealed weapon a few years ago. Had been a misdemeanor. But then they figured out that if they charged you with a felony and even f the plea bargained the charge to probation (they really had no plan to put these people in prison for a year+) they could take away your right to own firearms

I predict some changes coming in Illinois in the next few years after the McDonald ruling later this year.

Gary And Alla

I used to shoot at an indoor range in the next state over. I can't remember if it was Virginia while living in Tennessee or North Carolina while living in South Carolina, as I move around a bit. Anyway, the state I was drving to required the gun to be in plain sight, and the state I was coming from required it to be concealed. It felt strange throwing the gun up on the dash when I crossed the state line. Also weird knowing that if I left it there on the way back there would be a problem.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Gotta love the "common sense" gun legislation.

Русский форум член.

• 1 month later...

Eureka! My wife actually seems to want to look at some cute ladyguns. For protection, not as a fashion accessory. Suggestions?

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Timeline

If she has no firearm experience, you can't go wrong with a little 22 revolver. Once she gets used to that, you could move up to a higher caliber if she wanted to.

Once she's ready to move up to a 38, this is a really popular revolver for the ladies. My LGS can't keep them in stock:

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=106754

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey all. At Captain Martyshk's suggestion I'm slowly graduating from the "December Filers" forum to this. Looks like a tough group. Be gentle!

I had to laugh at the "speak 'mer'can" comments. My production manager is from Southampton, England and married to a Yank. Sometimes when he gets going in his accent I just stop him and say, 'dammit Mark, could you please just speak English?!'

~Casper

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.