kaylamarie

Case Specific Information Requests

64 posts in this topic

I received a text and e-mail from USCIS in Vermont. It reads, in part:

"Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On November 12, 2009, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location."

Excellent. As it was merely a box I forgot to check, maybe they'll be done quite quickly. Sadly, from the trends on this site it looks like I might have at least a month to go until NOA2. Hopefully not, though.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"the beneficiary was from Viet Nam, she was born in 1954 there was no birth certificate. The CO asked me about this and I looked at the file. I said "Do you know what was going on in Viet Nam in 1954?" She looked at me, straight faced and said "What, their computers were down?"

ROFL this shows the US government workers' ability

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello,

I have two questions regarding the G-325A please.

Applicant's residents... I was abroad on vacation for 8 months last year, do I write this, so as not to leave a gap?

Applicant's employment... For the past 3 years I've been self employed, doing freelance or contract work. Is it okay just to put self employed and no other details?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello,

I have two questions regarding the G-325A please.

Applicant's residents... I was abroad on vacation for 8 months last year, do I write this, so as not to leave a gap?

Applicant's employment... For the past 3 years I've been self employed, doing freelance or contract work. Is it okay just to put self employed and no other details?

Thanks!

If you did not have a residence abroad it is not necessary to list vacations. List "self employed ....." whatever it is you do for self employment

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I love the part about the embassy in Kiev being easy - "they approve everyone"

That makes me feel really great))))

Great interview

05-21-2009 filed I-129F (check was not cashed for quite some time)

08-21-2009 contacted Senator's Office

09-01-2009 Petition received, NOA1 sent (finally)

10-09-2009 Petition approved, NOA2 sent

10-16-2009 NVC received

10-26-2009 NVC sent back to USCIS((( their reason: a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you

No RFE has been sent or received, no updates given, all trails end with recording or operator/officer who says must wait 180 days

1-26-2010 this will be the 90 day mark of the "review", I was told I can call back and issue a formal complaint if the case has not been touched by this date.

Still, we keep hope alive - I love her so much for staying strong.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Also, a quick question - maybe I missed it...do you have a link to that memo about the signature on the G-325s?

05-21-2009 filed I-129F (check was not cashed for quite some time)

08-21-2009 contacted Senator's Office

09-01-2009 Petition received, NOA1 sent (finally)

10-09-2009 Petition approved, NOA2 sent

10-16-2009 NVC received

10-26-2009 NVC sent back to USCIS((( their reason: a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you

No RFE has been sent or received, no updates given, all trails end with recording or operator/officer who says must wait 180 days

1-26-2010 this will be the 90 day mark of the "review", I was told I can call back and issue a formal complaint if the case has not been touched by this date.

Still, we keep hope alive - I love her so much for staying strong.

Timeline
I love the part about the embassy in Kiev being easy - "they approve everyone"

That makes me feel really great))))

Great interview

Take that with a grain of salt. It was said in Alla's presence as a bit of good natured dig, but yes, Kiev is relatively easy to deal with, BUT they are sticklers for documents being complete and in order. That memo has been posted around here many times, you may be able to search a forum and get it. I have it in my computer and can send it as an attachment to an email but do not know how to add it here.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

Hello, I hope this is where Im suppose to be. heres alittle info. I met my guy on the net and we chatted for a year and both decided it was time to meet. We are so much alike about alot in life and I grew to love this man so deeply. I went to Morocco in October for 12 days. it was a dream come true, to say the very least. We are going through the K-1 and I have a copy that he filled out and I have one for me filed out.(G-325A) I also have so meny msn convos and e-mails. I have alot of pics from the trip with all my boarding passes. I have filed out the 1-129 and wrote our story. I jave asked some friends and family to write letters,,just being honest about their oppions on our relationship. now, I think we have a problem with the phone calls, I always bought the cards from the corner store that do not keep records (sniffles) and he do not have any cards at all. I still have so meny of the crads left. can I send them in? this is the only thing that might delay things. Do I need to send 4 or 1 copy of the G-325A. and I know that we have to send in 2 passport size photo of each of us. on the 30th of Nov/09 i will have the 455.00 for the G-325A and hopefully ready to send it in. WHEW!!!! was that enough info,,Am I forgetting something? please can someone tell me everything I need to send in the packet..Im sorry, Im just so nervous and scared and excited and happy,,and, and, and.lol thanks for listening. khadija (F)

Timeline
Hello, I hope this is where Im suppose to be. heres alittle info. I met my guy on the net and we chatted for a year and both decided it was time to meet. We are so much alike about alot in life and I grew to love this man so deeply. I went to Morocco in October for 12 days. it was a dream come true, to say the very least. We are going through the K-1 and I have a copy that he filled out and I have one for me filed out.(G-325A) I also have so meny msn convos and e-mails. I have alot of pics from the trip with all my boarding passes. I have filed out the 1-129 and wrote our story. I jave asked some friends and family to write letters,,just being honest about their oppions on our relationship. now, I think we have a problem with the phone calls, I always bought the cards from the corner store that do not keep records (sniffles) and he do not have any cards at all. I still have so meny of the crads left. can I send them in? this is the only thing that might delay things. Do I need to send 4 or 1 copy of the G-325A. and I know that we have to send in 2 passport size photo of each of us. on the 30th of Nov/09 i will have the 455.00 for the G-325A and hopefully ready to send it in. WHEW!!!! was that enough info,,Am I forgetting something? please can someone tell me everything I need to send in the packet..Im sorry, Im just so nervous and scared and excited and happy,,and, and, and.lol thanks for listening. khadija (F)

Well, this is really not the right place, you should post in the K-1 forum. That said, what you have is fine for the petition, you will need more the interview so keep saving all that stuff. Try "PennyBoss.com" for phone cards. We use the "continental card" for our calls to family and friends in Ukraine and Russia and it has great rates, can be refilled online and gives a complete call detail which can be printed. There are many cards available at that site. Plus you enter your phone number as a "listed" phone (or any phone you want) and you can call with "PIN-less" dialing.

Gary And Alla

Finally! NOA2!

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

:lol:

Really now - don't make Gary go ask his friend that question.

I've seen evidence to the contrary so I retract that request.

My fiancée told about being married twice (to the same husband)

in the interview but gave no documentation of the first marriage/divorce.

It never occurred to either of us to present the papers of their first marriage & divorce

and it was no problem at the interview.

I suppose it would have been required if the first marriage was to another.

All records of changes of name & house registration were however presented.

I front-loaded the application and we got the visa in record time.

Nothing was falsified and no lies were told.

The wording in the instructions is somewhat ambiguous so they could clean that up.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hello,

We sent the K1 petition on 11-16-2009 and we haven't received anything yet! Not even the Notice of Receipt !! Since its been almost a month (4 weeks exactly) I wanted to call to USCIS but I couldn't talk to anyone before I entered my Receipt number. But I don't have any!

I did track the shipment of my K1 package and they did receive it on 11-16-2009 but why dont' they send me the Receipt # ? Looking at other peoples stories it normally takes a few days to get the reply from USCIS.

I am wondering now.. I did apply for I-130 about 3-4 years ago via my sister who is US citizen. I have a receipt # for that case, and a couple of days after I sent out our K1 petition, i did receive an email saying that my I-130 case has been transferred to another office. I hope this I-130 doesn't mix up with my K1 application or make the process slower !!

K1

11-16-2009 129F (K1) sent to USCIS

12-16-2009 Called USCIS and got the Receipt number (Never received NOA1 by mail)

04-12-2010 Received a text message from USCIS telling we're approved

04-15-2010 NOA2 received!

04-23-2010 NVC informed our petition has been sent to US Embassy in Finland

04-28-2010 Package 3 received

05-07-2010 Check list sent to US Embassy (had to wait for some docs from my fiancé.. men!!)

05-11-2010 Email rec'd from US Embassy telling my interview will be on 05-26-2010.

05-26-2010 Interview at the US Embassy in Helsinki!!

05-28-2010 K1 visa arrived by mail!

06-24-2010 Arrived in US with K1 visa

07-08-2010 Visited SS office to apply for a Social Security Card (no problems)

07-13-2010 SS card arrived by mail

08-21-2010 our wedding!

AOS

08-31-2010 AOS 1-485 (AOS, EAD & AP) sent out

09-15-2010 USCIS sent a text msg that they got my applications

09-17-2010 NOA (for AOS, EAD & AP) received by mail

09-21-2010 My K1 expired (now between statuses)

10-21-2010 Biometrics

11-09-2010 Letter from USCIS: invitation to interview on Dec. 6

11-16-2020 USCIS website states: Work Permit in production

11-22-2010 Work permit arrived in mail !!

12-06-2010 USCIS interview (USCIS lost my invitation paper while we were in the waiting room – delay 3hr) Approved.

12-11-2010 Advanced parole/travel document arrived by mail

01-06-2011 USCIS website states: Green card document in production

01-18-2011 Green Card arrived by mail !! (approval date is 01-06-2011 although the interviewer told he will approve it the same day – which was 12-06-2010)

Dear All,

My H1B visa is expiring in Oct and my petition has expired in April.

My company has already filed for an extension back in March first week and currently USCIS is processing H1B extensions upto Feb 15th.

Can I travel to India between July and August on my un-expired visa if I do not receive the extension petition before I leave?

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Your timeline looks like mine. I129F sent express mail Oct 1 to CSC, receipt Oct 2, NOA1 October 5. Now waiting. My fiance is Brazilian female. It seems like it can take as long as 5 months for NOA2, but I've seen some that only took 3 months or even less. Any ideas of the actual time if there are no problems?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

HELLO

I AM FROM GHANA WEST AFRICA , AND MY GIRLFRIEND LIVE AT SATE

SHE WANT ME TO COME AND LEAVE WITH HER SO THAT WE CAN GET MARRIED

BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR ME TO GET VISA CAN ANY BODY HELP ME OUT?

SHE WAS ASKING ME THE PROCESS THAT WE WILL PASS THROUGH BEFORE THE VISA CAN BE GIVEN TO ME

THANKS

ROMEO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.