Nwanyioma

VJ members(USC and Beneficiaries) vs Lagos Consulate

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Gowon did you figure out what made the CO think your relationship wasnt bona fide

Nope, got all sorts of ideas but still just guess work. I wished the CO would have chosen not to be lazy and do actual work and state a specific reason and give us an opportunity to submit additional evidence.

I am actually at peace now with the whole deal. I just pray that the CO does not meet someone like herself when she needs assistance and who refuses to go the extra distance on her job. These are real people with real life that they're are impacting, not just a petition number or case file.

I console myself with the letter from Mr. Powell to the Embassies. On his watch they identified those same issues and sent that now famous letter out (in my sigline). Unfortunately under Mrs. Clintons watch they choose not to go by the letter of the law. That's on them.

I've alerted my CongressMan and Senators and I will leave it at that. I will proceed onwards and upwards and I won't let this eat me up.

Gowon can be added to the list of collateral damage of Lagos Embassy. I will go home in the next few weeks and have a face to face conversation with my Fiancee. If she wants to get married we will do that but ultimately she has to decide if she ever wants to step foot in that Embassy ever again. I am at the age that I need to start looking at retirement choices anyways so who knows.

Good luck to all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I agree with the member who said "It's important to target the right person(s) with the concerns... in which case I'm also on board." I'll just throw out my idea. Maybe those who feel that Lagos violated the instructions in the memo when making a decision at the interview should write a letter saying they are among many that are concerned about the way the CO's are blatantly ignoring the insructions they are given and abusing their power. Give them your names, interview date, and case number. Refrain from rambling on and on about your case and stick to the point by quoting specific points in the memo that were violated in your case and how they were violated. Send copies of that letter to U.S. Ambassador Robin Renée Sanders, Richard Walsh the Consular Chief at Lagos, your senator and congressman, DOS, and USCIS. Let them know copies went to all these different people. (Anyone else?)Tell them you are filing a complaint. Maybe mention you are considering joining the NEW class action suit. It's important that more than one or two of you do it. And file a complaint. Maybe if they are bombarded with complaints they will look into it. Any other ideas?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Lagos is not an issues of the failure of USCIS to review the petition properly , it is at the consulte level that they decide to overstep their charter and readjuacate the petition. For those of us that have gone through a second time and are reunited it still is a shame that we were denied a year together that we can never regain and that we had to repay all those fees. As a wronged group we can join together to seek change.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

I agree with you. And I know the problem is at the consulate level but I'm thinking the more people that hear about it, the better.

I agree with the member who said "It's important to target the right person(s) with the concerns... in which case I'm also on board." I'll just throw out my idea. Maybe those who feel that Lagos violated the instructions in the memo when making a decision at the interview should write a letter saying they are among many that are concerned about the way the CO's are blatantly ignoring the insructions they are given and abusing their power. Give them your names, interview date, and case number. Refrain from rambling on and on about your case and stick to the point by quoting specific points in the memo that were violated in your case and how they were violated. Send copies of that letter to U.S. Ambassador Robin Renée Sanders, Richard Walsh the Consular Chief at Lagos, your senator and congressman, DOS, and USCIS. Let them know copies went to all these different people. (Anyone else?)Tell them you are filing a complaint. Maybe mention you are considering joining the NEW class action suit. It's important that more than one or two of you do it. And file a complaint. Maybe if they are bombarded with complaints they will look into it. Any other ideas?

I'm actually doing this but I know it won't help my case personally so onto plan B and I already purchased my ticket.

Timeline

I assume you are going there to get married. If so, please let us know all the steps you had to go through. I read them but it was confusing, especially about having to provide juice or wine and stuff. And the 21 day waiting period was also confusing. Congrats, safe travels, and best wishes!

I assume you are going there to get married. If so, please let us know all the steps you had to go through. I read them but it was confusing, especially about having to provide juice or wine and stuff. And the 21 day waiting period was also confusing. Congrats, safe travels, and best wishes!

Yes, taking up the Embassy on their recommendation of filing for a Spousal visa, I will let you know what I find out about the marriage.

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.