Nwanyioma

VJ members(USC and Beneficiaries) vs Lagos Consulate

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello VJ Members,

I find it very disturbing that each time I come on this website, Im seeing more denials and 221g being issued at the Lagos Consulate which I think is becoming ridiculous :angry::angry::angry: . And to be honest its quite disheartening and very frustrating. Im really tempted to start some type of petition/complaint against the Lagos Consulate because all of this has got to stop. The reason why these CO's at the Lagos Consulate are playing "God" with our lives/future to be with our SO is because I dont think we (especially the USC petitioners) arent making any formal complaints. whicg they are using to their advantage to frustrate couples. Granted Lagos Consulate is famous for being known to be a "High Fraud Consulate" but dont you think that its insulting for our own American citizens to judge us and the ones we love "scammers"? Something needs to be done about this and fast.

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
7-27-2010 AOS package delivered
8-3-2010 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP (received hard copy NOA 1's in mailbox 8-7-2010)
8-6-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
8-9-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-15-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-16-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-22-2010 EAD card production ordered. Approved!!!!!
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-30-2010 EAD received in mail
10-4-2010 Received interview letter in the mail
11-9-2010 AOS interview 11:00am in Baltimore, Maryland
11-9-2010 Greencard approved!!

Filed: Timeline
Hello VJ Members,

I find it very disturbing that each time I come on this website, Im seeing more denials and 221g being issued at the Lagos Consulate which I think is becoming ridiculous :angry::angry::angry: . And to be honest its quite disheartening and very frustrating. Im really tempted to start some type of petition/complaint against the Lagos Consulate because all of this has got to stop. The reason why these CO's at the Lagos Consulate are playing "God" with our lives/future to be with our SO is because I dont think we (especially the USC petitioners) arent making any formal complaints. whicg they are using to their advantage to frustrate couples. Granted Lagos Consulate is famous for being known to be a "High Fraud Consulate" but dont you think that its insulting for our own American citizens to judge us and the ones we love "scammers"? Something needs to be done about this and fast.

I'm on board.

Out of frustration, I nearly contacted the White House yesterday to leave a comment about the Lagos Consulate. I thought about contacting the DHS but I feel we may have to tickle ears on a higher level because it appears the DHS is giving people the run around too.

In order to make sure everything is on the up and up in Lagos I feel this matter needs to be looked into and/or the motivations of the CO''s questioned for legitimacy.

Looking forward to a Happy New Year!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hello VJ Members,

I think you're right, it's disheartening and frustrating. I also think people are so afraid of this consulate that they'd be afraid to submit a complaint for fear it might effect their own petition badly. Am I right?

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Timeline

You are possibly seeing more denials because of the increasing number of complaints filed of fraud. About 40% of these VJ relationships end up in those categories.

Yes, I am sure it is frustrating, but imagine how frustrated the people are doing their job to find out that they have been defrauded. That they trusted the person they interviewed and sent them to America only to find out that they mentally abused, used, and abandoned their US wife. These people have a difficult job to do.

this is just going to be a fact that US petitioners have to accept when they petition someone from a high fraudulent country.

Again..I have not once seen a woman openly say. Wow he was denied...I wonder what they seen in him that I did not. Most do not know their bennie anymore then what they are told along with a brief visit. So consulate have to trust our oppinions which continue to be proven wrong.

Not to diminish the pain, frustration, and hurt you are feeling, but I continue to stand up for these people just trying to do their job. Difficult one at best.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

Not everyone jumped into bed with a stranger. Many people married or are engaged to someone we know well. Why should these people be punished for those that think with their lower parts. It is up to a person to vet their potential partner. There is no government agency that is responsible for that

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Timeline
You are possibly seeing more denials because of the increasing number of complaints filed of fraud. About 40% of these VJ relationships end up in those categories.

Yes, I am sure it is frustrating, but imagine how frustrated the people are doing their job to find out that they have been defrauded. That they trusted the person they interviewed and sent them to America only to find out that they mentally abused, used, and abandoned their US wife. These people have a difficult job to do.

this is just going to be a fact that US petitioners have to accept when they petition someone from a high fraudulent country.

Again..I have not once seen a woman openly say. Wow he was denied...I wonder what they seen in him that I did not. Most do not know their bennie anymore then what they are told along with a brief visit. So consulate have to trust our oppinions which continue to be proven wrong.

Not to diminish the pain, frustration, and hurt you are feeling, but I continue to stand up for these people just trying to do their job. Difficult one at best.

I dey hear your gist but no one said that all of the 221g's issued in Lagos are due to the bonafide marriage issue. Some of us are delayed for a piece of paper that they aren't even collecting or only taking a glance at once its presented.

I don't feel we are attacking the employees and if some of us want to question their practices we can. We have a right to determine whether people are being treated fairly at the Lagos consulate or if there is an abuse of power. Just because someone is doing their job doesn't mean they are being fair and impartial.

I for 1 am thankful they are doing their job but that doesn't change the fact that we have a right to marry the person of our choosing... even in the US we can marry a murderer, inmate, pedophile.. drug dealer... crackhead etc.. Its our choice and unless the person is a security risk or risk to society why deny us or delay our desire to wed.

This is not about the CO and their wish to be 100/100 on their approval success record and they need to accept the fact that they won't "get all the bad people". This is not a soap opera this is our lives, our families lives, and our kids lives and ultimately its OUR CHOICE how we decide who we wish to create a life with not the embassy. In addition, I'm not seeing the same level of denials or issuances of 221g's in other regional threads that are considered fraud risks.

USCIS asked for certain documents and if you provided what is required why is there a problem. As with any other US government agency that was created to SERVE its people you wait in line to submit what they've outlined and you get what you apply for... objectively. If they were really trying to protect us they would put additional roadblocks on permanent residency or the non-USC's ability to petition for another from their home countries not impeding our choice to START a family. Its the petitioners choice... whether they make a good or bad 1 as to the person's character. Bad marriage choices happen here too. Most of us our intelligent people. We have suffered a broken heart before and we don't need the embassy step-parenting our choice of a 'good spouse.'

Now, we are looking into how I could move there for a while to meet their subjective idea while we get started on our life. Because of paper addiction I feel I am being forced to suspend my career indefinitely and possibly ruin myself financially to marry someone that is not a threat to others. Obviously, it would have been easier for us to settle here but for us settling here was always an option to begin with, not a requirement.

All in all, the CO's are wrong when they delay applicants for nonsense reasons.

Looking forward to a Happy New Year!!!

Timeline

I find the mistreatment of applicants to be disheartening. I understand the potential fraud issue and the burden of proof issue, but I don't agree that abusing the applicants in the interview and delaying them indefinitely are effective or appropriate. Ironically, I found this article where the U.S. ambassador is quoted as saying "we continue to train our staff to maintain the highest levels of customer service."

Here's the article: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/prog_052820010.html.

Perhaps U.S. Ambassador Robin Renée Sanders is the correct person to address your concerns to.

The article lists Richard Walsh as the Consular Chief at Lagos. Maybe that's the starting point? It's important to target the right person(s) with the concerns... in which case I'm also on board.

Wife :angry:

NVC:

2009-09-11 - NVC received.

2009-12-17 - Case complete e-mail message, sign in failed on website and AVR... YAY!

2009-12-17 - Waiting for an appointment assignment...

2009-12-29 - Interview assigned: February 11, 2010!

2010-01-06 - Case forwarded to consulate.

Consulate:

2010-01-12 - Medical exam part 1 of 2 complete.

2010-01-26 - Medical exam part 2 of 2 complete. Ouchie!

2010-02-11 - Interview results: Administrative Processing 221(g) :-(

2010-04-27 - 2nd interview results: Approved :-)

2010-05-04 - Visa in hand!

2010-05-08 - POE

I dey hear your gist but no one said that all of the 221g's issued in Lagos are due to the bonafide marriage issue. Some of us are delayed for a piece of paper that they aren't even collecting or only taking a glance at once its presented.

I don't feel we are attacking the employees and if some of us want to question their practices we can. We have a right to determine whether people are being treated fairly at the Lagos consulate or if there is an abuse of power. Just because someone is doing their job doesn't mean they are being fair and impartial.

I for 1 am thankful they are doing their job but that doesn't change the fact that we have a right to marry the person of our choosing... even in the US we can marry a murderer, inmate, pedophile.. drug dealer... crackhead etc.. Its our choice and unless the person is a security risk or risk to society why deny us or delay our desire to wed.

This is not about the CO and their wish to be 100/100 on their approval success record and they need to accept the fact that they won't "get all the bad people". This is not a soap opera this is our lives, our families lives, and our kids lives and ultimately its OUR CHOICE how we decide who we wish to create a life with not the embassy. In addition, I'm not seeing the same level of denials or issuances of 221g's in other regional threads that are considered fraud risks.

USCIS asked for certain documents and if you provided what is required why is there a problem. As with any other US government agency that was created to SERVE its people you wait in line to submit what they've outlined and you get what you apply for... objectively. If they were really trying to protect us they would put additional roadblocks on permanent residency or the non-USC's ability to petition for another from their home countries not impeding our choice to START a family. Its the petitioners choice... whether they make a good or bad 1 as to the person's character. Bad marriage choices happen here too. Most of us our intelligent people. We have suffered a broken heart before and we don't need the embassy step-parenting our choice of a 'good spouse.'

Now, we are looking into how I could move there for a while to meet their subjective idea while we get started on our life. Because of paper addiction I feel I am being forced to suspend my career indefinitely and possibly ruin myself financially to marry someone that is not a threat to others. Obviously, it would have been easier for us to settle here but for us settling here was always an option to begin with, not a requirement.

All in all, the CO's are wrong when they delay applicants for nonsense reasons.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Im praying for u guys as well as the rest of us fighting for our lives and our right to live our lives as we see fit. Be blessed

https://youtu.be/rHQuMoJ3Xrk

Lifting Conditions

Date Filed : 2018-09-12
NOA Date : 2018-09-18

Timeline

Enlighten one,

You are very courageous for sharing your story for how your husband scammed you. With that being said let me ask you a question: If you were to be in our shoes (that is your husband is issued a 221g or is denied and he didnt scam you) will you have posted what you posted today? I strongly doubt that. I personally dont think that its up to the CO's to determine if your SO is a possible scammer.

Nwanyioma

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched

Enlighten one,

You are very courageous for sharing your story for how your husband scammed you. With that being said let me ask you a question: If you were to be in our shoes (that is your husband is issued a 221g or is denied and he didnt scam you) will you have posted what you posted today? I strongly doubt that. I personally dont think that its up to the CO's to determine if your SO is a possible scammer.

Nwanyioma

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

https://youtu.be/rHQuMoJ3Xrk

Lifting Conditions

Date Filed : 2018-09-12
NOA Date : 2018-09-18

Timeline

Nigeria has reacted to the airline events of the holidays by becoming harder on the family based visas. They ignore the fact that that person was not on a k1 or cr1. People have to take personal responsibility for who they are with and not look to a government agency to validate the relationship. The embassy should look that they don't let anyone dangerous into the country as far as a criminal history. People choose to marry basic strangers all the time and many suffer grave losses as a result. They have no one to blame other than themselves. Inflicting additional pain on couples is unnecessary. Some of the questions asked our significant others are totally out of line. If I was at a government office in the states and an employee asked if my being white caused my father in law to die , they would quickly be an ex employee.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

This popped up in my "recent topics" which is why I'm gunna respond.

I agree that it's unfair that the US government is the one that "decides" who we're allowed to be with, BUT I don't think it's fair to say that they should let it slide because they're the "gateway" to the US. Once they're in, they're in so it's a big risk on their shoulders if they let someone dodgy in. I know I personally would feel bad if I find out that I let someone through like in "Enlighted One's" case.

I think the best measure would be to alter the immigration laws. So rather than a denial in more ambiguous cases, they should simply put them on probation and make it harder to get LPR.

"Nwanyioma" said that Enlighted wouldn't have said what she did if her guy hadn't been a #### but the comment can equally be reversed. if you found out your situation ended up like hers you would be upset and pissed that you were used and abused for a greencard. For that reason it needs to be harder to get a greencard. It should be simple, if you don't remain with your spouse then leave the US. If you're naturalised then fine, stay if it doesn't work out, but make it 5 years to get naturalised. If you're an LPR and it ends in divorce, go home. If you're abused, go home. It's pretty simple. Maybe set a timeframe like MUST remain together for a minimum of 5 years. I don't know many people that can "fake" a relationship for 5 years.

I gave up a lot to come to the US but I would go home in a heartbeat if it turned out my husband abused me, or whatever. It's hard to express exactly what I think without writing a huge post but basically it's this:

- "flag" those relationships you're not 100% sure off

- deny the relationship you ARE sure are dodgy (proof of lies or whatever)

- in the flagged relationships make the AOS harder to obtain, or the ROC. Keep track of them. Visit randomly to inspect their residence.

This allows loved ones to be together but if it doesn't work out then the USC is protected and so is the US government.

Timeline
This popped up in my "recent topics" which is why I'm gunna respond.

I agree that it's unfair that the US government is the one that "decides" who we're allowed to be with, BUT I don't think it's fair to say that they should let it slide because they're the "gateway" to the US. Once they're in, they're in so it's a big risk on their shoulders if they let someone dodgy in. I know I personally would feel bad if I find out that I let someone through like in "Enlighted One's" case.

I think the best measure would be to alter the immigration laws. So rather than a denial in more ambiguous cases, they should simply put them on probation and make it harder to get LPR.

"Nwanyioma" said that Enlighted wouldn't have said what she did if her guy hadn't been a #### but the comment can equally be reversed. if you found out your situation ended up like hers you would be upset and pissed that you were used and abused for a greencard. For that reason it needs to be harder to get a greencard. It should be simple, if you don't remain with your spouse then leave the US. If you're naturalised then fine, stay if it doesn't work out, but make it 5 years to get naturalised. If you're an LPR and it ends in divorce, go home. If you're abused, go home. It's pretty simple. Maybe set a timeframe like MUST remain together for a minimum of 5 years. I don't know many people that can "fake" a relationship for 5 years.

I gave up a lot to come to the US but I would go home in a heartbeat if it turned out my husband abused me, or whatever. It's hard to express exactly what I think without writing a huge post but basically it's this:

- "flag" those relationships you're not 100% sure off

- deny the relationship you ARE sure are dodgy (proof of lies or whatever)

- in the flagged relationships make the AOS harder to obtain, or the ROC. Keep track of them. Visit randomly to inspect their residence.

This allows loved ones to be together but if it doesn't work out then the USC is protected and so is the US government.

Vanessa & Tony,

The quoations you placed before and after my name was unnecessary. You use those quoations to quote what I say/said. But thats FYI. In other words Im tired and tired of hearing the I got scammed stories. So because one person got scammed does that mean everyone has to pay for ones mistake? No absolutely not. Forget about scamming. Im talking about abuse of power. Its so easy for one to judge and look down towards others who have been denied or placed on AP and their not even in the same situation.How can you possibly see what we see or feel what we feel. Im not saying that they should give everyone that comes in for a visa, but be fair and not be rude and judgemental. People here in the states get scammed all the time. Being ripped off its a scam, being cheated on is a scam and you name it. How does that pertain to those trying to obtain a visa for their loved ones? We are all adults and its the responsibility of that adult to determine the validity of their relationship. If I found out I was "scammed" yeah it would hurt but I wouldnt be bitter about it, blame the Lagos Consulate and rain on someones parade like others on this website do because there SO scammed them. Its not me.Its not my style and Im sorry to say this:Its life!!!

AOS Timeline
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Not every nigerian is a potential scammer. Even if couples were to remain married for more than 5years and the foreign spouse decides to leave the marriage afterwards, the/she will still be labeled a scammer by the United States Spouse.

Scorned USC calling the embassy every minute does not help legitmate relationships. Its more like wanting other people to suffer for your loss (IMO). Pick up the pieces and move on with ur life. You learn from ur mistakes.

~~~The NVC Journey~~~

01-15-2010 : NVC Received and assigned case #

01-15-2010 : Gave NVC email addresses

01-21-2010 : Received DS-3032/AOS Bill

01-21-2010 : Pay AOS Bill

01-21-2010 : Emailed DS-3032

01-25-2010 : AOS fee shown as “Paid”

01-27-2010 : Return Completed AOS Package

01-28-2010 : AOS delivered and signed by N VISA

02-01-2010 : Receive Instruction Package for AOS

02-02-2010 : Receive IV Bill & Paid IV bill

02-04-2010 : NVC inputted AOS (confirmed through operator 02/05/10)

02-04-2010 : IV Bill shown as “Paid”

02-05-2010 : Return Completed IV package (DS-230)

02-10-2010 : PAckage received at NVC

02-16-2010 : LOGIN FAILED & Case Completed

xx-xx-xxxx : Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.