MtlMama

Waiting NINE WEEKS now (DCF Montreal, requested further proof domicile)

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Wow I really feel for everybody that has ended up waiting yet again for months just to get one or two documents reviewed. I'm a bit depressed though as well knowing that it could still be yet another couple months before my wife gets her visa, if ever. My wife gave notice before the interview as we assumed the interview was more or less a formality for us. Now she's going to need to look into getting another job while she CONTINUES to wait. Finding a place for her to live for a couple extra months is going to be trying too. This just sucks. I hope things work out soon for everybody who's been waiting much longer than we have.

I hear ya'!!

Edited by MtlMama

DCF Timeline (approximate):

submitted I-130 May 2009

received approval June 2009

submitted DS-230 and checklist July 2009

interview Nov 4, 2009 (IR-1, 221g refusal, domicile)

submitted additional domicile proof December 15, 2009

Received IR-1 Visa Approval: February 26, 2010

Sidelined: emergency surgery!

Anticipated POE date: May 19, 2010

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Well the documents we sent to the Montreal Consulate arrived today according to Canada Post. So now we wait. And wait. Again. If they do end up holding onto my wife's Canadian passport ad infinitum we may have no choice but to contact her MP but it's way too early to worry about that yet.

Timeline
Well the documents we sent to the Montreal Consulate arrived today according to Canada Post. So now we wait. And wait. Again. If they do end up holding onto my wife's Canadian passport ad infinitum we may have no choice but to contact her MP but it's way too early to worry about that yet.

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I were asked for additional documents on December 9th, 2009. We sent them in and was received by Montreal on Feb 9th. I've sent multiple emails since then, but no response. I contacted my Senator's office today and sent the the release form. I'll keep you guys updated!

Timeline
Hi Everyone,

My husband and I were asked for additional documents on December 9th, 2009. We sent them in and was received by Montreal on Feb 9th. I've sent multiple emails since then, but no response. I contacted my Senator's office today and sent the the release form. I'll keep you guys updated!

Let us know what happens!

Timeline

We also sent in additional proof of domicile for the third time Feb 9th. I've also contacted the Senator's office again to get them to check up on Montreal. Sooner or later they've got to respond to these.... right? :blink:

Timeline
We also sent in additional proof of domicile for the third time Feb 9th. I've also contacted the Senator's office again to get them to check up on Montreal. Sooner or later they've got to respond to these.... right? :blink:

Lets hope Feb.9th is lucky for the both of us Jones!! How long do the senators take to reply back to you? I preferred to be contacted via email because I'm not home during their office hours because I'm working....

Timeline
Lets hope Feb.9th is lucky for the both of us Jones!! How long do the senators take to reply back to you? I preferred to be contacted via email because I'm not home during their office hours because I'm working....

Still waiting here. No word back from Senator or Consulate!

DCF Timeline (approximate):

submitted I-130 May 2009

received approval June 2009

submitted DS-230 and checklist July 2009

interview Nov 4, 2009 (IR-1, 221g refusal, domicile)

submitted additional domicile proof December 15, 2009

Received IR-1 Visa Approval: February 26, 2010

Sidelined: emergency surgery!

Anticipated POE date: May 19, 2010

Timeline

The Senator's office usually calls me back within a few hours if I dont get a hold of him when I call. The main delay is how long it takes for them to get an answer from Montreal. They told us last time that Montreal is required to respond to Senatorial requests within 2 weeks but last time it took 5-6 weeks and two seperate requests. So much for a requirment eh?

Timeline
The Senator's office usually calls me back within a few hours if I dont get a hold of him when I call. The main delay is how long it takes for them to get an answer from Montreal. They told us last time that Montreal is required to respond to Senatorial requests within 2 weeks but last time it took 5-6 weeks and two seperate requests. So much for a requirment eh?

Is that a legal requirement or a suggestion?

Timeline
Is that a legal requirement or a suggestion?

From what he said it sounded like a legal requirment. His words were "Montreal has to respond within two weeks to a information request from a senator's office."

Timeline

but what equals a respondance?? lol "I'll get back to ya" One just has to keep at it, eventually someone will get tired of it, and do something!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
but what equals a respondance?? lol "I'll get back to ya" One just has to keep at it, eventually someone will get tired of it, and do something!!

Yea exactly! I also asked what happens if they dont respond within two weeks. No answer to that question.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.