Pauley

HOOOOOOOOOOOCKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

424 posts in this topic

Maybe we can blame him for the 5th, he probably just said "awe ** it I'm outta here, screw the last 20 seconds" and headed for the bench.

:lol:

Brodeur is a living legend. Probably the second or third best goaltender to have ever played the game. Many would argue THE best. But I'm sorry...in a tournament like this, if you can't get it done NOW, you can't be in our net. Luongo had a shutout in the Norway rout (which was, by all accounts, an easy game), but I'd rather take the chance on him than go with the known quantity of a bad Brodeur.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 Canadian living in a house with 4 other Americans isn't always easy! Today is one of those days!! :lol:

Just living here isn't always easy... I don't even want to go back to work because I know people will be saying something.

Damn hecklers! :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Just living here isn't always easy... I don't even want to go back to work because I know people will be saying something.

Hehe. I swear...when I move down there I'm going to want people to forget that I'm Canadian. I mean, *I* won't forget it, but yeah. :lol:

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 Canadian living in a house with 4 other Americans isn't always easy! Today is one of those days!! :lol:

Fortunately, we live in HI and no one even knows what hockey is. I am sure no one even knows there are winter Olympics here.

I bet the annoying cleaning lady heckles you tomorrow. :P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I completely disagree.

The first two goals he let in were pretty horrible. The third one was marginal. The fourth was a good goal, plain and simple. I'll be nice and won't even blame him for the fifth!

Brodeur let in 4 goals on 22 shots. That's inexcusable in the NHL, let alone on the world stage in such a statement game.

Brodeur didn't lose the game for Canada. The first 2 goals were deflected the 3rd on a crowd in front of the net. Canada out shot the US 44 to 22. We doninated the play and had a lot more hits and scoring chances than the US. At times it looked like men playing a kids team.

I know the score board is what counts in the end but when a team runs into a hot goalie this is what usually happens.

Martin Brodeur is the best goaltender in the world, has proven his worth many times and has the stats to back it all up. Luongo may start against Germany but when it comes to playing Russia after Germany Marty Brodeur will be back in goal for Canada and will be there when we play for the Gold medal too.

Yeah this was a big game in standing order but they didn't hand out the medals yet and that's when it all counts when the cards are on the table.

Don't jump off the Canadian band wagon there's plenty of hockey to go. Canada is still the best team in the torunament and Marty Brodeur the best goaltender.

Below is a quote from Ron Wilson.

Even the U.S. coach Ron Wilson acknowledged afterwards how well his goaltender played - and much of a difference he made to the outcome.

"In fairness, Canada out-chanced us two-to-one for most of the game and our goalie played excellent," said Wilson. "We've still got a long ways to go here. There are some great teams out there. Personally, I think Canada is the best team - and Russia is right behind them with all the skill they have up front."

Timeline
I completely disagree.

The first two goals he let in were pretty horrible. The third one was marginal. The fourth was a good goal, plain and simple. I'll be nice and won't even blame him for the fifth!

Brodeur let in 4 goals on 22 shots. That's inexcusable in the NHL, let alone on the world stage in such a statement game.

They were deflections. And u can't say just because the USA only had 22 shots on net 4 were goals that its poor goaltending! Its not the # of shots that count--its the QUALITY of shots that truly count. As a goalie, I know first hand how hard it is stop defections,ur set up for the sot, and whammo chg of direction and now ur pretty much hooped,lol

Sure Brodeur may be an elite goalie,but Loungo is playing in front of his normal Vancouver crowd, ok maybe not the normal Vancouver crowd, but familiar with the rink/surroundings!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Hehe. I swear...when I move down there I'm going to want people to forget that I'm Canadian. I mean, *I* won't forget it, but yeah. :lol:

They won't forget! :P My husband (both a Canadian and US citizen) still gets beat up at work over hockey and he has been here since '92! He REALLY didn't want to go in today!

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

I can't watch really highly important games...I get too mad, or too nervous, so I only saw a couple of goals.

Being a goalie for 22 years, I can tell you, Brodeur did NOT play well at all. He is a very good goalie, but the game has change, and he has not (his style...he remains to be a hybrid goalie whereas, the majority of goaltenders in the game today are butterfly style)

I'm going to try and break the goals down and let you know what he did wrong, and how, even though a couple were deflections, he could have had a chance to make the save.

Goal 1: Shot came from the point, and was deflected past Brodeur's blocker side. Brodeur went down, but only put out his left leg initially, causing him not to be able to react quickly enough when the puck was deflected. In fact, he didn't even move his right leg to try and make the save. Had he gone down in the butterfly to protect the entire net, rather than trying to just make the save on the shot, he might have had a chance to stop the deflection, as his reaction time would have been cut shorter, by his body and leg already being in position.

Goal 2: Brodeur should NOT have batted the puck out of mid air. That was Brodeur being Brodeur and having to go out and play the puck. Now, I'm all for goalies playing the puck (I'm one of them) but you hve to know when to play the puck, or stay in your net. He should have stayed in his net. He made the worst choice in where he ended up putting the puck. He put it in what I call the 'Dead Zone" right up the middle. So, it goes up the middle, and while the US pointman gets the puck, Brodeur is scrambling to get back in net to get in position, and ends up looking like Hasek in that he doesn't even have proper positioning as a Hybrid goalie! Why the heck did he go down like that???? He's an NHL goalie who's probably made that same countless times. If had had gone down into a butterfly, or even semi-butterfly, even with the deflection, he would have made that save because the puck stayed on the ice. Pads on the ice would have stopped it.

Who's at Fault for that goal? Brodeur. If he had let his defense just go and get the puck in the corner, we may have never had the puck up the middle, in fact, it probably would have stayed up along the boards.

Game should have been 1-0 Canada at the end of the first period.

Goal 3: Again, didn't stay in his net! Tried to pokecheck the puck and failed. As a goalie, you need to be 100% sure that you are not going to mess up with the pokecheck, because you are completely vulnerable. He missed and the US player passed it to his man who had a wide open net because Brodeur, once again was way out of position.

Should have been 2-0 Canada at this point.

Goal 4: Good power play goal. Had movement on the ice, good one-timer from the halfboards. If I were going to blame anyone, it would be whomever was in the box! :lol:

Should have been 3-1 (After Canada scored) at this point.

Goal 5: Obviously an empty net.

Reasons why we lost that game? Goaltending on both ends. Brodeur did not play well, and Miller did. Simple as that. Had Brodeur made the saves he was supposed to, and not put himself out of position (and as a goalie, that's WHAT A GOALIE'S JOB IS, to be IN POSITION) even with Miller's stellar performance, we should have won that game.

/stepping out of my crease now :D

Edited by J&K

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Timeline

They won't forget! :P My husband (both a Canadian and US citizen) still gets beat up at work over hockey and he has been here since '92! He REALLY didn't want to go in today!

Yea one of my coworkers already started on my FB. Canada needs to pull it together, could you imagine if we didn't get gold? We lost world juniors and we lost the olympics??

We'd have NOTHING! :crying:

:P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Reasons why we lost that game? Goaltending on both ends. Brodeur did not play well, and Miller did. Simple as that. Had Brodeur made the saves he was supposed to, and not put himself out of position (and as a goalie, that's WHAT A GOALIE'S JOB IS, to be IN POSITION) even with Miller's stellar performance, we should have won that game.

Completely agree. :thumbs:

I actually thought Canada was going to kick US as$ and was ready to take some good natured heckling as an American watching the game at the Canadian Embassy. Instead, some upset Canadian asked me why any f@cking Americans were even at the Embassy and why didn't we go to our own embassy to watch the game. :blink: Um, ok.

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Timeline
Completely agree. :thumbs:

I actually thought Canada was going to kick US as$ and was ready to take some good natured heckling as an American watching the game at the Canadian Embassy. Instead, some upset Canadian asked me why any f@cking Americans were even at the Embassy and why didn't we go to our own embassy to watch the game. :blink: Um, ok.

That was pretty rude!! Not a true hockey fan their, just a complete moron!! Quite often in these types of tournaments,its not the team with the best players that win, its the team that comes together the quickest and has great team chemistry! Plain and simple, the USA got better goaltending, thus deserved to win! Suck it up, and move on,lol

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Lol I just love all the references to the 1980 Miracle on Ice in regards to this game by the American media, many of whom never watched a hockey game in their life :bonk:

This was a PRELIMINARY game and neither team won or lost a medal, it really wasn't that big of a deal Lol. I bet this game wakes up Canada and you see them showing a much bigger effort on defense for the rest of the tournament. Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad the States won but this was not an incredible upset. Every single player on both sides plays in the NHL, I think it's pretty safe to say they're all relatively solid hockey players hahaha

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Timeline

yes, in now way can they compare that game to the USA "Miracle on ice'!! Thats a slap in the face of that American team! That team was truly up against a mountain! College players vs the Russian Pros!

The current American team is full of NHL players, so no comparison! Canada now has a bit harder route to travel, germany on Tuesday, and if they beat them--its not a given----they most likely play the Russians after that! Even if they get bumped out, still lots of great hockey to be watched!!

Timeline
I can't watch really highly important games...I get too mad, or too nervous, so I only saw a couple of goals.

That's my Sister too. When the score was tied she was ok, then the U.S. scored so she called me and asked me to call her when it was tied up again. So I did, then they U.S. scores - I said no - just watch the game (when she called again to ask me to call her when they were tied again :lol: )

Timeline
Yea one of my coworkers already started on my FB. Canada needs to pull it together, could you imagine if we didn't get gold? We lost world juniors and we lost the olympics??

We'd have NOTHING! :crying:

:P

Please, I don't even want to imagine that! :cry: We only had one bottle of wine out last night; if there's any more losing on Canada's part it will be a case!!

As far as who is to blame...I am no hockey expert but being the mother of a goalie and a defenceman I've watched a few games :) I agree with J&K's analysis regarding Brodeur. But I give Ryan Miller credit; he was hot last night.

I'm ready to move on to Tuesday's game.

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.