Pauley

HOOOOOOOOOOOCKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

424 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Do you guys remember when (I think it was FOX) that did that highlighting puck for viewers at home? :blink:

LMAO

I think most Canadians thought that was a joke......well, at least I did.

lol, I totally remember that! It was Fox for sure. When my fiance and I were at the Oilers game last week there was someone there sitting by us who was totally ripping on that! I guess there's a reason they stopped it :P

I'm not looking for entertainment, I just want a win for Canada! :lol:

Hear hear!

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Prob get flamed for this,lol but womens hockey should NOT be in the Olympics! There just isn't enough quality teams! Its pretty much a 3 country tournament, Sweden, USA and Canada! makes more sense to have the women ski jumper competition than W. Hockey in the Olympics! Canada kicked butt on what team was it this week 18-0! And that team beat another team 87-0!! crazy! Just isnt enough skilled countries for womens hockey to be in the Olympics as of right now.

Canada Men played well last night, some real nifty passing took place.

That's kinda like saying they shouldn't have long distance running events (or insert other sport here) because the Kenyans (or insert another nationality here) always win. Though I admit 87-0 is really crazy. Maybe they need different entrance requirements.

Of course, I admit I'm biased towards women's sports, and I think there should be lots of women's sports events to encourage young girls to dream a dream for themselves.

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

The U.S. deserved to win that game. And I think that's the last time you'll ever see Brodeur play an international game of hockey. He stunk...plain and simple.

Canada's offense was great, but the energy and physicality of the U.S. team, and especially their goaltending won them the game. Well-deserved.

Part of me is glad though, because now we'll get to see what Luongo can do. As a Canuck fan, this pleases me!

Oh...and WHAT an empty net goal Kesler had, eh? One hand on the stick, face buried in the back of a Canadian player's jersey, but managed to score anyhow. Awesome goal.

Edited by Wyatt's Torch

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline
The U.S. deserved to win that game. And I think that's the last time you'll ever see Brodeur play an international game of hockey. He stunk...plain and simple.

Canada's offense was great, but the energy and physicality of the U.S. team, and especially their goaltending won them the game. Well-deserved.

+1 , especially the Brodeur part :thumbs:

Timeline

Goaltending won that game!! Cya Brodeur, sit ur #### on the bench where it should have been in the 1st place!

Canada at times just seemed to take that extra second to shoot, wanted to make that perfect shot--of course when the other team has a great goalie, one tends to do that. USA deserved to win.

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Oh yeah, Brodeur sucked it up. I don't get why they continued to play him when there are two great goalies sitting on the bench waiting for an opportunity to show their stuff.

The goal tending was frustrating all around. I think Ryan Miller is a sub-human robot man.

Oh yeah, Brodeur sucked it up. I don't get why they continued to play him when there are two great goalies sitting on the bench waiting for an opportunity to show their stuff.

The goal tending was frustrating all around. I think Ryan Miller is a sub-human robot man.

Totally! My wife and I talked to each other during the intermissions, as she was over at a friend's place watching the game on their big screen, and after the first period I was saying, "Okay, they've GOT to pull Brodeur!" and she's like, "No! No no no...DON'T pull Brodeur! He's like our seventh man!" Then after the second period I was REALLY hoping they'd pull Brodeur...but nope!

Well, all I can say is that if they don't start Luongo in the next game, they deserve to lose to the Germans, let alone the Russians in the quarter-finals...

Canada has been disappointing me in these Olympics. It's amazing how many fourth or fifth place finishes we have. :(

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Timeline

in all fairness brodeur did not play that bad, he made some big stops. at least 3 of the goals were by deflection, and our D were a bit sloppy at times! Miller was huge.

in all fairness brodeur did not play that bad, he made some big stops. at least 3 of the goals were by deflection, and our D were a bit sloppy at times! Miller was huge.

I completely disagree.

The first two goals he let in were pretty horrible. The third one was marginal. The fourth was a good goal, plain and simple. I'll be nice and won't even blame him for the fifth!

Brodeur let in 4 goals on 22 shots. That's inexcusable in the NHL, let alone on the world stage in such a statement game.

Edited by Wyatt's Torch

Timeline
I completely disagree.

The first two goals he let in were pretty horrible. The third one was marginal. The fourth was a good goal, plain and simple. I'll be nice and won't even blame him for the fifth!

Brodeur let in 4 goals on 22 shots. That's inexcusable in the NHL, let alone on the world stage in such a statement game.

Maybe we can blame him for the 5th, he probably just said "awe ** it I'm outta here, screw the last 20 seconds" and headed for the bench.

Timeline

Although I'm not going to let up on Brodeur, at all, I'll have to agree that there were a few times where I wondered what the heck our defense was up to. The offense was on, but the defense was just ok. You're not going to win Olympic gold when you're just playing ok.

1 Canadian living in a house with 4 other Americans isn't always easy! Today is one of those days!! :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.