Pauley

HOOOOOOOOOOOCKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

424 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My brother called me really drunk and his friends were yelling in the background "Tell your sister to tell her American friends to suck it!" haha.

I saw a lot of coverage after the game of fans in Vancouver and Toronto, and that seemed to be a mild undercurrent within the crowds. So much for winning gracefully. On the same side of the token, the American fans in Vancouver simply seemed surly after the game. I think sportsmanship all around was lost for a bit.

No, didn't see his interview at all. I know it's disappointing not to win the gold, however, the US team DID win silver. I just thought since he's a professional (as if that should matter?), he should have been more gracious, to the winning team, as well as his own teammates!

I don't think most of them look at it like they won silver so much as they lost the gold. Glass half full or empty situation I suppose. I really dont' think it was a great idea to interview the man responsible for the loss moments after the game and expect anything but an emotional and angry response.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a lot of coverage after the game of fans in Vancouver and Toronto, and that seemed to be a mild undercurrent within the crowds. So much for winning gracefully. On the same side of the token, the American fans in Vancouver simply seemed surly after the game. I think sportsmanship all around was lost for a bit.

Yeah. The thing is...MOST people get all cocky and arrogant when they're caught up in the hype of patriotism (particularly in crowds). It happens to Canada when they win Gold just as much as it happens to America, Germany or Russia. That's the darker side of patriotism, really.

I think that when the actual hype of the win dies down, both Canada and the U.S. will be very conciliatory towards each other in terms of the quality of the game. It was a great, hard-fought game, deserving of overtime. Probably deserving of a shootout, too. Just an unfortunate mistake for Miller at the end. That will be hard for him to live with, and I hope the media in the U.S. isn't as hard on him "not winning a big game" as it has been on Luongo for the past few years.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah. The thing is...MOST people get all cocky and arrogant when they're caught up in the hype of patriotism (particularly in crowds). It happens to Canada when they win Gold just as much as it happens to America, Germany or Russia. That's the darker side of patriotism, really.

I think that when the actual hype of the win dies down, both Canada and the U.S. will be very conciliatory towards each other in terms of the quality of the game. It was a great, hard-fought game, deserving of overtime. Probably deserving of a shootout, too. Just an unfortunate mistake for Miller at the end. That will be hard for him to live with, and I hope the media in the U.S. isn't as hard on him "not winning a big game" as it has been on Luongo for the past few years.

I have to kind of agree... it was a great game and I didn't take one second for granted because anything could have happened, and it did.

But some of the facebook status updates afterwards... "Yea thats right you yankee b1tches, its our game!" was one of them. It wasn't like we kicked the USA's a$$... it was won in overtime.. I don't think a game like that is where you should be saying: "Ya that's right!" :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

But some of the facebook status updates afterwards... "Yea thats right you yankee b1tches, its our game!" was one of them. It wasn't like we kicked the USA's a$$... it was won in overtime.. I don't think a game like that is where you should be saying: "Ya that's right!" :lol:

Yeah...Canada didn't kick a$$. Team Canada made it by the skin of their teeth! If Miller had an extra half a second to get in position for that shot, it could have very easily been 3-2 U.S.A.

Edited by Wyatt's Torch

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I just found it hilarious that so many canadian fans after would have fit that stereotypical "ugly american" mold in that coverage. I understand that it's a big deal, made even bigger by beating a rival. But double fisting beer while screaming "YOU SUCK USA" into a news camera is a bit much.

What I took away from the tournament was the improved level of play from the U.S.. There are a lot of young players on the team who showed their mettle. They aren't quite at the level of Canada yet, but the gap has been closed considerably. I won't say that there deserved to be a shootout, or another game, because there is no reason for it. You play the game, and in this particular game, Canada played better, plain and simple. I do think that the bar has been set higher for the U.S.. Prior to this, we would have been happy to have won a silver. But we got so close, and saw that we can compete on an equal level.

Yeah, this next generation of Team USA is great. So many awesome players now. The Tkachuks, Modanos, Weights and Guerins just didn't have the same level of enthusiasm and killer instinct that these younger Americans do. Kesler, Backes, Brown, Parise...such gritty, aggressive and passionate players. Lots to love about the American team. Honestly, if it wasn't a question of nationalism, I would prefer Team USA's makeup to Team Canada's. They're more my kind of team, taken as a whole.

Socchi should be interesting!

Timeline

Kesler is a moron, sorry..but he is. I saw two interviews with him in this tournament, after beating canada and between the periods last night and he was anything but gracious. There are always a few "Sean Avery's" around..lurking in the shadows..haha

BUT, I think what I was impressed with most this tournament is the all around play from ALL the countries involved. Even Latvia was MAJORLY improved! This tournament was great because every one was actually at the same level and I don't even think Canada was above every one by a large margin at all. I was actually most disappointed with Russia, especially what the media said after they lost to Canada. There was a lot of bullshit printed in the Russian media about how, once again, it was undeserved. For a team so stacked with NHL greats, they looked awful. They bottled it!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Kesler is a moron, sorry..but he is. I saw two interviews with him in this tournament, after beating canada and between the periods last night and he was anything but gracious. There are always a few "Sean Avery's" around..lurking in the shadows..haha

I agree about Kesler. Totally. I have NEVER liked his attitude...and I'm a Canucks fan! I DO think he's a great player though...I just wish the guy would never speak, because he always comes off like a whiny jerk when he does. Talking about Luongo looking like he's "fighting the puck" in the second period intermission was pretty lousy...not only because it's his day-to-day teammate, but because it simply wasn't true! Luongo had let in one goal at that point, and it was a good, hard-fought goal.

If Kesler wasn't so good on the ice, being one of the better two-way players in the game, I'd love to see him traded. But even I have to admit that he has immense value to the Canucks, sooo...I hope he resigns at the end of the season when his contract expires.

Timeline

Agreed, Wyatt. Shame what he said about Luongo, though, as a fellow teammate. Luongo didn't look great..you could tell he was REALLY nervous..the rebounds were far too many. However, as a teammate, you say "Listen, he's doing a great job...I'm hoping we can still put a few past him though before this one is through!"...There are SO many things you can say...and so many hockey players say the appropriate things. He should take a lesson from them or else his attitude will come back to haunt him eventually. No one likes a cry baby or a jerk. And, I'd be hard pressed if Roberto looks at him the same way today in that dressing room.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I agree about Kesler. Totally. I have NEVER liked his attitude...and I'm a Canucks fan! I DO think he's a great player though...I just wish the guy would never speak, because he always comes off like a whiny jerk when he does. Talking about Luongo looking like he's "fighting the puck" in the second period intermission was pretty lousy...not only because it's his day-to-day teammate, but because it simply wasn't true! Luongo had let in one goal at that point, and it was a good, hard-fought goal.

If Kesler wasn't so good on the ice, being one of the better two-way players in the game, I'd love to see him traded. But even I have to admit that he has immense value to the Canucks, sooo...I hope he resigns at the end of the season when his contract expires.

Luongo was fighting the puck that whole game. He looked very unsure of himself on many shots there were more than a couple times that he went to glove a puck and it bounced from his glove. Why do you think the US were trying to get as many shots at him as possible? Because they and most everybody else saw that Luongo was having a tough day. Some games it happens to goaltenders where nothing goes the usual way. The goal that tied the game if he had caught and held the puck instead of it bouncing from his glove the game would have ended 2-1.

So I agree with Kesler's evaluation of Luongo at that time

As for Ryan Miller making a mistake on the Crosby goal. Did you ever consider giving credit that maybe Crosby made a great shot and put the puck where the opening was.

As for Ryan Miller making a mistake on the Crosby goal. Did you ever consider giving credit that maybe Crosby made a great shot and put the puck where the opening was.

No, no I didn't.

Actually....

In an interview after the game Crosby said that he didn't even look to shoot the puck, he just shot it and it went it.

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Timeline
Actually....

In an interview after the game Crosby said that he didn't even look to shoot the puck, he just shot it and it went it.

Yea I saw that.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Actually....

That's why the great players are so great. they have that 7th sense of no look passes no look goals

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.