Pauley

HOOOOOOOOOOOCKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

424 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Alright! So now that we've got Germany out of the way, the BIG game is nigh -- Russia vs. Canada, 7:30 EST, 4:30 PST. Luongo has already been named as the starter (sorry Allie :P), and this should be one heck of a game... Explosive Russian offense, strong defense and one of the most consistent goaltenders in the game (Nabokov has always been one of my favorites, dating back into the '90's).

I give 60-40 odds to Russia in this one, but I hope I'm wrong!

As for the other games, the U.S. should beat Switzerland (noon PST, btw...), and sadly, Sweden probably has the edge on Slovakia. I really, really want Slovakia to win though. As much as I like Forsberg and (obviously) the Sedins, I still think Slovakia has been criminally underrated.

Should be an exciting, nail-biting night of hockey!

Hey, why the dig at me? I couldn't care if they put the guy selling popcorn in goal as long as we win. I thought they would come back with Brodeur after giving him a splinter seat and that was my view. They feel Luongo can beat the Russians and I'm hoping they are correct.

I'm a true, loyal Team Canada supporter, I do not sit and pick the team apart and find fault in them and post pictures implying them to be a bunch of fools running into each other as some people do :whistle::whistle:

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Lol He reminds me now of Hatcher but with a better shot. I think I saw a glacier pass him the other day, seriously ROUGH haha

LoL, I think both Hatcher brothers were slower than Pronger. I always thought Al Iafrate was the slowest skaters of all time.

Hey, why the dig at me? I couldn't care if they put the guy selling popcorn in goal as long as we win. I thought they would come back with Brodeur after giving him a splinter seat and that was my view. They feel Luongo can beat the Russians and I'm hoping they are correct.

I'm a true, loyal Team Canada supporter, I do not sit and pick the team apart and find fault in them and post pictures implying them to be a bunch of fools running into each other as some people do :whistle::whistle:

The dig (which was very tongue-in-cheek, by the way...) was because you said this (emphasis mine):

When the medal round starts I assure you Brodeur will be in goal for Canada and he should be. We have the best goaltender and team in the world and when the cards are on the table Brodeur and our Canadian team will be there when it counts.

I'm a true, loyal Team Canada supporter too...but I, on the other hand, don't see a problem with picking a team apart...it doesn't affect the fact that I want them to win. It's just a sport I love and my love for it isn't blind and purely nationalistic. :yes:

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
The dig (which was very tongue-in-cheek, by the way...) was because you said this (emphasis mine):

I'm a true, loyal Team Canada supporter too...but I, on the other hand, don't see a problem with picking a team apart...it doesn't affect the fact that I want them to win. It's just a sport I love and my love for it isn't blind and purely nationalistic. :yes:

I am a team Canada supporter too, but for vastly different reasons. The thought of seeing Ovechkin and Malkin is too scary for my delicate American senses. :lol: Now, watching Proger lumber to try to cross check someoen only to stumble over two of his own players is much more to my liking :lol:

Just kidding. I think that any way you work it, there are matchup problems for each other. I have talked the lady in the office into turning the t.v. to the game at noon and at 4:30 w00t.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That was and still is my view/opinion. I would go to Brodeur in such a big game but I don't make that decision.

Then I am of a different fan loyalty than you. When I as a fan my team whether here in the Olympics or the NHL I never pick my team apart or lay individual blame if we lose.

If every team (and I emphasize team) played the perfect game there would be no winners.

Like you my love for the game is not blind either, but as for being purely all for my Nation of Canada you can mark a big in EVERY WAY beside that one.

Besides Canada there are 2 other great teams here, the Russians and the Swedes and even if my Canadians do happen to lose, in my heart they will always be best hockey players on this planet

and with that said

I AM CANADIAN

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Have to work again toniith!! Was suppose to have it off, but switched with another person, ouch!! Hopefully it is on NBC, as I know 1 of my pts will watch it,lol

Lot of times in these tournaments, its not the team with the best players that wins, its the team that comes together the quickest. I'm rooting for Canada 100%, but I have said all along the Russians are the team to beat.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going to have to side with Wyatt on this one. I'm a loyal supporter of team Canada, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't point out its flaws. No team is perfect, absolutely, so why not be open and candid about the weaknesses? If nobody discusses them and considers them, then they will never be fixed. I'm a big fan of the Leafs, but if I didn't make fun of them then I would drive myself absolutely insane. There's being a loyal fan, and then there's being being delusional about your teams talent. I will always love the leafs, but they suck this year, and last year, they just aren't playing well. As a fan I think I have the right to say that.

I'm completely terrified for tonight's game! Russia hasn't been playing very well, but either have we. Thankfully Luongo is in net!

Timeline
Have to work again toniith!! Was suppose to have it off, but switched with another person, ouch!! Hopefully it is on NBC, as I know 1 of my pts will watch it,lol

Lot of times in these tournaments, its not the team with the best players that wins, its the team that comes together the quickest. I'm rooting for Canada 100%, but I have said all along <b>the Russians are the team to beat.</b>

Agreed. And if the USA and Canada are both out and Russia is still in then I will root for them if only because of Ovie.

Watching the USA game now at work, lol. 0-0 at the end of the first.

And as an Islander fan, I have had my fair share of sucky seasons. But they are MY sucky team and I love them!

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Am I the only Canadian on this forum not watching the hockey?

Not like I can... thanks NBC and crappy Direct TV.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

I'm listening streaming on my iPhone. Local sports radio station has Westwood One coverage via the iHeartRadio app.

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Timeline

I'm watching it on my normal NBC channel

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

http://atdhe.net/index.html

hit the PLAY symbol on the left side

Edited by Flames9_RN

Timeline

Swiss put up a decent fight against the USA. if it wasn't for Hillier,they would have been blown out!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.