Peachey

Weight loss support

277 posts in this topic

So Tae Kwon Do has been going really well, and I don't hurt as much as I did the first week, but any pain I did have was a 'good' hurt :P

My goal was to do 3 classes per week, but I'm enjoying it so much that I'm going to try and do 4-5 classes per week.

Not really sure about my pounds lost yet, but I'm not concerned about just getting the exercise in and eating sensible foods for now. I'll worry about my weight and scales eventually though :P:D

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay peeps, here's my update.

Yesterday I barely snacked. I had a couple crackers before the gym and then a sugar cookie after dinner (which I regretted).

At the gym I did a full 30 minutes of the elliptical at a fast speed. Then I did some weight machines.

I weighed myself again and I was down to 170.6. Sunday afternoon I was 173, so obviously I was carrying quite a bit of water weight. I'm hoping to go down a bit more this week since I've completely cut out the junk food.

I plan to go to the gym again tonight and do 40 minutes of cardio. I want to work up to about 50 minutes of cardio 3x a week and then 30 minutes 1-2x/week when I have a more weight heavy day.

My calories were a bit high yesterday, but I figure it'll take me a week or so to get used to eating less and not feeling so hungry.

Today I brought a sandwich and a yogurt for lunch. I'll probably have a tangerine as a snack and maybe a mini luna bar.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

According to the weight thing on the Wii fit, I've lost 2 more pounds in like 3 days!

I keep thinking it's off, so I weigh myself on the other scale but the scale's so fickle about where you stand that I gave up on it... so I really wonder if I weigh around 189 now.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

I lost .6 lbs from yesterday. I think I could have lost more, but I did that whole snacking at night thing. And then, I kept dying on my video game so that made me upset so I ate something. I need to start recognizing when I'm eating emotionally and stop it!

At the gym last night we did 20 minutes of cardio then 30 minutes of weight machines.

Today I've done 45 minutes on the treadmill.

I've also planned all my meals today and I'm net eating (minus exercise calories) around 1200 calories.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Stumbled across this thread Soup Therapy: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=238520

One of the things I have been doing is eating a lot of soups (broth based not cream). I kind of do a variation of the cabbage soup diet but I just don't eat only the soup. I'll make a big batch of the cabbage/veggie soup and use the veggies as my main sidedish with a protein.

Down another pound today - yippee!

Timeline
I lost .6 lbs from yesterday. I think I could have lost more, but I did that whole snacking at night thing. And then, I kept dying on my video game so that made me upset so I ate something. I need to start recognizing when I'm eating emotionally and stop it!

At the gym last night we did 20 minutes of cardio then 30 minutes of weight machines.

Today I've done 45 minutes on the treadmill.

I've also planned all my meals today and I'm net eating (minus exercise calories) around 1200 calories.

Nice work! I think I'm hitting around 1200 calories also after my cardio/work out calories are minused out.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Don't get discouraged on day to day weight Peach. :) Your weight will fluctuate daily anyways, like Sapphire is saying.

I'm finding spark to be great with tracking all sorts of nutrients. It's neat. Yesterday and the day before I stayed in range for calories. Yesterday, for whatever reason, seemed a lot easier. Mind you, spark allows me up to 1700 calories, according to my weight and goals. Both days my husband and I went for a walk. Not long, about 40 mins, but better than nothing. Burned 185 calories on average for them at least.

I'm also finding I'm eating too much sodium, which I'm not surprised about at all. Sodium is huge in a lot of foods. It really burned me on a canned chicken noodle soup that I had. Also I'm not getting enough iron, and Vitamin D. Also not surprised. lol I'm not really wanting to take any supplements daily or anything, so I'll see what I can do to up those. I actually didn't eat ENOUGH fat yesterday, which I found funny.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I havent been following the thread because Ive been busy... so I am replying base on the posts now. But its best not to look at the weight loss through pounds but rather in inches. You essentially can gain 3 pounds of water one night and lose it another, etc. I think you should look at your actual inch loss -- see if clothes are loser. Also, after months of working out, you will also gain muscle mass. And you would drive yourself crazy weighing every day too!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Oh boo, according to the wii fit I gained 1.6 lbs!

I think it's off a bit. I always test around the same time of day, so... ugh.

:lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

Went to the gym again. 3 days in a row. I did 15 minutes on the elliptical and then 15 minutes of the stairmaster, which was really hard!

We had really lean pork loin chops for dinner and mixed veggies and I had maybe 1/4 cup of white rice.

I was down about .5 pounds at the gym. Which I know means nothing, but felt good nonetheless!

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sapphire, I think the best part is when you start feeling "tight". I know that when I run a couple of times a week, I start feeling really "tight" around the middle and around the bum area. Of course, its not feeling pained or cramped or anything. Its totally the opposite of what I feel when I binge on ice cream on Friday nights :P

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ok so david is convinced i made him gain weight :P lol

hes not used to home cooking or having proper meals 3 times a day and says i made him go up 2 sizes..rofl.

he is starting to do pushups etc. and i have this soup diet that you do for 2 weeks. it was given to me by a friend, whos grandfather got it from his doctor. bascially its a vegetable soup that is for people about to go in for heart surgery and need to drop up to 20lbs.

it takes 2 weeks, and bascially you eat the soup every day whenever your hungry. you are allowed other thigns as well, like on day 3 you can have so many ounces of beef, tomatoes, or chicken. one day you can eat bananas etc. the extra items you can eat all depend on what your body will need that day, like potassium, etc.

truth be told it does work. although i never lost that much weight, since i have a hard time with cravings and snacking. and after a week you get soo sick of just soup :P not to mention all the fibre you get out of it LOL.

my recipe is in a box somewhere i'll try and find it and maybe post it here if anyone wants to attempt it. :)

HWDWm6.png

Timeline
Sapphire, I think the best part is when you start feeling "tight". I know that when I run a couple of times a week, I start feeling really "tight" around the middle and around the bum area. Of course, its not feeling pained or cramped or anything. Its totally the opposite of what I feel when I binge on ice cream on Friday nights :P

Totally. My pants are already starting to feel a bit better today. Maybe it' all in my head... but I don't mind!

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hubby came home with regular instead of whole wheat pancakes. Ugh. We are too poor to throw them out, and it is too time consuming to make two kinds. Those little things really add up, and I get so frustrated that money inhibits my progress. Can't afford egg substitute or to throw out all the yolks -- so I'm stuck with the fat of the whole egg. I think he was frustrated with me though for buying whole wheat bread for myself, which costs twice as much as white, no matter what brand/no brand you buy.

Overall my calorie consumption this week isn't too bad, but I'm definitely getting more fat intake than I'd like. Days I'm too tired to do cardio, I do a small set of strength training stuff that spark recommends. I haven't weighed myself in days, so no idea on progress. But I definitely am doing more than I have in months, so that's good.

What is the deal with the cabbage soup thing? What am I missing?

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

So I'm down .5lbs this week, but I was expecting such a little loss.

I'm trying to get rid of all of the bad things in the cupboard before I go and buy the 'good' things. I don't like throwing money away, and with me doing TKD, I feel better anyway!

Last night, I was the only beginner adult there besides the Grand Master's son, who's a Master, and his assistant for the night, and she is a national gold champion in sparring!

It was like a private lesson though which was awesome, and I got my legs to stretch further than have been in a long time, so I surpassed some things that I didn't think I could do :)

It's amazing the high I get from going! I'd definitely go again tonight, but unfortunately, I wouldn't make it home from work on time, and I'm actually sad about that! :lol:

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.