Peachey

Weight loss support

277 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Wow that's amazing!

I've managed to gain 3 lbs since Friday. I don't think this is possible, so I'm thinking it might be water retention or more muscle mass (since we joined the gym).

I know I haven't told you guys my weight yet, so I'll come out with it. The scale this morning said 175.6 :'(

I'm hoping to work really hard this week and be down to 170 by next Monday. I think I can do it. I keep telling myself that I can pig out on my honeymoon if I eat really really good before the wedding.

You can do it Peachy! I think water retention and muscle could be what made for the gain. Plus, I know I tend always vary 2-4 pounds depending on the day.

Just keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure you'll drop more at once. I'm right there with you on the scale Peachy. When I moved to the US I was 157 down from about 167 from working out and eating really healthy right before I moved. I'm now around 172. And, I'm short! I carry all my weight at my hips/thighs/mid section... so my face looks normal to me and I don't look fat when I look in the mirror... but I'm sure my bottom half looks terrible. I have never been this heavy in my life.... so this is a huge awakening for me.

Today my goal is to resist snacking. In my office we have a TON of snacks, chips, cookies, twizzlers, chocolate, crackers... it's really hard to not grab something whenever I go get water or lunch etc. But, I'm making is HUGE effort to NOT eat any of that ####### today. We also have fruit and clif bars, so I'm going to stick to those from now on.

My legs are hurting today from the gym yesterday. We are going to the gym again tonight. I'm going to do lots of cardio since I did a lot of weights yesterday.

We are going to Vegas at the end of March and none of my summer clothes fit right... so I'm on a mission to lose 10 pounds before our trip.

We can do this people!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was told to throw out the scales and just take body measurements and use them as an indicator of how you are doing. This is really true if you started an exercise program since you are gaining muscle and losing fat. Muscle weighs more than fat but takes up less room. I think that is why my weight loss has been so slow. I have only lost 6 pounds now but I have lost 2 inches off my hips and 3.5 off my waist, unfortunately my thighs are still huge LOL.

I love being a Canadian.

Cool Sapphire,

We can both aim to lose 10 lbs by the end of march. Keep each other updated n stuff.

So how short is short? I'm 5'3". I thought I was short until I met darkchilde :P

I carry my weight in my face/belly/love handles. Some in my legs but not much. I had an ex tell me once he didn't understand how I had such nice calfs, but I wasn't skinny.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline
Cool Sapphire,

We can both aim to lose 10 lbs by the end of march. Keep each other updated n stuff.

So how short is short? I'm 5'3". I thought I was short until I met darkchilde :P

I carry my weight in my face/belly/love handles. Some in my legs but not much. I had an ex tell me once he didn't understand how I had such nice calfs, but I wasn't skinny.

I'm 5'3 too! What a coincedence! Yes, let's definitly keep eachother updated!

Last year I lost about 10 pounds in 2.5 months and I worked really hard at it... so I'm hopeful we can do this. I know that for me it's going to be really important to work out at least 4-5 times a week and only drink water and not eat candy/snacks.

I think I lost 3-4 of those pounds by simply only drinking water. I think diet pop makes me retain water weight.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

For anyone looking to eat very clean but not give up pasta, I'd recommend looking up Fiber Gourmet noodles :) My wife and I just found these and they're seriously incredible-tasting and have a whole pile of fiber in each serving so it helps you feel full :) Mix it in with a good lean meat and you'll have so much protein and fiber at once that you'll really feel satisfied :) Good luck all!

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Peachy- coupla thoughts, however malformed -

1. weight loss for man is different stuff, impossible to compare to woman - woman has different biological things for growing babies inside, is always unfair comparison.

2. diet! i not say - but - i've changed my diet considerably. I've been on veg juicing diet (2 meals/day) with cabbage soup thrown in (eat anytime) plus 4 oz of protein (steamed tofu) at lunch time. I don't eat anything past 5:30 PM.

3. P90X works on muscle confusion (I think I mentioned that earlier) and now, my body is starting to burn fat at a higher rate than before. Basically, with this program - I changed my metabolism a lot. Any exercise program, though - if you stick with it - will change yer metabolism.

4. I've added in pu'ehr tea, drink about a gallon of that each day.

5. i've done a 100-pd weight loss before (gained it all back after the horse debacle) so I still have high hopes to drop it all, again.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I'm honestly finding this Spark thing to be really helpful. Being able to enter the food I'm eating and having it count all the calories for me is a real eye opener. I really felt like I didn't eat much yesterday, but I hit my calorie limit, and that's with having salad for dinner. lol It's interesting.

Of course, I still can't work, so I have the time to do all this.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline
I'm honestly finding this Spark thing to be really helpful. Being able to enter the food I'm eating and having it count all the calories for me is a real eye opener. I really felt like I didn't eat much yesterday, but I hit my calorie limit, and that's with having salad for dinner. lol It's interesting.

Of course, I still can't work, so I have the time to do all this.

I used to be pretty shocked with how much I was eating too. I also noticed that my protein count was too low, so once I increased that I noticed a huge drop in my weight loss a lot more quickly.

After a month or so of tracking, I was able to stop tracking and still maintain the same diet since I was in the habit of eating certain foods and I kew what foods had high protein or whatever. If I introduced something new into my diet, I'd check its stats on spark, but otherwise I was able to just estimate and still be a lot healthier in my choices. So don't worry about the time thing. You'll figure it out when the time comes!

So far, no snacks for me. I'm going to have a tangerine in a bit for a snack.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

I'm having grapes and cheese for a snack :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

I agree, Sparks has really helped me see the whole calorie thing too.

It's a bit hard for me to track because alot of things I eat aren't in the database, so I do alot of guesstimating.

It's super helpful though.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

I agree, Sparks has really helped me see the whole calorie thing too.

It's a bit hard for me to track because alot of things I eat aren't in the database, so I do alot of guesstimating.

It's super helpful though.

A lot of things I eat aren't in the database either. If they're in packages, I just add the product and put in the nutrional info myself according to the package info.

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Is there an option to enter your own food? I use Calorie King, and they have t hat option. Most stuff has nutritional info on the back.

I also read today on my Ck that if you guesstimate what you're eating, you're probably eating more, therefore not getting an accurate calorie count.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

I wanted to loose a pound a week and started off pretty good, got from 296 down to 274 but then over the holidays gained two pounds. I just weighed today and was 275 so at this rate I will be about 106 by the time I get to my goal weight of 195. UGH :unsure:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Is there an option to enter your own food? I use Calorie King, and they have t hat option. Most stuff has nutritional info on the back.

I also read today on my Ck that if you guesstimate what you're eating, you're probably eating more, therefore not getting an accurate calorie count.

Yes, there's an option to enter your own food :) My other reply might've gone through as you were typing your post. lol

I wanted to loose a pound a week and started off pretty good, got from 296 down to 274 but then over the holidays gained two pounds. I just weighed today and was 275 so at this rate I will be about 106 by the time I get to my goal weight of 195. UGH :unsure:

2 lbs gained over the holidays isn't bad at all! :) And yeah, it will seem to take a long time, but you've already lost 20 lbs! And a pound a week is great, healthy progress. It'll be worth it! You could have your goal reached within a year and a 1/2. :) Think back to a year and a 1/2 ago and where you were then!

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes, sparkpeople lets you enter your own food. I guesstimate stuff like veggies, because it's hard to accurately measure how much I throw into my eggs, for example. There is just not enough time to measure everything. It also has a pretty cool database of food recipes, even for vegetarians (Yay!).

@ Darnell: Yuck, how do you stand eating just that? Especially steamed tofu? I'm a vegetarian myself, but can't stand tofu unless it's marinated and cooked to firm. Have you thought about eating edamamme? Same protein, same ingredient, but tastes way better imo.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.