Peachey

Weight loss support

277 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ths wi be my second time on WW since 2007. when I initially began, I was over 260 nd a size 26 and I am only 5'2! I fell off the wagon so to speak dut=ring my divorce and even more so last year with the immigration stress...but I am back on track and doing well!! (23 lbs gone so far this round!!!) I broke through the 200's (JUST!!!) and my 16's are starting to get loose!!!

My short term goal is to not stress out too much and worry more about how I feel than what I weigh...(easier said than done)

nd my long term is t be the healthiest Grammie I can be by the time my daughter is due...and I would LOVE to be wearing a size 10~!~(which is do-able...I can get into a 14...I JUST CANNOT BREATHE!!)

April 8, 2007- Met on-line playing World of Warcraft...Me a troll he a Tauren

10/11/2008 Married in Lakewood Washington

USCIS

12/08/2008 CR-1/I-130 mailed

12/19/2008 NOA1

03/09/2009 NOA2

03/09/2009 I-130 approved

NVC

03/19/2009 NVC case # generated

09/25/2009 Completed at NVC

01/11/2010 Interview Assigned..flight and hotel booked same day.

01/20/2010 Medical in Vancouver....no issues reported

02/05/2010 Interview in Montreal..APPROVED..with a few tears at the end!!

02/11/2010 POE...Peace Arch or PAC

thm_thm_php8UO03s.jpg

event.png

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I really recommend the sparkpeople.com site. I joined up last year when people here first started talking about losing weight because I had gained 20 pounds since I had moved to the US. They have a system where you can actually write in exactly what you do eat and how much and it will provide the calories count for you. I was able to keep my daily calories around 1000 and I actually didn't feel deprived or anything. I basically just cut back on what I did eat portion size, ate lightly during the day - not a big breakfast or lunch; read labels to eliminate anything with HFCS and tried to have lower fat levels (not always fat free, though), and really only ate when I felt hungry instead of 'munching' because stuff is there. As I have type 1 diabetes I was able to use my glucometer to chart my blood glucose levels. If I wasn't hungry and my blood sugars were fine I didn't eat until I did feel hungry or blood sugar levels dropped. I lost 15 pounds fairly quickly and then stabilized until last fall and have since lost another 5 pounds. I am back to the weight I was when I arrived here - and I would like to lose maybe another 5 pounds maximum. I have gone from a size 12 to a size 8 and I feel a whole lot better. The controlling portion size and only eating when hungry approach seemed to work for me. Keeping count on calories through sparkpeople.com really helped me feel positive about my daily progress as well. http://www.sparkpeople.com/ It's coming up to a year now and so far so good - except I needed to get new clothes to wear. Fortunately Good Will is my favourite clothing store!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Thank you so much Kathryn!

Just the kind of site I'm looking for.

I just did the wii fit for an hour again.

My heart is still beating a bit fast, I need to push myself like that more often when doing free run.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

I'm in too! I am doing Weight Watchers and am down about 10 pounds so far. I go to the meetings to weigh in for the accountability factor and then I use the online system to chart what I have been eating. My problem is that I am a stress eater. Before I met my husband, I had been exercising regularly and eating well and was very happy with my appearance and level of fitness. Then, we moved to NH and lived out of an RV for 4 months, mostly eating out or eating burgers and hot dogs on a campfire. Plus, we were then doing the immigration thing and I know I was stress eating when he was gone. So, I probably gained about 70 pounds from when he first met me. Before our church wedding, I got my act together and started the healthy lifestyle again and dropped about 35 pounds. Then I got pregnant. I did wonderfully during pregnancy and kept attending WW meetings for motivation (even though you cannot do the program when pregnant as you should not be trying to diet then). I focused during pregnancy on eating healthy foods and exercising ... and gained maybe 20 pounds during the whole thing. It was after Declan was born and he had his health issues that I ended up stress eating AGAIN and gained back the weight I had lost. Things are still hella stressful right now (hubby been unemployed for almost 2 years and now is in school) ... but I am really focusing on not turning to food when stressed.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

I am doing Weight Watchers and am down about 10 pounds so far.

I did Weight Watchers too after my stopping nursing with my first baby. I was pretty happy with it and it helped me shed those extra lbs that went on when I forgot that I wasn't eating for two anymore. Doing it again right now but having a harder time shedding the weight b/c I keep injuring myself and not getting in the physical activity.

Edited by neiks

John and I just got home from our first Tae Kwon Do lesson, and OMG, I am so sore, but I feel soooooooooooo good!

I'm on an endorphin (sp?) high! I LOVE it!

John, not so much right, just because he's not used to the working out, even though he's a healthy weight.

But, this is why we're doing this together :)

I'm going back tomorrow, and then we'll go together on Friday so that John will get his 2 classes in for the week.

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I love sparkpeople and used it religiously when I was losing weight last year.

I need to break my snacking habits!!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay Peachey for starting the thread!

My short term goals:

1. Lose 15 pounds before vacation (May 13) and DEFINITELY before the WIL's wedding

2. Have sexy, toned arms because they are not sexy at all

Long term goal:

MAINTAIN the weight that I lose -- I lose weight easily and put it back on just as fast, and even more

Right now Im eating normally but Ive basically cut off processed foods from my diet (well, I have pigged out since getting stuck at the in-laws' due to the snow in Baltimore). I also try to run a total of 8-10 miles a day. Ive slacked since the snow storm, but Im going back on the treadmill tomorrow!

My work also offers fitness workouts for free, so I want to add those on top of my regular runs. And when my chiro clears my neck injury, I am definitely going to lift weights again.

Edited by darkchilde794

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

oOo i like this thread.

i don't really want to lose any BUT

short term goal - 5 pounds

long term - keep it off especially in the winter time.

now that i can run again i would love to start that and since i live in the country now i want to get a bike and also do more hiking ^_^yay for staying active

..The time line ..

04/04/2007 met in person

22/10 2008 engaged

29/03/2009 I-129F Sent

06/04/2009 money order cashed

13/04/2009 I-129F NOA1

20/07/2009 NOA2 petition approved

08/12/2009 Packet 3 Received

08/13/2009 Packet 3 Sent

09/14/2009 Medical Toronto

06/11/2009 interview PASSED!

15/11/2009 Visa Rcvd

14/02/2010 POE Sault Ste Marie ON

26/03/2010 Married

AOS

05/10/2010 mailed

05/17/2010 check cashed

05/21/2010 NOA1 rcvd

06/15/2010 Biometrics(Grand Rapids MI)

08/20/2010 interview (approved)

ROC

08/21/2012

10/13/2012 biometric

waiting

Ok, Ive banned scales from my house.. but as per my medical...

current weight 185lbs

target weight 150

plan to lose 10lbs in 2 months (by my daughters birthday May 24th)

and plan to lose the whole 35 by xmas..

Slow going I know, but I dont want to set ultra high standards and lose my optimism :)

(Oh, Im 5'7" by the way)

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I know this is Canada forum, but hopefully you all don't mind if I join in... I could use some support!

I'm at 160 pounds, and while that's not "huge" it's the heaviest I've ever been. I gained 10-15 pounds of it since last fall, and the other 20 creeped in over the last 5 years. I miss feeling healthy, lean, and fitting into my clothes. My husband and I have been struggling financially, so we can't afford a lot of the healthier foods. It's made it really hard. It didn't help that my last temp job involved an hour commute and sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day. 10/hours a day sitting was not good!

Short term goal: 10 pounds by March 30 (150 pound weight)

Long term goal: 130 pound weight by end of the year or size 6 again.

Eating goals: Cut out the fats where I can (cheese, oils, etc), cut snacks, no more junk food. I allow myself one or two hard candies a day to stave off the sugar cravings. Wish I had the money to afford whole grain stuff and more veggies, but it all costs too much. The other problem is my husband tends towards being underweight, so I really struggle to make cheap meals for our different needs.

Workout goal: 5x/week. My workouts vary between Wii Fit (I like using my wrist weights with the boxing for cardio), Wii Active Fit (I can't do the 30 day challenge, I've failed 3 times now because it reuses the same muscle groups), and Dance Dance Revolution. Tried running/jogging and my hip joints incapacitate me for days after I try.

Any tips or advice are always welcomed!!

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Welcome to the topic all you non Canadians :)

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Welcome to the topic all you non Canadians :)

Lol, the SA flag is because currently that is my Citizenship status... Im a Canadian PR.. immigrating to States... long story, was happily almost canadian until I met my US hubby..

And now I forgot the point of my ramble...

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

I use www.calorieking.com to track what I eat. I assume it's like spark people.

Does sparkpeople have calorie counts for foods at restaurants too?

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

I like P-90x a lot - it mirrors some special 'military exercise' that I had, in my youth. I understood the concept of muscle confusion, from way back then. I like it mostly because of the fat burning - i've a lot of muscle, but it's still buried.

I want, and I need, to 'be ripped' - so this program made a lot of sense to me, to use it.

I have had to 'shift a bit' because of my cracked tailbone, but mostly, I'm keeping up with everything.

About a year before I cracked my tailbone :D I had dropped 100 pounds in 5 months, with diet and exercise, got down to my youthful bantam weight, so I feel confident (even with this cracked tailbone) that I can do it again. Ya, I got checked out with a doctor, but I made sure he was a kineseologist specialty, too, before getting the exam.

A cracked tailbone sucks, though. No more horse riding, motorcycle, blah blah.

Where can i buy or get P-90X. I need to lose at least 80 lbs. Please let me know how I can get P-90X.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.