Peachey

Weight loss support

277 posts in this topic

I'm going to try and cut out death syrup (HFCS) out of my diet. It's gonna be hard because that stuff is in EVERYTHING!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really set very high standards for myself, sooo....

Short term goal: 5 lbs by March 31st

Long term goal: 30 lbs by the end of the year

I do the Wii fit daily for an hour, but the thing gets so fickle with my weight that I feel like I'm not losing any weight at all. It's really discouraging. I've been trying to start out a bit slow, since I havnt gotten real exersise since grade 9 gym class.... but I thought I would have lost something by now seeing as I've been doing this since I got married.

I do have a huge problem with snacking though. I've already cut way down but it still haunts me :wacko:

Keep at it, it will come off!

It's hard to change eating habits, and it's almost impossible for most people to change it overnight. But small changes do add up :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not trying to lose any weight per se. I want to get fit. I ride the bike on a trainer everyday for 30 mins & do some sit-ups.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Well, I had been doing the WW online thing starting last June, and lost about 15lbs....then my hours at work were cut back, and I became very stressed. I am a stress eater.

I gained it all back, and then some.

So now, I'm back with the WW online, when the pop that's in the house is gone, that's it, no more, just water from then on.

And John and I start our 3-year commitment to Tae Kwon Do tonight. They want you there a minimum of 2 times a week, but I'm aiming for 3x. Plus I will continue with hockey, as will John (of course I married the skinny boy who can eat anything and won't gain a pound *evil*)

I'm hoping to eventually get back to my fit hockey days of 175lbs, so with TKD and eating better, I may just get there again! :)

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm prolly not the right audience for this thread, but what the heck:

Pre-pregnancy weight: 105 lbs

Short-term goal: gain 1 lb per week for the next 27 weeks

Peak-pregnancy weight: 135 lbs

Post-pregnancy weight = back to my pre-pregnancy weight

How: Eat healthy food more frequently, with the occasional cravings of sweets, whenever I'm hungry. Walk a block a day. Maybe do some Preggo-Yoga when I feel like getting off my #######.

:-)

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

I would like to lose 25 pounds by the end of the year.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Timeline

I'm hovering around 200 the last I checked... I'd like to get down to the 185-190 range by May, and down below 175 before the end of the summer, just to get down out of the "overweight" category on the ol' BMI chart. I got Wii Fit for my birthday a year ago, but fell off the wagon a few months later. Thinking of getting the $20 add-on Wii Fit Plus, since it's so cheap (compared to the original game) if you already have a Wii Balance Board.

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

I lost a lot of weight from being sick right after giving birth to my son. Barely ate for 2 weeks, was nursing and living off gartorade. Not fun way to lose weight and it did eventually come back. Was back to pre-pregnancy weight while nursing but always packed the pounds on after I was done nursing. So jumped on the treadmill was doing good and then over did it one day and injured my knee. Was off any physical activity for 3 weeks. OMG, the pounds started adding on. All my clothes were getting super tight and had the "muffin top" coming out the top of my jeans. Started weight watchers online and joined the only gym in town (a curves type circuit) but they had an eliptical that is easier on my knee. Was going to gym at least 2 times a week to work on eliptical and do the "circuit". Although I get bored with the "circuit" and the "grannyness" of it. Walked on treadmill at home with my new Shape-up sketchers twice a week for 40-60 minutes. Did good in my first two weeks - dropped 6 lbs. Then while bending over to take the laundry out of the dryer I did something to my back. My husband asked what was wrong with me - I'm just falling apart. So after a week off, resting my back I started back at the gym today.

Usually, it's about 5 - 10lbs of "vanity" weight I want to lose but after the ballooning after hurting my knee I need to lose 15-20. First time in my life I have been at an "unhealthy" weight for my BMI. Plus I refuse to have to go out and buy bigger jeans!

I want to lose but after the ballooning after hurting my knee I need to lose 15-20. First time in my life I have been at an "unhealthy" weight for my BMI.

I hear ya! I hurt my knee in Oct 2007 playing hockey (first time in nearly 20 years as a goalie did I have a knee injury) and it took almost a year to heal (torn cartalidge).

I gained most of my weight not being able to do anything because of it.

I hate the way I look, as I've never been this heavy. Glad I'm doing something about it, by becoming more active again.

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I find it interesting that so many people have mentioned losing weight and then gaining it all back. Maybe you have all heard it before haha but unless people are willing to change the way they eat for life, most people's weight will yo yo all their life. How many people eat as close to nature as possible? I am intersted to know.

I love being a Canadian.

Timeline
I can easily lose two pounds a day on average by not eating. I fasted three times in my life so far, the last time 21 days, only drinking water and tea. The first 3 or 4 days are hard, but after a week you get into a high that will last for as long as your body is okay with it. When you feel hunger again, it's time to stop.

Erm yeah..also going to jump in and say not a good idea. I tried fasting a few months ago and my stomache started to bleed.

Cut your calories, break a sweat and you'll start seeing a difference.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline

Maybe joining in a bit. I need to lose about 50# post-bedrest, post-baby weight that I never got rid of after my son's birth in May 2008.

I am doing my stasis thing right now, which I hate. Whenever something big in my life is on hold (in this case, waiting for visa approval after refusal for domicile), I stop pretty much EVERYTHING until it is resolved. It's anxiety/depression, I know.

K

DCF Timeline (approximate):

submitted I-130 May 2009

received approval June 2009

submitted DS-230 and checklist July 2009

interview Nov 4, 2009 (IR-1, 221g refusal, domicile)

submitted additional domicile proof December 15, 2009

Received IR-1 Visa Approval: February 26, 2010

Sidelined: emergency surgery!

Anticipated POE date: May 19, 2010

I find it interesting that so many people have mentioned losing weight and then gaining it all back. Maybe you have all heard it before haha but unless people are willing to change the way they eat for life, most people's weight will yo yo all their life. How many people eat as close to nature as possible? I am intersted to know.

Yes, I agree eating naturally is probably the best idea. It should look the way it comes out of the ground when you eat it.

But people can't just drop everything and start on that right away. If you do that you will get cravings and one day will eat 10 cupcakes and a large order of bacon cheese fries. This is why I'm allowing myself one meal/week to indulge. Probably not a 2000 calorie meal, but I might get the melted cheese or something, just to satisfy the craving.

I just finished my 45 minutes on the treadmill and for supper I'm having:

Baked pork chop with apple slices on top

1 cup of california blend veggies

1/2 cup of potatoes roasted with a little bit of olive oil

Total Calories: 350 :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am in for this!! My short term goal is to lose 10lbs by the time of my interview at the end of March. My long term goal is to lose 35lbs. My goal date is the beginning of June. I find that if I watch what I eat....cutting out the drive thru's and little snacks and by running I am able to lose weight fairly easily. The only thing is that it is so HILLY here that I have a hard time getting out and running. There is no such thing as going out for a short easy run in N. Georgia!!! I have been going to the gym 3-4 times per week and working out with a trainer 2x per week, and going swimming once every other week (the pool is about 30mi from here, so not too convienient). I am also used to running with a group of friends, and that helped motivate you on days you really didn't feel like it....I think we ran for as much of the social aspect as the fitness!! But I haven't really been able to meet too many people since I have been here, and it is not like they have a local Running Room where you can just pop in for a group run!!

But with my interview, POE and Wedding coming up in the next 3-4 months....I need to get my butt in gear!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.