Peachey

Weight loss support

277 posts in this topic

UGH Ive already cut down on all of those and Im still fat! :crying: SIGH. I guess the only solution is to exercise *shudder* or eat salads every meal *SHUDDER*

You are not fat! I saw you last night! I've seen fat people, and you are not one of them!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
UGH Ive already cut down on all of those and Im still fat! :crying: SIGH. I guess the only solution is to exercise *shudder* or eat salads every meal *SHUDDER*

Also, if you can, do some sit up's and push up's every morning. Always work out in the morning, that's when you burn fat the most. :)

Good luck!

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Just finished playing with the Wii, and man, even though you don't feel like you're doing much, I worked up a sweat! :lol:

Trying to find the Wii Fit Plus bundle has been a challenge! No one has them in stock.

So I picked up the Wii Sports Resort yesterday and have been playing that all day. Even John (who said the Wii was for me and he would never play it) has been playing and getting mad when it beats him :lol:

More TKD tonight, hoping I get my belt so that I don't feel 'naked' anymore (our school starts you off with no belt).

I haven't felt this good (or this sore!) in a long time, and boy have I missed it!

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was bad this weekend, but not as bad as I have been.

Didn't work out at all and had McDonald's on Sunday (but not a full meal). I had some crazy back pain yesterday so I didn't really feel like working out.

Back to the regular scheduled program this week. I just realized one of my favorite tops that i just bought last August doesn't fit!! Ugh. I really need to lose weight so that I ccan wear all my pretty and fun spring clothes.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

So, the past couple weeks at Weight Watchers, I haven't lost at all, even though I have been staying within my points. But people have been commenting that I look thinner, so I guess maybe I have converted some fat to muscle or something like that :) Hoping I have a loss this week though.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
You are not fat! I saw you last night! I've seen fat people, and you are not one of them!

Aww you are so sweet :) My BMI does say I am fat. And I have to attend the witch's wedding in June, not to mention go to Florida in May, so I just have to look hot! ;)

I havent been very careful about eating. I have been running a minimum of 3.5k every other day. Once I get the exercise set, I am going to start paying attention to what I eat.

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

darkchilde, you are tiny! If you're fat, then I'm obese.

And I just found out, after swearing off chocolate...my skin cleared up.

I want chocolate. =(

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline

I want chocolate. =(

Oh Bern thank you :) I DO think I need to lose weight. And I am fat for my size, Im only 4'11! (or 4'10!)

If youre gonna have chocolates, have the really good kind. The regular chocolates now (even Lindts and the high end brands) have so many additives that can cause break outs. I think Godiva might still be good, but its super pricey. However, there is a lot of sugar in chocolates and that can cause skin problems too!

Im so glad the weather's been really nice this week. Tonight the hubby and I are gonna run in the park for the first time since moving in our neighborhood. Hopefully good weather like this would encourage us to be more active... being in the gym is kind of boring :P

Removal of Conditions:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I got on a scale today for the first time in a few months and :blink:

The sad part is that I feel like I've actually lost some weight in the past couple weeks. My pants are looser :lol: So, its a good thing I didn't step on a scale before, I probably would have cried. I almost cried today.

But no more feeling bad for myself! I'm a woman on a mission ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I want chocolate. =(

I agree. Denial diets don't work anyway, since they're not sustainable. Lifestyle changes are better. Eat your chocolate, just control your portions. I have no control over sweets if I see them, so I have my husband hide them from me until I want a little. He brings me a few pieces and I feel better. No more binging on junk. Also, I do find that better quality chocolate makes me want to eat less, because it is just soooo intense. 70% or 80% cocoa. Not many people can eat a lot of that at once, but a little is so yummy!

The other thing about chocolate... it can improve your mood (clicky here for explanation)! So a little is really not so bad.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Timeline

Si and I just joined a gym in town here on the weekend, so we are aiming to go pretty much everyday for at least an hour. It looks like they have some pretty good classes, so I can't wait to try some of those. My back has really been bothering me (and my knees) so I think I seriously need to get into some yoga to help with my flexability because I think that is a big portion of what is causing my pain. I have my first of 6 personal trainer sessions tomorrow...so hopefully that will help out a bit too!

Timeline

I have been meaning to attend this weights class during lunch hour and I finally did it today. God, am I sore. I accidentally picked up a 15 pound bar and used it for what she calls "hinges" in the class (bending down and bringing the bar up to your chest, etc) and I can barely move my arms. We also did so many frigging lunges and that on top of running has caused my thighs to be so sore!

Well, no pain, no gain!

Removal of Conditions:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Guys, what happened to our weight loss thread??? Where are my peeps fighting off the ugly lb's with me???

And while Im typing this, Im wondering where the baby thread is too :P

Anyhow, finally got my exercise routine back. Been running 5k 2-3 times a week and have started running 8k on Saturdays. I wish I can improve on my stamina though... it takes me an hour to finish an 8k run as I lose wind by the 6th kilometer. Ive also started attending the weekly weight classes offered at work.

I havent looked at any scales but notice that I have been fitting in my clothes better!

Removal of Conditions:

• 3 months later...
Timeline

hi, remember this thread ;p not to torture anyone but the last post was in march. i was wondering if everyone or if anyone is still keeping on track?

i've had a lot of adjustments to make food-wise because of the selection in the small area that i live in. i find i have to read the labels more intensively. i'm REALLY trying hard to kick this sugar, more specifically chocolate addiction that i suffer from. my mom who is a personal fitness trainer told me to eat more nuts or even to mix almonds, pecans, raisins and a few dark chocolate chips together to have for "desert" or snacks. it seems to be working, i don't have these massive i want to kill someone if i don't get chocolate cravings anymore. My mom says its the extra protein that helps, but i don't know.

aside from cutting down the sweets and controlling portion sizes i've been biking 10 miles once every two weeks and 6 miles every week. i try to walk at a decent speed for at least 30 mins every night too.

i don't have huge goals, i just want to tone up and maintain my weight, maybe prepare for the little bit i always gain in the winter time.

i hope everyone is keeping up with their fitness goals, especially since coming to America, the high fructose corn syrup capital of the world

..The time line ..

04/04/2007 met in person

22/10 2008 engaged

29/03/2009 I-129F Sent

06/04/2009 money order cashed

13/04/2009 I-129F NOA1

20/07/2009 NOA2 petition approved

08/12/2009 Packet 3 Received

08/13/2009 Packet 3 Sent

09/14/2009 Medical Toronto

06/11/2009 interview PASSED!

15/11/2009 Visa Rcvd

14/02/2010 POE Sault Ste Marie ON

26/03/2010 Married

AOS

05/10/2010 mailed

05/17/2010 check cashed

05/21/2010 NOA1 rcvd

06/15/2010 Biometrics(Grand Rapids MI)

08/20/2010 interview (approved)

ROC

08/21/2012

10/13/2012 biometric

waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.