v333k

Selective Service - can't find card

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I did register during my AOS for selective service, and I was looking for it trying to make sure I have all items for N-400 (although I am not eligible until 6 months from now). I have been going through all the files I have but I can't seem to find my selective service registration card. I know that I put it somewhere safe but at the moment I can't remember where and I want to know what is the process to replace the card in case I don't find it?

thanks

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi all,

I did register during my AOS for selective service, and I was looking for it trying to make sure I have all items for N-400 (although I am not eligible until 6 months from now). I have been going through all the files I have but I can't seem to find my selective service registration card. I know that I put it somewhere safe but at the moment I can't remember where and I want to know what is the process to replace the card in case I don't find it?

thanks

you can go to sss.gov and look up your status

YMMV

you can go to sss.gov and look up your status

Thanks!

By the way, I saw they have a link to change address with selective service, are we required to do that every time we move or that is done when we update address at USCIS?

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks!

By the way, I saw they have a link to change address with selective service, are we required to do that every time we move or that is done when we update address at USCIS?

USCIS change of address is for USCIS purposes only.... information is not shared across agencies

YMMV

USCIS change of address is for USCIS purposes only.... information is not shared across agencies

I guess I am able to answer my own questions here, here is a quote from their website:

If you move, let us know!

After he registers, a man is required to notify Selective Service within ten days of any changes to any of the information he provided on his registration card, like a change of address. He must report changes until January 1 of the year he turns 26.

I moved after I am 26 so maybe I am in the clear here.... :thumbs:

I guess I want to reiterate my original question, can I request a new card?

Edited by v333k

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I guess I am able to answer my own questions here, here is a quote from their website:

I moved after I am 26 so maybe I am in the clear here.... :thumbs:

I guess I want to reiterate my original question, can I request a new card?

My three sons never got a selective service card, I sure got a draft card I was forced to carry with me like a green card. Are they actually issuing selective service cards now? They just had to register. In reality, this whole program is a farce, certainly recall that $10,000 fine if you don't register, but they knew exactly where my boys were. And apparently the USCIS makes a big issue out of it. I gained a daughter in my marriage, didn't have that problem, but wonder why they are leaving the girls out of this program. Four young girls that I personally know are in or have been in Iraq already.

My three sons never got a selective service card, I sure got a draft card I was forced to carry with me like a green card. Are they actually issuing selective service cards now? They just had to register. In reality, this whole program is a farce, certainly recall that $10,000 fine if you don't register, but they knew exactly where my boys were. And apparently the USCIS makes a big issue out of it. I gained a daughter in my marriage, didn't have that problem, but wonder why they are leaving the girls out of this program. Four young girls that I personally know are in or have been in Iraq already.

I remember receiving a 3x4 sized card with my selective service number. It wasn't the normal size of card but I was wondering because someone wrote that they asked to see it during his N-400 interview and he presented it to the IO.

Just want to make sure that something this simple is not going to hinder my process....

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.