Pman's Wife

Lagos Delay: 221(g)

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

221g is a good thing in Nigeria at this point. Because of the high number of fraudulent marriages they are doing more homework at the embassy level. This is way better then a straight out denial.

221g is becoming more common and really is just another part of the process. 221g means that you passed the interview but there are areas they want to further investigate.

Check out the AP tracker thread. Congressman and woman can not do anything to speed up AP.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Elighten one

Thanks for the info. However, I understand the consulates respond to congressional inquiries within 48 hours. This helped ensure that the case is touched as opposed to just sitting on the shelf collecting dust. I want my case active. I want Lagos to know people in the US care about Mr. Pman's file. I got an update today and I'm ready to progress to the next step.

*Also, I have a friend on here who had a congressional inquiry quickly turn a denial into a 2nd interview. Do not doubt the power of the inquiries. They can be very helpful in obtaining answers and sparking progress. I highly recommend it! Helping constituents deal with federal agencies is a core representative service -- one I will surely keep in mind at election time.

221g is a good thing in Nigeria at this point. Because of the high number of fraudulent marriages they are doing more homework at the embassy level. This is way better then a straight out denial.

221g is becoming more common and really is just another part of the process. 221g means that you passed the interview but there are areas they want to further investigate.

Check out the AP tracker thread. Congressman and woman can not do anything to speed up AP.

NVC:

2009-09-11 - NVC received.

2009-12-17 - Case complete e-mail message, sign in failed on website and AVR... YAY!

2009-12-17 - Waiting for an appointment assignment...

2009-12-29 - Interview assigned: February 11, 2010!

2010-01-06 - Case forwarded to consulate.

Consulate:

2010-01-12 - Medical exam part 1 of 2 complete.

2010-01-26 - Medical exam part 2 of 2 complete. Ouchie!

2010-02-11 - Interview results: Administrative Processing 221(g) :-(

2010-04-27 - 2nd interview results: Approved :-)

2010-05-04 - Visa in hand!

2010-05-08 - POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.