Shane0210

Question of the context of hardship in K1

105 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hardship is not an option as you would like to believe. You either need a hardship waiver or you don't, in which case, you would not need to enquire about it. Not wanting to travel or travelling being an inconvenience is no basis for a waiver. Whatever your reasons to not travel till now do not sound like they will qualify you for a waiver. The question is -

Are you incapacitated to qualify to apply for a waiver? If not then its not an option and a visit to the Phillipines is your only option.

I never said it was, and I'm not gong to comment on it further. Since I never gave reasons to begin with.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope your GF is aware of the chances of her getting to be with you and getting to the US and won't be to shook up if you guys can't get the visa.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
I hope your GF is aware of the chances of her getting to be with you and getting to the US and won't be to shook up if you guys can't get the visa.

If that doesn't get her too shook up maybe the fact that I'm 900 pounds, hooked up to 10 machines, foaming at the mouth, and with 30 days to live will. No, we are aware, and I haven't shared any details on here.

Note: Sarcasm

Edited by shane7721237

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Actually Shane...

If your post above were true you would probably qualify for the waiver.... :whistle:

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: Timeline

If you come asking for advice on a public forum then be open to the advice you are going to get. Oh, and 30 days to live will not be good for your petition (not enough time) also I need to question what is your GF getting out of this relationship with you? definately not a life time of love and commitment, maybe a GC. :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

does this thread need to be closed down?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I don't see why it would need to be.

No recommendations to evade US Immigration (or any other) Laws.

No personal attacks.

Not straying too far from the original question.

Sure it was a little rough for a while but I think it's cooled off and the Op got a lot of great info to boot!

It sure does Charles. No need to continue this. Great advice has already been give here. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I would think that is either your decision or the OP's decision, and not anyone else's.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
If that doesn't get her too shook up maybe the fact that I'm 900 pounds, hooked up to 10 machines, foaming at the mouth, and with 30 days to live will. No, we are aware, and I haven't shared any details on here.

Note: Sarcasm

Hey, are you that guy from Mexico I seen on TV?? They were driving you around on back of a flatbed truck? You know, technically-as far as USCIS is concerned, if you can travel around on back of that truck, you meet the definition of being able to travel and therefore you can travel to see your girl. :thumbs:

But USCIS, even expedited, can't get you through in 30 days. So, you'll likely not live through the process.

Just getting in before the door shuts closed. :whistle:

~Johnny~

Timeline
If you come asking for advice on a public forum then be open to the advice you are going to get. Oh, and 30 days to live will not be good for your petition (not enough time) also I need to question what is your GF getting out of this relationship with you? definately not a life time of love and commitment, maybe a GC. :whistle:

It's none of your business, and that is really uncalled for.

Thanks again to everyone. I don't know anything about threads, but go ahead and close it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
also I need to question what is your GF getting out of this relationship with you? definately not a life time of love and commitment, maybe a GC.

That in my opinion was out of line, uncalled for, none of your business, and in no way relevant to the original topic. That WAS a personal attack unlike so many of the other posts here.

OP, I hope you two are able to resolve the issue and if you want to be together you will make it happen. If I can go to Scotland on a 2 day old severe back sprain where I could barely walk(as in severe enough that 7 months later I am still getting treatment) and carry my own luggage up and down stairs in train terminals, while stoned out of my mind on pain killers, you can make it happen. How much do you both WANT IT? ;)

There might be some other ways to "get around" saving for the ticket. Perhaps you could purchase a prepaid Visa/credit card, and each month add money to it in order to keep your checking account under the required balance. I am quite familiar with the SSI/SSID issue, (due to an aunt with mental issues, and who is a double amputee below the knee...let me tell ya, she's a peach...) and there are always ways around it. Anyway, the pre-paid credit card is one way I could see that you do not let your checking account go over a certain amount each month and save for your trip.

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

In before the lock, for which it highly appears time, si man.

For the record (and re JimVa's earlier comment), I realized immediately that the OP's "hand" comment could be interpreted literally or figuratively, and I literally figured that it could be either, si man. I am glad that the matter was resolved, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country:
Timeline
It's none of your business, and that is really uncalled for.

Shane, I agree that question was uncalled for.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thread closed at the OP's request

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.