Shane0210

Question of the context of hardship in K1

105 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I don't have a "hand" problem. I appreciate your response JimVaPhuong but I do not need to be lectured on compatibility.

Ok, others apparently caught that you were using the word "hand" figuratively. I thought you literally had a problem with your hand. Sorry I misunderstood.

I wasn't trying to lecture you. You've given only basic information in your posts, and since I don't know you personally I do not know if this is something you've considered. As I said in my post, people whose relationships have train wrecked after they met don't post on this forum because they never end up applying for a fiancee visa. What you WILL read on this forum are stories of people who spent only a few days with their fiancees before sending the petition, and their relationships fell apart after a few weeks or months of actually living together. I've spent over a year, both as a member and lurking this forum, and I've read dozens of those stories. Each time I read one of these stories it made me stop and think "How well do I really know this girl?" Reading about the bad experiences of others caused me to rethink my relationship in ways I would have never considered, and in the end I was more confident than ever that I was doing the right thing. People here are offering you advice with the best of intentions. You don't have to follow any of it, but at least be courteous enough to accept it in the spirit in which it was offered. Remember that we don't know you, so when someone says "Have you thought about this?" you can say "Yes, I've thought about that and it's not a problem", rather than getting defensive as if we should have known that you'd already considered it.

You haven't told us the exact nature of your disability, so I will only reiterate what's already been said - in order to be successful in getting a waiver based on disability, your disability must be so severe that it's virtually impossible for you to travel by any means. The term lawyers use is "incapacitated". You can evaluate your own situation to determine if this describes you, and if you think you can adequately prove it to USCIS. Understand also that many people have tried to get this waiver, and very few have succeeded.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
This was answered for you many times over, by at least 2 posters in this thread. Please re-read the advice you have been given, carefully this time.

I'm 25 years old. When I see cases where the applicant has to get co-sponsor I think how he/she will support her/ his spouse, wedding, marriage, etc. BUT WHEN I SEE CASES WHERE THE APPLICANT CAN'T EVEN AFFORD THE AIR TICKET (AND I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF THOSE) I JUST CAN'T STAY QUIET.

shane7721237 with respect I'm tell you that you are not prepare to bring your future wife just yet. Disability is NOT the issue here. Money and stability are the real issue. With respect I'm telling you: If you can't even afford a single trip you can't afford the petition case you can't afford a wife.

That's your biggest problem right now, get this problem resolve then you can move to the next one.

Edited by edward toro

USCIS Journey

I-130 Filed: 04-01-2009

NOA1: 04-09-2009

I-130 Approved on Nov 19, 2009

NVC Journey Dec. 2009

Dec 4: wife's case was entered at NVC

Jan 08: Sing in failed......wow thanks GOD. Jan 11: CASE COMPLETE TOTAL TIME 24 BUSINESS DAYS OR 38 CALENDAR DAYS FOR CASE COMPLETE.

Feb 5: Interview date scheduled. Interview on March 23, 2010

Embassy Journey 1.0

March 23, 2010: Interview date. Wife placed on AP, Baby required new birth cert.

April 21, 2010: Wife out of AP she needs to get an approved I-212 from USCIS, Baby birth cert. issue resolved.

I-212 Waiver @ USCIS Journey

May 10, 2010: Filed form I-212

Sept. 9, 2010: I-212 Approved

Embassy Journey 2.0

Sept. 22, 2010 New Interview date.

Sept 22, 2010 VISA APPROVED.

Waiting for visa to arrive at Cali-Colombia.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

"az110965 I am not looking for advice on my relationship, and in my opinion that "insight" is out of place. Thanks, but no thanks".

As I stated Shane - you're a big boy, quite capable of making your own decisions. You know what is best for you and even though some of us (me included) have personal knowledge about the pitfalls of making a comittment based only on online relationships, you're going to do what you're going to do.

The good news is that you don't have to convince any of us fellow VJ'ers that you have a bonafied relationship - however you will have to convince the Consulate if it ever gets that far.

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Out of the 3 contexts I mentioned, I don't see where any were chosen. I re-read every post multiple times already, but it's not just about the advice.

Are you bed ridden?

If you can get around the chnces of a waiver are very very very low.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Shane,

You might want to check out http://immigrate2us.net

They specialize in hardship waivers, though most are for illegal entry bans and such I believe they have a section on medical issues.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Shane,

You might want to check out http://immigrate2us.net

They specialize in hardship waivers, though most are for illegal entry bans and such I believe they have a section on medical issues.

I have never seen one on there. Mostly Mexico and spouses who have travelled, not legally.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I will update my previous post to say that I do remember one case where the petitioner and beneficiary had not yet met. The petitioner joined this forum to get advice before making his first trip to meet his fiancee (what evidence to collect and save, etc.), since he was sure he would be filing the petition as soon as he returned. They had already developed a deep relationship, and were chatting online for several hours every day. His fiancee was in Vietnam.

Long story short - when they met face to face, his fiancee did a 180, and backed out. Apparently, he was a lot bigger than she'd imagined, and she didn't want to marry someone so much bigger than her. They had discussed this at length before they met, and both thought this potential problem had been resolved, but you don't really know if something is going to be a problem until you actually have to face it.

Now, this guy was fully prepared to make only one short trip to meet his fiancee. He was planning on having either an engagement ceremony or even a full blown wedding on that one trip. He was fully committed to doing this, and his fiancee was ready to make all of the arrangements. For cultural reasons related to Vietnam, we convinced him that this would be a mistake, and would blow up on him at the interview, so he decided to just visit on his first trip. The point is that if he could have gotten the visa without ever meeting his fiancee in person, he would definitely have done it.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline
I have never seen one on there. Mostly Mexico and spouses who have travelled, not legally.

You're right, not a section dedicated to it but there are several threads with users who have attempted hardship waivers on medical grounds. I didn't see anyone trying to waive the in person meeting requirement though.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't have a scheme, I'm not arguing any points endlessly or not, either. You still don't know what you are talking about with SSI.

I don't need to be lectured on my on my cultural understanding either. I'm not a whistle-blower. And still point being said, I'm not looking for relationship experience or advice. And I'm tired of being made out to look defensive. No need to reiterate anything I'll choose what I'm going to do with the input given.

Counter argument to all this is to let the OP file his petition with request for waiver and see where the chips may fall.

Then he shall have his answer as to a potential next step.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

A hardship waiver for the meeting within 2 years is almost impossible to obtain. Many have tried, 99.9% have failed. I have also seen people's K-1's be rejected because they met 2 years and one month prior to filing. It is very very clear.

You must have had a face to face meeting somewhere in the world within 2 years of filing. They don't care where or how all they care is that you meet this requirement.

As to the hardship, maybe if you could show that you are completely incapable of making any sort of a trip to any other country anywhere in the world for the remainder of your life, and I do mean incapable not just difficult and DUE to your disability and not to your finances and/or you can show that your fiance cannot travel to any country anywhere in the world at any time in her life to meet you THEN you might be able to get a waiver.

But you have to remember even if NVC approves your petition there is still the consulate interview to contend with. It is highly doubtful they will approve the fiance visa without very heavy loaded evidence of a relationship and even then very, very doubtful.

But if you want to file that is your right.

Edited by belinda63

I'm convinced some of you following this discussion are confusing SSI benefits with SSDI benefits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supplemental_Security_Income

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline
I don't have a scheme, I'm not arguing any points endlessly or not, either. You still don't know what you are talking about with SSI.

I don't need to be lectured on my on my cultural understanding either. I'm not a whistle-blower. And still point being said, I'm not looking for relationship experience or advice. And I'm tired of being made out to look defensive. No need to reiterate anything I'll choose what I'm going to do with the input given.

Tell you what, here's the advice you want so you'll listen to it.

With your Petition include a letter stating that you're seeking a Hardship Waiver on the in person meeting requirement based on the fact that you simply can't endure the flight to the Philippines and your girlfriend is so poor that she can't afford the trike fare to get to the bus terminal let alone have a chance of getting a Tourist Visa to visit you in the US.

Also ask them to waive the Petition Fees and all future Immigration Fees based on financial hardship. Be sure to include a nice spreadsheet of all of the money your uneducated girlfriend with no practical job skills will be able to earn once she's arrived in the US and has the benefit of your superior intellect.

Don't forget to mention that since you can't afford anything you also need your case expedited based on the medical & financial waivers so that you can get her her to start earning her keep as soon as possible.

Now since the US Government is full of kind-hearted individuals who don't care what the law says, you have a 99% chance of getting approved for these Waivers on your first try.

BACK TO REALITY:

===============================================

Yes you do have a scheme.

No you don't know everything there is to know about SSI.

Nobody lectured you on your Cultural understanding.

As there is no whistle to blow I agree that you are no a whistle-blower.

All of the advice given in the thread is good sound advice that a wise man would take into consideration.

You make yourself look defensive when you argue the same points endlessly despite the info provided to the contrary.

Timeline
I'm convinced some of you following this discussion are confusing SSI benefits with SSDI benefits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supplemental_Security_Income

Quite possible, maybe the difference is that the OP never worked so he gets more limited benefits from a different program whereas the 3 specific examples I listed have all worked in technical fields making a decent salary prior to becoming fully disabled.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.