4. my pix 2*2

5. Letter of Intent of mine

6. copy of my gf passport

7. her pix 2*2

8. Letter of Intent of hers

9. prof of relation

- 2 pixs of us togeter

- 1 plane ticket

2003-XX-XXX==> Start talking2004-14-Feb==> We're LuVeR.

2007-21-Jan==> First meeting(8 days)

2007-13-May==> Second meeting(21 days)

2007-24-Dec==> Third meeting(29 days)

2008-21-Aug==> Fourth meeting(32 days)

2009-26-Nov==> Fifth meeting(82 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've made up a checklist for the I-129F, if that's what you're filing. I'll share it. (I'm pretty positive it's accurate, I've been researching this for months, lol). It has not only the items you'll need, but I've also added any notes I've come across. If anyone is reading this and sees something wrong, please PLEASE correct me, it would be a great help.

For the evidence, you don't need to send in everything listed there because there is probably going to be some things you don't have. Just gather as much as you can. Just remember to do your own research, too, double check EVERYTHING.

Sorry it's long, haha.

---

CHECKLIST

for k-1 visa

IMPORTANT! Make TWO copies of the entire package before you send it in. This includes the cheques too. You want to have a perfect replica of the package you are sending in. All Forms you submit must be originals with original signatures. Supporting Evidence you submit may be photocopies. Retain ALL original supporting Evidence since the USCIS has the right to check them by issuing an RFE. If you receive an RFE, follow the directions exactly, and make two copies of what you sent bank. During any future interviews the USCIS may also want to examine the original supporting evidence.

Mark on the envelope of your action (I-129F).

K-1 PETITION

[ ]Payment

Payment amount $455 as of January 22nd, 2010. Make your check out to "Department of Homeland Security".

Your payment must be in U.S. dollars. Checks and money orders must be from U.S. institutions. Do not mail cash. Checks are accepted subject to collection.

[ ]Cover letter

Should include a description of what you are petitioning for (I-129F), and a table of contents (list everything in the packet).

If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet).

Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.

[ ]Form I-129F

Petition for Alien Fiance(e)

[ ]Form I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18

Declaration of how you met in person in the last two years.

This should be a single typed page attachment regarding question 18 of the I-129F.

Make sure to sign and date it.

[ ]Evidence of your US citizenship

Original and copy of the birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen

or

a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least five years

or

an original and copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back).

This is used to establish citizenship.

[ ]Form G-325A

Biographic Data Sheets.

Filled out by the US Citizen and foreign fiance(e), signed and dated.

If you are using a newer version of the G-325A it may only contain one page for Biographic Information.

Be sure to make four copies of the completed Biographic Information page to submit with the package.

[ ]Photograph

One passport-type photo of the US Citizen and foreign fiance(e).

Taken within 30 days of filing.

Write the full name of the US Citizen/foreign fiance(e) on the back.

Place in a plastic bag and label the bag, "Photo of (insert US Citizen/foreign fiance(e)'s name)".

Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G325A.

[ ]Intent to marry

Original statements (from both petitioner and beneficiary) certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1.

Sign and date.

First Intent to Marry should be addressed to USCIS.

[ ]Proof of meeting within last 2 years

Use as many of these items as possible. There is no minium, but the more you can provide the less likely you are to receive an RFE.

Copies of all airline tickets, boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts (or any receipts to prove you were there), passport stamps (make sure you can read the dates on the stamps), and other documentary evidence that you have met within the last two years. You may want to highlight or place post-it notes indicating the dates and locations on the copies (to make the adjudication easier) for the person reviewing your file.

Color photos of you and your fiance(e) together. Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. Provide two to five photos. If you only have a single copy of the photo, then make a color copy and send that. If it is a digital photo, have it printed at your local photo store. Place photos in a plastic bag or photo sheet and label the sheet. Note that you may not receive originals of photos back.

The following items will not typically show proof of having met in the last two years, however will show proof of an ongoing relationship. Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of the engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

[ ]Evidence of Mutual Intent

Wedding announcement, letters discussing wedding details, contracts for photography, catering, rented premises, dishes, flowers, other equipment, and musical entertainment, letter from religious leader who will perform the ceremony

---

Good luck!

Samantha (CANADA) and Daniel (USA)

[ ]Evidence of Mutual Intent

Wedding announcement, letters discussing wedding details, contracts for photography, catering, rented premises, dishes, flowers, other equipment, and musical entertainment, letter from religious leader who will perform the ceremony

---

Good luck!

For a K1? Not necessary...

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Actually, consulates often ask for proof that a wedding has been planned such as a booked venue, guest list, caterer's receipt etc. Seems silly because you can't really plan a wedding until you know the date for sure and if the intending groom/bride will be there for certain. But that's what they want. And you give them what they want.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline
For a K1? Not necessary...

Yeah, it says above that that type of proof won't prove that you've met within 2 years, I guess that's mostly for the interview or AOS or... whatever. I'm not sure yet, haha. It doesn't hurt, but it's not necessary.

Thanks. :)

Actually, consulates often ask for proof that a wedding has been planned such as a booked venue, guest list, caterer's receipt etc. Seems silly because you can't really plan a wedding until you know the date for sure and if the intending groom/bride will be there for certain. But that's what they want. And you give them what they want.

Lol, that's what I always thought. I don't understand it, but I want this to work, so they can have whatever their little hearts desire, lol.

Edited by Duders

This is true. It really boils down to the individual consulate. I know New Dehli is a P.I.T.A. for this kind of detail, compared to say London.

OP, I suggest reading and then posting if you can't find an answer in the regional forum for Thailand.

But just to re-confirm, unless your consulate is notorious for not accepting any additional evidence of relationship/ intent to marry at interview, it really doesn't need to be included with your initial I-129F petition. At this stage, all they're interested in is if you qualify to apply for a visa. You don't apply for the visa itself technically, until you've reached the consulate stage. That said, as I'm mentioned before, some consulates examine all evidence provided with the petition and some believe a decision on your visa application is made before the beneficiary has even stepped foot through the door for interview. And this is why good research into your individual consulate's 'quirks' is recommended...

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline
And this is why good research into your individual consulate's 'quirks' is recommended...

The consulate would be the one closest to me in my country, as the beneficiary, right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
The consulate would be the one closest to me in my country, as the beneficiary, right?

In countries with more than one US consulate, they often split up the visa processing services between the consulates. For example, in my wife's country of Vietnam the US Embassy in Hanoi does NO visa processing - it's all handled at the US consulate in Ho Chi Minh City. As far as I know, the US consulate in Vancouver handles K visas for beneficiaries in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, the Yukon and the Northwest Territories. The rest go to the US consulate in Montreal. Immigrant visas are all handled in Montreal.

Providing additional evidence that isn't required for a petition approval is a double edged sword. On the upside, it helps ensure that evidence you consider to be important WILL be seen by the consular officer, rather than hoping it will be asked for at the interview. On the downside, it's fodder for the CO in preparing interview questions, so the foreign beneficiary needs to thoroughly understand everything that was submitted with the petition. When you're dealing with a high fraud consulate, the risk of having a potentially damning question pulled from the evidence submitted with the petition is far outweighed by the risk of the consular officer pre-determining the fate of the visa application based on evidence seen before the interview, and which is too thin and/or doesn't adequately address any "red flags" in the case. With a low fraud consulate, there's a greater risk that too much front loaded evidence may do more damage than good. For example, if no evidence of wedding plans is presented beforehand, then the CO may ask questions about it at the interview, and if the answers are credible then he'll accept them. On the other hand, if the evidence is front loaded then the CO will already know the correct answer when the questions are asked, and the beneficiary will be graded on the accuracy of their answers.

Vancouver is not generally considered to be a particularly 'tough' consulate. I don't recall reading that people who interview in Vancouver should front load evidence of wedding plans, but I don't spend much time in the Canada regional forum. :blush:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline
Is it enuff yet?

1. copy of my Certificate of Naturalization

2. copy of my U.S. passport

3. I-129F or G-325A of us

4. my pix 2*2

5. Letter of Intent of mine

6. copy of my gf passport

7. her pix 2*2

8. Letter of Intent of hers

9. prof of relation

- 2 pixs of us togeter

- 1 plane ticket

Haha, kinda stole your topic, sorry. Hope this helps.

Edited by Duders

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.