MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 23)

4,872 posts in this topic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep count me in ladies...I would be there for an Y&R convention...I just want to fight Adam...he is so dang evil! :angry: The only other soap opera, I'm hooked on is General Hospital, but they dun fell off! :crying:

Girl yuh see it! Y & R Convention here we come!

Q we actually do take turns cooking during the week. The kids get pleanty of regular food that they like. Jazz has really fallen in LOVE with chilli so I make that for him about every 10 days or so WITH corn bread of course. He also loves Tacos so we have that in the rotation too. Mikel will eat most of those things but if he doesn't feel like eating what I cook he will make himself something or have left overs from what he made the night before. I will probably end up making the chicken and potatos tonight since Mikel cooked all weekend.

chili and cornbread sounds so good Dillon now I want some! :yes:

FROM THE MOUTHS OF BABES - Kids are smarter than we give them credit for! Sometimes all it takes is a sibling to say a few choice words and girl boom stuff starts to mysterously happen! :thumbs:

Girl Yes he was so right too! Just dumb LOL

I still want one *pouting like a 5 year old* lmao

haa you can get 2!

wid chicken foot soup han manish wata LOL

I went to buy chicken foot the other day and please tell me why they were sold out , I knew this was gonna spoil Hubby's night :huh: You should have he conversing with the buthcher in Espanol who bought all the chicken foot he was like :blink: :blink: :rofl:

yes yes.. i like the new dillon LOL

philly that pic is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! di cat is divafied!!!

girl Damian just saw the pic and told me whay yuh and dem people a study???? don't even get no ideas :bonk::rofl:

:blink:t9404.gif

how exactly does one blend cow foot? omg the mere thought is making me sick

:lol: :lol:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Timeline
I'm back. Hubby took our lil diva out to play, so I have a minute.

QUESTION: When filing the I-130-Alien Relative, what does it mean when it say legimate? My husband's aunt wants to file for his dad. They have the same dad but not the same mom. They each have BC with the dad's name on it but their moms were never married to the dad who just passed away. Would submitting the BC be evidence of "legimate" relationship between the two siblings? If not what else would be? Any suggestions would help, thanks.

children were born to a union (marriage)...parents were married before the child was born or concieved not sure how it's truly defined...there is a "gray" area when it comes to immigration I can't remember...where is sus -- ? she might know more.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
I know... I try to be positive by saying things could've been worse such as us not getting approved.

Speaking of school work, who's a psychology or social work major because I have a psychosocial assessment to do and I'm not feeling it. A darn shame because these two classes are my last before I go on to finish my bachelor's.

I hope you already had your answer but otherwise, let me know. I have an MSW and do assessments daily for psych patients on my unit.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline
Postive support systems can be familial support, friends, or church members. Readiness for tx usually refers to a client's receptiveness;how willing are they to accept help, tx, or support and their willingness to want to change their situation and ultimately their circumstances. Some people have all the access to resources, but are not willing to do what it takes to utilize them. They stay with what is familiar to them, no matter how detrimental. Hope this helps.

AMEN to that! I also teach BSW's at the University and I tell my students social work 101 is: Everybody has the right to be stupid. If you learn this you will be just fine as a social worker though the physicians will disagree with you.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline
Well still trying to catch up but wanted to thank everyone for their positive encouragement and Prayers ( Lawny I love you! :innocent: ) where my boys are concerned. Last night I nearly dropped when my oldest son told me he would sign the behavior contract I implemented for them and that he was ready to become a part of the family again. Praise GOD, it has only been almost a year and I had no idea where the light a the end of the tunnel was I had faith that the Creator would pull me through. I was so happy at that moment and although Motherhood always presents its challenges with a stronger family unit we can work through anything in the future.

This past year has been an emotional roller coaster from happiness with my husband arriving, disappointments with two miscarriages and turmoil with the never ending drama with both boys. I thank my VJ family from everyone still on the board to Yardies that now live on FB for always having positive words for me and keeping me strong with their own stories of adjustment and letting me know I am not alone! Each and every one of you Ladies have touched my life in a special way I want to say thank you ( perhaps with some FEVAH Haaa a joke mi a mek hush Dillon LOL :jest: ) for having my back and letting this board be an outlet for all of us going through the process.

I know yall were like where are the updates but let me tell you all that drama was so emotionally draining even to type it and some of you have seen the saga so you know it was a hot mess LOL ( although I need to chronicle it cause some people would not believe what we endured in such a short time) from the stealing from my Husband, :dead: pulling a knife on him, the late night fights with Baby Daddy, all the fighting verbal and physical , :ph34r: the Nino Brown from New Jack city episode in my living room, to my oldest the running out of the restaurant in the snow storm cause he just couldn’t accept my Husband and rather live by himself :blink: …… I could go on and on. I just hope it’s over and we are only moving forwards not backwards. A good indication was last night he talked to me extensively about several reports he did on Haiti this weekend and he needed some pics of me and the family in Haiti to for his presentation. This would have never happened months or even a week ago so that is progress. It can only get better from here! :dance:

Ok part 2 of my weekend soon come

(F) That is truly a testament...Continued blessings!

event.png

Timeline

Happy Birthday to March Yardies!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

t2953.gif

I was just dreaming about t4102.gifJamaica, making my family their meatball subs,turkey-meatball-sub.jpgand they are tearing it up t1957.gif, anyways I said let me check my email for this interview date.

So I checked and no date yet :angry:t2933.gif

So I said let me call,t8808.gif

So I call the AVR and it says

Your case was completed on Feb 8th Please wait 8 weeks for further instructions,t2964.gif if it has been 8 weeks and you have heard or recvd nothing, please press 0.

So I press 0 because I know they update the case files daily, m1201.gif

I was on hold for 25 minutes, until this :innocent: answered.

I started t0810.gifpraying, please Lord good news please. I have been patient.

Guess what!!!

She says to me, your case has been scheduled for an interview. I was like t0803.gifTHANK YOU JESUS

AINT HE AWESOME!!!!!!! Jamaica mi soon come :dance::dance::dance:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
AMEN to that! I also teach BSW's at the University and I tell my students social work 101 is: Everybody has the right to be stupid. If you learn this you will be just fine as a social worker though the physicians will disagree with you.

March is National Social Workers Month, soooo Happy Social Work Month to all social workers and future social workers!!! :)

Timeline
t2953.gif

I was just dreaming about t4102.gifJamaica, making my family their meatball subs,turkey-meatball-sub.jpgand they are tearing it up t1957.gif, anyways I said let me check my email for this interview date.

Your case was completed on Feb 8th Please wait 8 weeks for further instructions,t2964.gif if it has been 8 weeks and you have heard or recvd nothing, please press 0.

Guess what!!!

She says to me, your case has been scheduled for an interview. I was like t0803.gifTHANK YOU JESUS

Congratulations!!! :dance: I am still waiting for my husbands DS230, it was supposed to be here today now UPS says Tues or Wed. What are the chances NVC will give us an interview for April if they get the DS230 information this week? :blink: They are supposed to start scheduling April interviews next week I was told.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone!!!

I'm sooo out of the mix and it has only been a few days. I've been reading back and it's all a blur except for Dada and her tease of a story. Just give it up PLEASE!!!! Is it the man hugging you at the airport? If so what is his name? Gary???

JQ CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: I was reading and kept thinking you were going to say you got your interview but then you didn't until the last line and I was SOOOOOOOO excited for you. New puppy and interview day!! Wahoooo!!! When is it?

As you all know hubby and I met up with My2, her hubby, and Tee and her hubby. I LOVED meeting them (both sweeties) and now want to meet you all. So who is organizing a big yardie link up? NY when Bunz comes??? I think it's so nice for the guys too. I know Vaughn really liked meeting up with fellow yardies that had been through the same process has him. Steve and Ricky are laid back like Vaughn so he really liked them. Oh Tee's man got some eating issues. :blink: She really has a piece of work on her hands. lol. I had fun teasing him about it. It was so nice seeing everyone sooo in love too. :luv:

t2953.gif

Guess what!!!

CONGRATS GIRL :dance:

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Timeline

Hi yall.....Let me remember who/what I wanted to comment on...

Quanna...Michael LOVES dog's....so that is why I said we will get one once he is here cause I know he will be the one taking care of it.

JQ...congrats on the appointment date....so when you going????

Mrstee...thanks for the spreadsheet of yardies names....Now I want to update it with all the husbands/kids names....little bits of info ... cause I can't remember #######!!!

of course I can't remember what else I wanted to comment on (damit) :angry:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

4559 posts......looks like at best, 2 days before a restart on this thread. :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wow!

You might not agree w' me but I prefer to stress w' my honey than to stress w'out him. There just comes a time that you're tired of going to JA to visit, I want him by me now and not worry that I'll be leaving to go back home. But starting tomorrow I'll start workIng on AOS papers, just to kill time.

Stress is stress, with or without him your still gonna have it. I was just trying to ease ur mind some. I just pray it comes soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.