MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 23)

4,872 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

philly.. i know u are ecstatic about ur son's change of heart.. i am happy for u and ur family and i pray that God preserves the unity that began this weekend and cultivates it so you guys can be the loving and accepting family you were meant to be..

long suffering is a virtue hun.. i know that strength has been made in you with all of this and i thank God its getting better..

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
I LOVE LOVE LOVE JetBlue - Flights have always been on time, the seats have more leg room than the others - every seat has a free TV in the back of it that you can either watch movies (free) or various TV shows - I have always flown them when I can, and faithfully flown them to JA since they started the route - You can bring your own headsets or buy some for $2 - Also, the staff always seem to truly like their job - they joke around with each other and the passengers, just makes for a more enjoyable flight -

I agree, and Tierra flies JetBlue alone and they treat her like royalty! They even put her in 1st class! :)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

Philly so happy to hear about things with your son, it's about time it turned around!!

Tre I didn't cook a darn thing this weekend. Friday we went out to eat, Saturday Mikel made curry chicken with white rice and then yesterday he made curry shrimp with rice and peas. Yes I am SPOILED!!!!! :D:P

Yes you are! Had a nice chat with your MIL this weekend - she told me she's inviting herself to my wedding, lol

Okay either I'm super slow or this is dumb! I can't figure out the pic thing. SUS or any techie superhero Please Help!

You can either upload them to a site like photobucket.com = then post the tag that has [ img] the link [ / img ] on it - or use the upload box to attach it from the bottom of the post box here.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Philly...what do you think made him have a change of heart?

LOL Sus she told me that this morning. I just had to laugh at her...and then I told her well if you are inviting yourself then I am going to invite myself. She is going to bug you about it until you set a date...she doesn't let up.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Philly...what do you think made him have a change of heart?

LOL Sus she told me that this morning. I just had to laugh at her...and then I told her well if you are inviting yourself then I am going to invite myself. She is going to bug you about it until you set a date...she doesn't let up.

LOL, she's a riot - Unfortunately, can't set a date!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
LOL don't I know it. I told him he needs to do a lot of cooking for us so we can freeze it and warm it up while he is gone. He did agree! :thumbs:

I can cook just not any Jamaican dishes so we aren't going to starve while he is away...we just won't be eating any Jamaican food.

Dills you know i FEEL you girl.. but if Roger leave, i MAY cook a few times, but most likely we will be going out if he don' freeze me up nothing :whistle:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Philly, what great news! This makes me so happy for you. I hope that things only get better for you and the family!!!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
LOL, she's a riot - Unfortunately, can't set a date!

I know you can't...RIGHT NOW...but it will come. And yes she is a riot, never a dull moment with her.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wayne Chen’s visa cancelled

Businessman expresses surprise at US action

BY KARYL WALKER walkerk@jamaicaobserver.com

Friday, February 26, 2010

HEAD of the State-run Urban Development Corporation and the Jamaica Employers' Federation, Wayne Chen, was severely embarrassed when he turned up with his family at the Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston on Wednesday and was informed by local immigration officials that his United States visitor's visa was cancelled.

Chen, who was travelling to a business meeting in Los Angeles, California with his family, expressed shock and surprise at the move by the US Government. The trip, he said, was to continue work on a project involving business retailers from several countries.

"It has really taken me by surprise as I have been travelling freely to the United States for 30-odd years," Chen told the Observer yesterday.

He said he was informed by local immigration staff that they had received a call from the US immigration authorities that the visa was cancelled. As a result, Chen's family decided to cancel their trip.

"I am taken aback. On leaving the airport I called the Jamaican ambassador in Washington. My wife also called the Consul General (at the US Embassy in St Andrew), who told her they had no reason why but confirmed that it was cancelled a month ago," he said.

He said he was at a loss as to the reason the US authorities had decided to place a restriction on his ability to travel to that country.

"I have been a public figure in this country for 15 years. It is really distressing to know that my visa has been cancelled without notice," he said. "I can't imagine a reason why. I was at the US Embassy some weeks ago looking about a visa for a family member and I presented my passport and I was not informed of the cancellation."

Chen -- whose SuperPlus chain of supermarkets posted sales of $2 billion in 1998, making it the second largest retailer in the island at the time -- said the wasted money spent on airline tickets for himself and his family was the least of his worries at this time.

"This is being taken up at the highest diplomatic level. I have already spoken to the prime minister and it is being looked into by the Jamaican ambassador in Washington and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs," he told the Observer yesterday. "I am now writing to the head of the US mission here to get an explanation."

A number of Chen's supermarkets are now closed, ending what was once the largest locally owned retail outlet business in Jamaica.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Wayne-...ncelled_7450205

He just didn't get the letter.....cause we all know the postal system in JA is lacking........

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline
Well still trying to catch up but wanted to thank everyone for their positive encouragement and Prayers ( Lawny I love you! :innocent: ) where my boys are concerned. Last night I nearly dropped when my oldest son told me he would sign the behavior contract I implemented for them and that he was ready to become a part of the family again. Praise GOD, it has only been almost a year and I had no idea where the light a the end of the tunnel was I had faith that the Creator would pull me through. I was so happy at that moment and although Motherhood always presents its challenges with a stronger family unit we can work through anything in the future.

This past year has been an emotional roller coaster from happiness with my husband arriving, disappointments with two miscarriages and turmoil with the never ending drama with both boys. I thank my VJ family from everyone still on the board to Yardies that now live on FB for always having positive words for me and keeping me strong with their own stories of adjustment and letting me know I am not alone! Each and every one of you Ladies have touched my life in a special way I want to say thank you ( perhaps with some FEVAH Haaa a joke mi a mek hush Dillon LOL :jest: ) for having my back and letting this board be an outlet for all of us going through the process.

I know yall were like where are the updates but let me tell you all that drama was so emotionally draining even to type it and some of you have seen the saga so you know it was a hot mess LOL ( although I need to chronicle it cause some people would not believe what we endured in such a short time) from the stealing from my Husband, :dead: pulling a knife on him, the late night fights with Baby Daddy, all the fighting verbal and physical , :ph34r: the Nino Brown from New Jack city episode in my living room, to my oldest the running out of the restaurant in the snow storm cause he just couldn’t accept my Husband and rather live by himself :blink: …… I could go on and on. I just hope it’s over and we are only moving forwards not backwards. A good indication was last night he talked to me extensively about several reports he did on Haiti this weekend and he needed some pics of me and the family in Haiti to for his presentation. This would have never happened months or even a week ago so that is progress. It can only get better from here! :dance:

Ok part 2 of my weekend soon come

Philly im glad some progress is being made and I agree with you it conl ony get BETTER, Good Luck girl and we on VJ are always here :luv:

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well still trying to catch up but wanted to thank everyone for their positive encouragement and Prayers ( Lawny I love you! :innocent: ) where my boys are concerned. Last night I nearly dropped when my oldest son told me he would sign the behavior contract I implemented for them and that he was ready to become a part of the family again. Praise GOD, it has only been almost a year and I had no idea where the light a the end of the tunnel was I had faith that the Creator would pull me through. I was so happy at that moment and although Motherhood always presents its challenges with a stronger family unit we can work through anything in the future.

this is wonderful news

hard life wore him out and he sees you mean him well

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ShaNette - nice seeing you. Congrats on your son.

Philly - I am so happy things are going forward for your family.

Dillion - I am super spoiled myself. Damien was resting the entire day yesterday so my daughter and I went to the grocery store without him. Can I tell you that is the first time in 5 years I did big grocery shopping with him? I goof off while he does all the work. I actually felt lost. It's sad...what did I do before he came here?

Timeline

Dillion - I am super spoiled myself. Damien was resting the entire day yesterday so my daughter and I went to the grocery store without him. Can I tell you that is the first time in 5 years I did big grocery shopping with him? I goof off while he does all the work. I actually felt lost. It's sad...what did I do before he came here?

LOL Shemmy I know we did everything ourselves for so long before they got here being single moms and it really is nice having them around. I was just thinking yesterday I can't even remember the last time I cleaned the house.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

HA. shemmy.. i LOVE IT.. your telling me this can go on for at least another 5 years???? i was sure it would wear off soon.. we'll see.. :unsure:

you need fi sit dat belly down tho.. tryna sneak out wid out him!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.