MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 23)

4,872 posts in this topic

Lol, girl we on the SAME page! hahaha...I think for me its because I have given, given and given myself time and time again. Im not going to say it was all bad, but how much can you keep giving? I love hubby to death honestly but Ive also learned something about marriage. There are times I want to be selfish because Im so giving. So if this doesn't work, we will just be great friends, as I am with ALL my ex's and just travel the world until I can't no more! :thumbs:

Hope you save me a spot and a drink right beside you cause married or not, I'm still going to make sure I travel...at least one big trip and two mini-trips per year mainly with my hubby but I think one girls'only trip once a year isn't asking too much, is it? :unsure:

Edited by Dens Wifey

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I don't know if you new VJ ladies know this or not but I was married before...to a Jamaican and yes I went through the entire process before with him. I didn't file the K-1 we were married so we went the other route. After we broke up I said I will NEVER marry again. NO ONE...American, Jamaican, British, Canadian...you get the picture. I continuted to take my daughter to Jamaica to see her grandparents, Aunts, Uncles etc. My husband now was always around because he ran with Marley's family and if I would go out to a club at night he would be the one to take me. Our relationship grew over the years and eventually I gave him a chance and I am very happy I did. So I say to you ladies if it your marriage doesn't work out...NEVER say NEVER! Just my 2 cents because I was one that said NEVER again.

I wont say "never" I will just say, I don't want to!

My husband is the same way. Mich was asking the same question a few weeks ago. I don't know of anyone off hand. All the ones I know have all moved to ATL or FL. That's goood. I did the same to my husband the first time we went to NY -- he asked where we going, I said to the store, den he was like mi look like ediat it no tek dat lang fi reach di store. When we linked up with his friends in Queens they damn near lost their mind. We want to do Atlantic City this summer, if we have time. We have a voucher for Sandals Whitehouse that we need to use before the end of this year.

Let us know Tre and we'll meet up with you! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

wow it looks like a yardie party up in here :)

So i took a snow day today cause i didnt want to drive in the snow to work 40 miles away and now i wish i would have cause my kids are getting on my LAST DAYUMM GOOD NERVE

my younger son is getting on my nerves cause all he wants to do is EAT

and the oldest one is LAZY AS HAYLE....

shoot is it to late to put my clothes on an go in >>>????

Timeline
I wont say "never" I will just say, I don't want to!

I feel you 100% on that. I was dumb and said never. LOL

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
While away from VJ, I managed to select a book @ library while there w/my son. I'm reading Maneater by Mary B Morrison. Very interesting book. I read over 150 pages yesterday. I prbly finish it today. At the end of first half, there were questions. One question was, would you still marry your fiance if you found XXXXrated pics of them?? Cory answered by saying in a relationship everything should be easily revealed to one another espclly if we're speaking about marriage. He also went on to say, that shows the woman had something to hide & maybe hiding more skeletons in closet.I shot back & said maybe she doesn't want her past to interfere w/her present & she prbly felt no need to reveal the pics. Who knows. It's not me but question made me think.

This book at one time was on the essence magazines top book selection.

I think it depends. Everyone is entitled to their privacy. And, that's BS about what else you hiding. You do not have to be an open book to be faithful or honest.

If I had pics in Playboy or something, then, yeah, guess I better spill it. If I took some pics for a realtionship I was in, then NO, none of anyone else's business.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Aww Dills, I didn't know that...but see you're a living testimony of what I was saying...I always want to be open to the possibility of love again! (F)

I am not saying I won't love again, just won't have a document "connecting me" to my love

Filed: Timeline
Good thing he didn't let that stop him. Gezzz and I thought I was mean. Your 6 months of brushing him off is nothing compared to my 4 years though. LOL

True...I kept running into him and when I saw him working at the hotel we were at for my cousin's wedding...I was like, what the hell you doing stalking me and he said no, I just want to talk to you please, give me a few minitues of your time. I was still being mean, saying how many women have you tried to talk to today and so on. He didn't know I was Jamaica until a few days later. He kept asking me how I was able to understand him so well. I didn't know he had such a nice smile until I actually looked at him and that's what did it for me..plus he was so sincere and polite. All the time I'm thinking in my head...he's a big time GINAL!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i agree dills..sometimes i go w/out certain kinds of food like Taco Bell and he will suggest going there (for me only of course LOL) cuz he knows how much i like it even if he doesn't.. he gives as much as he takes..

:lol::lol: that is too funny. hubby has been trying so hard to find something on that taco bell menu that he like s cuz he knows how much i like that shyt....

Timeline

Yes Honey it is too late. Tell them to go shovel the snow and hopefully that will tire them out and they won't bother you for the rest of the day. Oh wait you got a lazy one so that won't work and the the other one will come in all hungry and continue to get on your nerves. Maybe you should get dressed and go into work.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Who was looking for JA cake? Sams24 has Christmas cake for $17.95

http://www.sams247.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=29

I feel you 100% on that. I was dumb and said never. LOL

LMAO - I said I would never go through an LDR again either - Yet here I am! As many problems and delays as we have had, I don't know that I would trade it - I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, and the blocks have been there to make us focus on US and the relationship - If we had rushed into it, we wouldn't have what we have. Having gone through all we have, anything else should come easily.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
I don't have that worry with DJ - in fact, the opposite - I think he'll be bringing home every stray he can!

Yeah, Andre had 6 dogs in his yard and a couple cats. There is a difference though between running around the yard and actually treating them like one of your kids.

I still have the dog :innocent:

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I am not saying I won't love again, just won't have a document "connecting me" to my love

That is exactly how I felt. If I didn't have to marry Mikel for him to be here I wouldn't have but there was no way around it and that is probably why I held out for so long.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Okay! Like my Grams says..."Easy to get into...a lot harder to get out of" so true... :rofl:

Edited by Dens Wifey

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay y'all know I have this theory that has not steered me wrong yet...its called the "3 F's"...if people followed this theory the world would be a better place! :rofl:

Ok..Do share...What are the 3 F's :rofl:

no like in terms of food, drinks, music, reading material etc

when i read lady c's question it brought back something i saw on fb over the weekend

i'm just wondering if you guys ever feel pressure to create a mini jamaica in your home, esp when you aren't originally from ja

do you ever feel like it's one sided?

I buy Jamaican food.. we listen to the Reggae station on XM while in the car and if we go clubbing we usually hit Reggae spots...It just happens that I like all of these things as well. He's given up his whole way of life so I feel this is the least I can do. If I were living in Jamaica, I'm sure he would do the same.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! you my sister FO REAL

most ppl at my job don't know how many kids i have, that i was ever married, divorced and married again..

and if they know some of it, i guarantee they don't know ALLL.

i am friendly and always smiling, but don't give out too much info when talking yunno???

Girl, I am the exact same way. I am just a very private person. Most people mean well..But a few of them are just too nosey for me. I also see how they talk behind each other's backs....That's just shady to me!!

Girl you can't let them know you human...they will turn around and use it against you.

When things started getting serious with Den...cause chile I use to date guys and I would have to drop them with the quick...so when they realized this was the real deal :whistle: My sup tried to say in my review last year that something had changed and that my focused seemed to be somewhere else...yeah it has I'm not working here at this job 7 days a week for you all no more and I'm actually using my vacation leave time...mofo's had me about to catch a case up in here with all that :angry:

Now see that is one of the main reasons that I don't divulge too much personal info at work. Because people start to use that information against you.

I wouldn't change a thing about the day/the way we met each other, the chase (took him a good 6 months) before I even talked to him, our journey and ESPECIALLY my interview. I found something different in my husband that I didn't find in other men I've had relationships with, I found FRIENDSHIP along with laugther. We appreciate each other and we show it and we love to talk to each other. I asked him what he missed the most about Jamaica and he told me the smell of my hair and my BIG smile when I came through the doors at the airport....I just laughed.

Awwww...That's sp sweet :crying:

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

Timeline
Who was looking for JA cake? Sams24 has Christmas cake for $17.95

http://www.sams247.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=29

LMAO - I said I would never go through an LDR again either - Yet here I am! As many problems and delays as we have had, I don't know that I would trade it - I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, and the blocks have been there to make us focus on US and the relationship - If we had rushed into it, we wouldn't have what we have. Having gone through all we have, anything else should come easily.

And I really hope it does Sus...you deserve the easy road for a while.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.