MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 23)

4,872 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I've been with Verizon (back in the day "Bell Atlantic Mobile) since 1988 when I had a pager. My cell number is my old pager number and I've never had any problems with them. They've given me credit when my phone was acting funny. I never have issues with calls dropping or anything like that....just thankful cause I hear people complain about drops calls or no service in some areas.

LOL, I use to work for Bell Atlantic for years.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi, All.

I'm still catching up, but to comment on this....

We saw Air Force One landing! No other flights could take off until that one landed, which caused delays. A lot of people on the flight were upset, but since I was with my love, I didn't mind the delay.... even if we didn't get home until 12:30am.

Also in the Vegas airport yesterday, I saw this one dude & was like, "Steven, is that the Allstate Guy?" He said, "Looks like him." Then the dude talked in that distinctive voice & we knew it was him. He looked smaller (shorter, thinner) than on TV. Dennis Haysbert is his name (just googled).

Lastly, I need for all full-sized people to know certain undocumented etiquette. Steven had the window seat, I was in the middle, and a big-hipped woman sat next to me! :angry: Why????? She should know not to sit next to another big-hipped woman! The undocumented etiquette would've been for her to sit next to a thinner person, and let a thinner person sit next to me. Whatever. I just scooted closer to my husband.

----------

Question: Would any of you feel uncomfortable asking your mother to call during certain hours (say, not before 9am or after 11pm)?

I'd have NO issue saying "Sandra, how come you've been calling me so early? I'm still sleeping." But I learned this morning that not everyone feels comfortable asking their parents to look at the clock before calling.

Not at all, Nat. I tell EVERYONE to call me after 9 or before 9 7 days a week. I don't care if I'm really sleeping or not. Someone better be dying if they call me besides those times.

And, I have my friends trained to only call me on weekends unless it's an emergency. I only have so many shared plan minutes. Text me. Email me. PM me. Call me at work.

You gotta have your limits and let them know.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning/Afternoon Yardies!

TGIF!!

Good morn to all,

my wife completed the medical exam at st andrews thursday feb. 25 and the fee was 16500 jamaican. they told her to pick the medical report up next week after they stamp photos. i thought she gets everything the same day, but its done.

in the meantime, i must start packing this week to get ready for ja. im fired up!

Congrats on that getting done (& it's normal for the results to come in just a day or two prior to the interview)....very soon now for the interview! :thumbs:

Goodmorning yardies, wish everyone a good friday and a great week.

This is my last weekend alone and I'M HAPPY. No more shopping alone, cleaning alone, sleeping alone. Ok that's enough. I got him a jacket lastnight for $28 on sale @ Macy's :dance:

:dance: Of course, at some point, you may want to do things alone again! I know sometimes I do! :devil:

hey Sunny, Girl right now I'm just on top of the world. I can't wait to go pick up my baby :dance:

:thumbs::thumbs: I love that feeling when you're going to see eachother after a separation!

Hey Mrs. Palmer... Ja, is HOT WOW.... Loving it, we will be celebrating his B-day this weekend, then our anniversary on the 27th. Then Joel will be back to work in April on another 6 month job.

Happy Anniversary Roxcie!

Yes, we will be doing his B-day in the country...St. Elizabeth.

Can you say rum factory??? :devil:

Timeline
I kinda wanted twins to get two out of the way LOL. He's already talking about the next one and I keep having dreams with 2 babies...back to back :wow:

aw dang.. well i guess we were crazy to think he would stop now after trying to persuade you for 5 years LOL

Timeline
:rofl: Edge of my SEAT. Ya'll know I can't do two things at one time. Also eating my lunch.

I like 'edge of my edge'....it's even more 'on the edge' than seat! :yes::lol:

I kinda wanted twins to get two out of the way LOL. He's already talking about the next one and I keep having dreams with 2 babies...back to back :wow:

Me too! My dream pregnancy (if there really is such a thing for me :huh: ) would be twins, boy & a girl...then DONE FOREVER!! :yes:

We saw Air Force One landing! No other flights could take off until that one landed, which caused delays. A lot of people on the flight were upset, but since I was with my love, I didn't mind the delay.... even if we didn't get home until 12:30am.

Also in the Vegas airport yesterday, I saw this one dude & was like, "Steven, is that the Allstate Guy?" He said, "Looks like him." Then the dude talked in that distinctive voice & we knew it was him. He looked smaller (shorter, thinner) than on TV. Dennis Haysbert is his name (just googled).

Lastly, I need for all full-sized people to know certain undocumented etiquette. Steven had the window seat, I was in the middle, and a big-hipped woman sat next to me! :angry: Why????? She should know not to sit next to another big-hipped woman! The undocumented etiquette would've been for her to sit next to a thinner person, and let a thinner person sit next to me. Whatever. I just scooted closer to my husband.

----------

Question: Would any of you feel uncomfortable asking your mother to call during certain hours (say, not before 9am or after 11pm)?

I'd have NO issue saying "Sandra, how come you've been calling me so early? I'm still sleeping." But I learned this morning that not everyone feels comfortable asking their parents to look at the clock before calling.

You had some cool sightings there in Vegas it sounds like.

I go through that on the bus too with other big ladies. Of course, I've also had said ladies get up & move once they figured out how uncomfortable it was going to be. If I see a big woman sitting & there's a seat next to her, I just stand & wait for a better seat to open up. Steven should've moved in to the middle & had a (as my husband would say so no offense meant) 'fatty' sandwich! :rofl:

I don't have a problem with too early or late calls anymore cause all phones are OFF or ignored if I forget (especially the cell). I just don't answer....my parents don't call too early or late anyway unless it was an emergency & I respect their hours as well unless an emergency. They taught me that a long time ago.

Direct Deposit baby Income tax

Baby Im hood rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I text hubby and he said he should be at home with some Hennessey (sp) and Crab legs :bonk:

GOTTA love that! Congrats! Can I come over for crab legs?? :star:

PHOTO_5057654_23189_4812066_main.jpg

AWWW! I love it! I wanted to adopt this cat in Petsmart last Friday. He was 1 y/o, black & white & his name was Dexter. He was SUCH a lover! I stuck my finger through the little cage holes & he just rubbed & loved & wanted me to pet him as much as I could. Too bad I couldn't get my whole hand in there. Hubby finally had to make me leave the store....I hope he gets a good home....he's just the kind of lover cat I would want some day when we have a place with enough space.

As you should JQ let the party begin. I was hood rich last weekend but this weekend I am hood broke once again. LOL

:lol: Me too!! And I'm trying to reign in the spending since I just paid off the CC...man it's tough when you still want to see movies & eat out AND we're going to the Chinese New Year parade next weekend. I know we'll spend a little extra at that....either at a Chinatown restaurant or on street food & Chinese store trinkets...I love those stores....so full of fun stuff! Okay, end tangent.... LOL!

We are going to have curry shrimp, rice and peas and whatever alcohol we pick up at the store tonight. Guess we are all eating good tonight.

We ate good last weekend! We still have some stuff but the shrimp ring w/cocktail sauce & cake is gone! LOL!

I thought this was one of your personal phrases. I like it & will "steal" it from you, even if it was a typo.

Me too!

Timeline

Okay, I am going home before my day gets any worse -

Don't feel well - got my review today - a 1 rating, which is unheard of - 2nd year in a row - but, oops, guess what - no raises this year!

Then our document indexer went down - the tech person isn't here so I was getting bombarded with calls - fixed it - then get a panicked call from her asking what's wrong - Told her what I did - then she sends an email that I shouldn't touch the indexer without letting her know - then bytch, get your butt to the office!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

umm on the mothers calling.. honestly i don't think i would tell my mom not to call at a certain time.. i might joke w/ her about it like.. dang mama, you know im sleep or something, but i would never tell her not to call..

Timeline
sarry, not feeling well running a high temp 102

rubbing alcohol

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Okay, I am going home before my day gets any worse -

Don't feel well - got my review today - a 1 rating, which is unheard of - 2nd year in a row - but, oops, guess what - no raises this year!

Then our document indexer went down - the tech person isn't here so I was getting bombarded with calls - fixed it - then get a panicked call from her asking what's wrong - Told her what I did - then she sends an email that I shouldn't touch the indexer without letting her know - then bytch, get your butt to the office!

aww susie.. kinda don't blame you.. but after that, maybe it will get better???

Timeline
I make it for Ray sometimes, but I must admit I HATE cutting the toe nails.

OK, that is just disgusting.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Sus, how are you feeling today? Better hopefully.

sarry, not feeling well running a high temp 102

Sorry you're still not feeling good Lawny! Go get some REST lady!

that's what I'm doing. Getting ready to cook some chicken foot soup when I feel better. where is DILLON....I have to cut the toe nails off...

(((((((((((((((((dillon)))))))))))))))

:rofl::rofl:

I am right here! I was on my way over but guess I need to turn around and go home now! :P

Thank GOD Mikel hasn't found any chicken feet in St Louis yet.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hopefully he won't find any Asian or Latin stores then!

dada made it out today.. she is having fun in the sun about now.. I WISH i was..

GO DADA!!

Timeline
sus is the 1 good or bad???

here 1 is bad, but i really don't think you would get a bad rating

so i guess you p o'd cuz u got a good rating but still no raise right???

The 1 is the best here - and next to impossible to get - If you do everything you are supposed to do at your job and do it well, you get a 3 (out of 5) - 2s mean you went above and beyond - Maybe 100 people in the entire company get a 1 (over 35000 employees)- this is the second year in a row I have gotten a 1 - and no friggin raise - But the big wigs are still getting their bonuses - total BS

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline
rubbing alcohol

I use bay rum to rub up myself...got it from back home -- I wish I had some fever grass or fever leaves

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.