MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 23)

4,872 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We'll get there soon and very soon. lol I have 399hrs of annual leave to use this year and I only have 1 week of vacation scheduled.

So sorry to hear about your dad. I've had to deal with that with a few relatives. My aunt and her husband were both on drugs for years and they have now been clean for over a year.... Hopefully, he will wake up on day and decide it's time to change his life back around to the way it was. I'll be saying a prayer for you.

Sunray are you serious you have that much time?? Wow!!!!

Q I meant to say so that is where your get your smarts from....

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

yes da.. thats what im told all the time.. i am his twin too, i hope im not stubborn like him :whistle:

It will take time. Damien worked in a freezer for 1.5 years before he got a better job...it takes time.

Let them see his muscles :rofl: Damien thinks he's been fortunate getting work cuz of Jamaican swag and his mucles :wacko: .

mi can see damien a flex fi di manager LMAO!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay...hightop philly fade guy with the jerry curl is from DETRIOT! I think he'll get the job his resume is the bomb. He acutally put his picture on his resume but his hair was cut out of the photo...oh well, I see y now.

See and he isn't a PIMP!!!! You all just leave the Motor City ALONE...

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
"SUNNY with a chance".. lol.. my kids watch that show on disney.. everytime i say ur name, i think of it!!

but anyway.. sunny.. mista is going for his drug test w/ HOME DEPOT today!!!!!

Let me give ya'll another praise report!!

i was off from work monday for prez day right.. well roger was moping around cuz things are just rough right now for the kids in JA, he don't have much money to send, same story.. he even tried to sell his movado watch but couldn't get a decent price..

so i dreaded it, but i got up w/ him and went and did some applications.. (UGGGHHH i was kind of mad cuz it seems im always doing SOMETHING on my day off, i wanted to rest, but anyways, of course i did not show him my frustration, thats my BABAY!!!)

we filled out the home depot app, and they called us 3 hours LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the HR rep asked him when did he fill out the app and when he told her, she said she couldn't BELIEVE IT!! said that ppl usually take 6 WEEKS or MORE to get called back..

i told roger that the prayers of the righteous availeth much!!! the yardies had lifted you up in prayer my bwoy!!!

now you need fi go to church more than once a month!!! LOL

Wow Q dats what up!!!!

You should be happy your baby wanted to fill out apps. Just think he could sit on the couch and not worry about finding work. I know it sucks but I think once he has a job things will get a little easier. Just think he can work now and send money to his kids. That should make him happy which will make you happy because that will be one less thing he’ll have to worry about.

I know it may seem like a lot right now but just think this is all for the good in the long run.

Timeline

dats alright sunny... you jus wait till you have rayisha and rayton.. ya nuh ave 399 no more!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
its funny.. roger actually keep most of our money.. the money goes to my account and i pay some bills,

we have some money go to his bank accnt for some other bills.. then he keeps alot of the mad money cuz he is the one that is doing all the errands and stuff in the daytime.. it hasn't backfired yet, he isn't a frivolous spender

i too can't wait till he goes shopping for the first time w/ his money from his first job.. he went shopping a few times when he got here w/ money he brought, but this will be different..

You have to figure out what works for you. I've been critizied how we do things but it works for us. We have a joint account and our personal accounts. Our joint account is for saving but we split bills and pay them oursevles. Damien and I worked out a pay plan before he started working and we been using it ever since. Of course, we make adjustments as they come. Seperate works for us. It's hard at the beginning until you can figure out each other spending habits.

Timeline
Wow Q dats what up!!!!

You should be happy your baby wanted to fill out apps. Just think he could sit on the couch and not worry about finding work. I know it sucks but I think once he has a job things will get a little easier. Just think he can work now and send money to his kids. That should make him happy which will make you happy because that will be one less thing he’ll have to worry about.

I know it may seem like a lot right now but just think this is all for the good in the long run.

NO DOUBT.. :thumbs: it annoyed me just for a second. thats alright.. my time to shine is coming.. im gonna do something for ME here pretty soon.. i don't know what yet.. :unsure:

Timeline
Mrs. P -- see - -what did I tell you. My husband had his own routine from the time he got her. He was got to the states on a Friday and Monday he was in the gym. He started class a few weeks later. He found work when he got the WP, but it was mostly part-time here and there. He has his own schedule. Because his GC took so damn rass long he gave up a lot of great work opportunities. One company held the position for 3 months because it was a new conference center. Most days he's too tired, but we find time for each other. Wait 'til Belly goes shopping for the first time on his own -- my husband said that was the best feeling and when he figured out how to pay the utilities online. It's not an EASY road, but when di road get leveled the feeling is GREAT! --

You just have to find what works for you both and try not to stress too much over it cause that will only cause more problems. In the beginning I use to do all the housework and he did all the cooking (NOT) anymore. We do a little bit of everything. Actually, we kind of switched because of his hours and time in school. I so hate cooking, I rather CLEAN and CLEAN and CLEAN....I love doing laundry and ironing. I know something is wrong with me, right?

Nope. I like to clean too. And, laundry is not my least favorite thing either. Ironing..... :angry: I just throw it back in the dryer.

Okay...hightop philly fade guy with the jerry curl is from DETRIOT! I think he'll get the job his resume is the bomb. He acutally put his picture on his resume but his hair was cut out of the photo...oh well, I see y now.

Dillon is not going to like the Detroit reference! :unsure:

bwoy shem.. i gotta make my way up there..ive said it before and i will say it again WIERD!!

roger would rather have one of the many warehouse jobs he applied for, but i told him, they prolly look at him mawga (sp) looking self and think he can't do the work.. lol.. you gotta go in w/ a wife beater so dem can see di

muscles!! LOL

Oh, no you didn't! A wife beater????? :rofl:

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
You have to figure out what works for you. I've been critizied how we do things but it works for us. We have a joint account and our personal accounts. Our joint account is for saving but we split bills and pay them oursevles. Damien and I worked out a pay plan before he started working and we been using it ever since. Of course, we make adjustments as they come. Seperate works for us. It's hard at the beginning until you can figure out each other spending habits.

aww heck yeah.. my first hubby and i tried joint at first.. and it worked for a while, but we were young 22 yrs old, we didn' t have no bills expect house and car note.. as we got older.. WE separated accounts and bills.. it wasn't bout mistrust or secrecy..it just kept the confusion down..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
NO DOUBT.. :thumbs: it annoyed me just for a second. thats alright.. my time to shine is coming.. im gonna do something for ME here pretty soon.. i don't know what yet.. :unsure:

I can't lie...job hunting was hard on our marriage. I remember getting so frustrated during this process. Everything was new to him so I had to repeat myself 20x times. Plus he thought he knew everthing. Finally I just prayed on my patience and everything worked out.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I dont see the problem...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.