15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I just received 2 RFE's in the mail yesterday and I am pretty angry about it.

The first RFE is about lack of financial statements. I find this hilarious because I sent THREE YEARS worth of tax papers for my husband and father in law. Specifically it says that we need to tax papers for my husbands self employment. Well I checked my copies of everything I sent them and what do I find? All the tax forms for the years including the special schedules they use for self employed people. So basically I now know that they don't look at everything you send them.

They MUST skip over things because they HAVE these documents. I spoke to USCIS and they said to write a polite later stating where in the original package it would be and to let them know they have it but to send other copies anyway just to be on the safe side. Which I plan on doing just to get rid of that problem.

The second RFE is about my medical. The way that the letter is phrased makes it seem like they want me to do a full medical over again which isn't going to happen as its only been 6 months that I had mine done in Montreal and its still very valid. So I asked the USCIS guy about that and he said, OH NO! do not redo your medical exam...just do the I-693 part 1, some of part 2 and part 5 only. He also said to once again write a polite letter when sending it all in stating that your medical was done in Montreal on such a date and you are not required to have another if it falls within the year and that's it.

It's all a pain in my butt and seriously, some of these workers looking at our cases need to wake up and stop being lazy or absentminded or just plain stupid. We are paying an arm and a leg to send them this stuff and going through hell to be married and then they can't even look through files thoroughly and properly. Either way, I'm calling more civil surgeons today so hopefully I'll find someone reasonable. I also have my biometris appt. this coming Tuesday.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Just a suggestion, may be worth waiting a few days and sending the IRS transcripts rather than copies of the tax returns. If you live near one of their offices you can just walk in and get them.

Hi, can you please type out the medical RFE text? There are a couple of different wordings that people see. Mine said that my medical was out of date, and was clearly in error. Others get one saying they didn't send the DS 2053 (overseas medical form, basically equivalent to I693). Also, please tell us if you already had your vaccines transcribed by a CS for parts 1, 2 (vacc only) and 5 or if you just sent in DS3025.

Another option you might consider before going ahead with the response plan you have in place is to get into contact with the office of your congressman or one of your senators. They have contacts in USCIS who will physically go and look at your file and sort it out if you think you have already properly filed. In our case, it actually helped speed the process, as it took less than a week to get a response - faster than the RFE response would have arrived in the mail, let alone be opened. In other cases, the overseas medical is "found!" Maybe they will also "find" your evidence already sent.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

I had read somewhere here in another post about sometimes the case workers don't look at your A-file which would contain the medical exam results. I plan on including that in my letter to them.

The RFE states- You have indicated that you last entered the U.S. on a k-1 visa. Please submit a properly completed and signed copy of the medical exam conducted overseas on form DS-2053......

If you do not have a completed DS-2035 please submit a properly and completed form I-693........

They have my medical and i really do not feel like I should pay for a new one. Also, I sent them my completed DS-2053 so that is also ridiculous. I am fine going to the civil surgeon but seriously, alot of them are just trying to rob you of your money by trying to tell you you need the physical all over again. So far only one civil surgeon in my area will do the vaccination supplemental for 100$ which is still absurd if you ask me

I had read somewhere here in another post about sometimes the case workers don't look at your A-file which would contain the medical exam results. I plan on including that in my letter to them.

The RFE states- You have indicated that you last entered the U.S. on a k-1 visa. Please submit a properly completed and signed copy of the medical exam conducted overseas on form DS-2053......

If you do not have a completed DS-2035 please submit a properly and completed form I-693........

They have my medical and i really do not feel like I should pay for a new one. Also, I sent them my completed DS-2053 so that is also ridiculous. I am fine going to the civil surgeon but seriously, alot of them are just trying to rob you of your money by trying to tell you you need the physical all over again. So far only one civil surgeon in my area will do the vaccination supplemental for 100$ which is still absurd if you ask me

I completely agree with you about not wanting to have to get a second one. I still would encourage you to have your representative's office initiate an inquiry. While sending a letter back for the medical basically stating "You already have that" may be correct, it doesn't mean that a capricious adjudicator might not pick it up and say "Ah, well, you don't want to respond to our request - here's your DENIED letter!!!!" At least with the congressional inquiry you have some more accountability (from their perspective) behind things.

K-1:

AOS:

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

ROC:

Timeline

I just spoke to a Civil Surgeon and they are willing to do the transcription for 65$. They said if I need any other vaccines (i know I don't), then they will give them to me there and I just have to wait and they will give me the I-693 within 30 minutes of them looking over everything and transcribing it.

As for the letter I'll be writing, I plan to be polite. Being snippy will get you NOWHERE. I am going to let them know that the Conulate in MOntreal took my sealed medical envelope and it should be with those original documents. I will resend my DS-2035 ALONG with the new I-693.

And I will totally look into contacting a state representative. :) Thanks for the advice

I just spoke to a Civil Surgeon and they are willing to do the transcription for 65$. They said if I need any other vaccines (i know I don't), then they will give them to me there and I just have to wait and they will give me the I-693 within 30 minutes of them looking over everything and transcribing it.

As for the letter I'll be writing, I plan to be polite. Being snippy will get you NOWHERE. I am going to let them know that the Conulate in MOntreal took my sealed medical envelope and it should be with those original documents. I will resend my DS-2035 ALONG with the new I-693.

And I will totally look into contacting a state representative. :) Thanks for the advice

Some people have also tried sending the instructions along with their vaccine transcriptions with the relavant K-1 instructions highlighted.

K-1:

AOS:

ROC:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's a lot for just a completion of vaccination part. But your right they will charge you an arm and a leg for this. Luckily in my state I found one who will do transcription before for $20.

(AOS Sent 12/31/09)

AOS NOA letter received 1/12/10

1/6/10 received date

1/8/10 notice date

Biometrics letter received 1/25/10

01/14/10 notice date

02/04/10 appointment date

(AED Sent 1/19/10)

AED NOA letter received 1/29/10

1/21/10 received date

1/27/10 notice date

Biometrics letter received 2/2/10

1/29/10 notice date

2/17/10 appointment date

(RFE med exam)

RFE letter received 1/25/10

Notice dated 1/22/10

2/08/10 RFE response sent

2/16/10 received date by uscis MO

(Interview)

Appointment letter received 3/17/2010

Notice dated 3/10/2010

Interview date 4/14/2010

Approved GC 4/14/2010

Timeline

Just spoke to someone else at USCIS and she said exactly this: highlight the part that your medical is valid for one year and just submit the I-693 part 1, some of part 2 and part 5. She said that should be enough. If there is some other problem and my medical from Montreal is "lost" she said then we can open a file and call the NVC and they will have a copy of it to re-send to the AOS people handling the case.

I'm going to do that and let you guys know how it goes.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It's all a pain in my butt and seriously, some of these workers looking at our cases need to wake up and stop being lazy or absentminded or just plain stupid. We are paying an arm and a leg to send them this stuff and going through hell to be married and then they can't even look through files thoroughly and properly. Either way, I'm calling more civil surgeons today so hopefully I'll find someone reasonable. I also have my biometris appt. this coming Tuesday.....

AMEN!!!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Just spoke to someone else at USCIS and she said exactly this: highlight the part that your medical is valid for one year and just submit the I-693 part 1, some of part 2 and part 5. She said that should be enough. If there is some other problem and my medical from Montreal is "lost" she said then we can open a file and call the NVC and they will have a copy of it to re-send to the AOS people handling the case.

I'm going to do that and let you guys know how it goes.

When I questioned my RFE for the complete I-693 I got three responses, one was you don't need it, which is correct, just the vacc supp. transcribed, the other was, no medical on file you need to redo again, and the other was to contact where I had my medical done to have a copy sent. Well I called Medisys and they would provide a copy of the medical for $100, and only if the request was made by the consult in Montreal as, "they don't deal with any USCIS offices, they only one they will deal with is Montreal". I did the I-693 trans. of the vacc and sent it in with a letter stating the whole K-1 thing. I got approved and received the AP and the EAD. I am still awaiting the AOS. I contacted Senator Feingold's office for help who called me yesterday to see how things were moving along.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

When I questioned my RFE for the complete I-693 I got three responses......

That's why we call it the MISinformation line. They don't really know, and when they give you an answer, it isn't something that can help your case if you follow their advice and it gets rejected or otherwise goes pear shaped. At least if you go through more official channels and have something in writing from an immigration analyst who actually looked at your file (the ones on the phone can't look at your file), you have something more substantial to cover your rear. Glad you've got your senator's office on your team. :)

K-1:

AOS:

ROC:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
So I just received 2 RFE's in the mail yesterday and I am pretty angry about it.

The first RFE is about lack of financial statements. I find this hilarious because I sent THREE YEARS worth of tax papers for my husband and father in law. Specifically it says that we need to tax papers for my husbands self employment. Well I checked my copies of everything I sent them and what do I find? All the tax forms for the years including the special schedules they use for self employed people. So basically I now know that they don't look at everything you send them.

They MUST skip over things because they HAVE these documents. I spoke to USCIS and they said to write a polite later stating where in the original package it would be and to let them know they have it but to send other copies anyway just to be on the safe side. Which I plan on doing just to get rid of that problem.

The second RFE is about my medical. The way that the letter is phrased makes it seem like they want me to do a full medical over again which isn't going to happen as its only been 6 months that I had mine done in Montreal and its still very valid. So I asked the USCIS guy about that and he said, OH NO! do not redo your medical exam...just do the I-693 part 1, some of part 2 and part 5 only. He also said to once again write a polite letter when sending it all in stating that your medical was done in Montreal on such a date and you are not required to have another if it falls within the year and that's it.

wow, thats the same exact thing that just happened to us! two rfe's for the same thing. i sent in 1040's and Im self employed as well and also they said our med exam was not within the one year time frame. the exam was done august 17, 2009. we have the results, reciepts, xrays etc... that show the date of the exam.

i contacted my congressmans office yesterday and have tried contacting the nvc all day but the line just rings busy. maybe there out because of the weather?

soooo frustrating!!!

Timeline

Well I am going to my Biometrics appt. on Tuesday at 9am and then to get my I-693 done at 11:45am. I plan on sending in everything for my two RFE's together and will let you all know how it goes. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.