dxg68

Do you truly love your fiancé???

301 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
When you are an old fart they hardly even ask anymore and really don't care. They go by your work experience more than anything.

That's happening now already, so no need to be an old fart for that :P

Up until 5 years of experience school counts. After that - no one cares.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
That would be a school-by-school decision... if she's taking random classes that's not normal unless they are hitting her up for some kind of remediation, but the nutritional course, unless it is being counted as a science, wouldn't count as that for most schools. My graduate degrees are completely within my field for coursework, nothing else.

Yes, the nutriton course is considered a science and the Anthropology is considered one of the other courses she didn't have from her previous education, I think a humanities course or something. She had to take a few credits of English just to qualify to enter the masters program and pass the TOEFL exam with a minimum score required by the college (varies by college) whuch she did before this semester. She got full credit for her Ukrainian degree (we went through ECE for evaluation) but there were some courses "missing" since a Ukrainian degree in linguistics did not include them.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

After which she said: yeah, when I get a job, we're getting me a car, after that - whatever.

My wife quit her job right after we got her a car.

- whatever.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
My wife quit her job right after we got her a car.

- whatever.

Slim, I understand your concern :)

But I'm damn sure it's not going to happen. I know how people can change coming here, but I just know this won't be the case. We'll see in about a year though for sure :)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard "Dude, she's different. She's not like all the rest."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard "Dude, she's different. She's not like all the rest."

Meaning your wife is different, or ours are not? I am not sure what you mean. Slim, are you serious with this stuff?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The long term picture is want matters. If you glowing newbie fiancees and husbands are still singing praises 5 years from now, I'll accept you've done well picking a Russian wife. The honeymoon will end. Then let's talk.

Timeline
The long term picture is want matters. If you glowing newbie fiancees and husbands are still singing praises 5 years from now, I'll accept you've done well picking a Russian wife. The honeymoon will end. Then let's talk.

For most of you it's "picking" and "Russian wife", that's the thing.

For me, I wasn't picking, it just happened, and there was no way I would marry an American girl anyway.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
For most of you it's "picking" and "Russian wife", that's the thing.

For me, I wasn't picking, it just happened, and there was no way I would marry an American girl anyway.

For cultural reasons? Just curious. We just happened too... although I certainly hadn't ruled anyone out on country of origin, but rather on other character/moral issues (which would rule some cultures out for the majority or average, but that's another topic).

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Say for example your fiancé would not get a visa. And the only way for you to be with her(him) would be to move and live in Ukraine or Russia. And your fiancé would ask you to do it. Would you move to marry your fiancé and live in her(his) country? :no::yes::huh::o

I'm not from this forum; but it was always known that I would not move to Jamaica. And, I probably couldn't afford the phone calls and the trips indefinately. At best, we would've remained good friends and maybe dated forever. But, the trips would've been fewer and further in between. Just an economic fact of life.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Is your forum so boring or empty as to require you to interlope into a basically Christian FSU forum that is very different than your Muslim forum? Are Jordanians friend or foe? Why do we hear from you?

Julianna is totally NOT muslim. Sheesh.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
For cultural reasons? Just curious. We just happened too... although I certainly hadn't ruled anyone out on country of origin, but rather on other character/moral issues (which would rule some cultures out for the majority or average, but that's another topic).

Julianna, I can't say it's because of cultural reasons exactly, but in essence, i guess, it would be the right way to put it.

It's the mentality, mostly.

Like I posted in the other thread, if I tell her: "be quiet woman, your day is March 8th", I don't need to hear about how men denigrate women and stuff, I'll just hear "yes, my master" and we'll both laugh, because we both know this is a joke (ha, but not really:D)

It's a lot of other things, like the language. I cannot imagine speaking anything but Russian at my home. I'm just glad and lucky, that this happened with her, because I was not actively looking for a wife. Hell, I didn't even think about getting married before I met her.

If I think about more stuff or you have questions, add to one of your PMs, so that visaveteran stop killing kittens.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Meaning your wife is different, or ours are not? I am not sure what you mean. Slim, are you serious with this stuff?

Oh, I think you KNOW he is serious :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.