dxg68

Do you truly love your fiancé???

301 posts in this topic

If you must know, the majority of programming in Ukraine is in Ukrainian. All movies in movie theaters are dubbed in Ukrainian.

How about you, for just a minute, stop being a self-righteous protector of all things Ukrainian and think about 2/3 of the country to whom Russian is their native language.

Also, if you are so pro-Ukrainian and sh!t, think about what Ukraine is doing to Crimea and Eastern region now, by FORCING Ukrainian language onto them.

Sounds familiar? So how is that better? Same sh!t imo.

I was talking about slavery, jeebus **.

ALso, Emskiy Ukaz was 200+ years ago as well.

If they don't want to speak their own county's language let them live in Russia.

http://www.deremilitari.org/resources/articles/novikou.htm

The terms "Rus'", "Kyivan Rus'", "Ruthenia" and "Ruthenian" as opposed to "Russia" and "Russian" are used to distinguish between the early mediaeval state with the centres in Kyiv and Novgorod and the independent duchies it disintegrated into on one hand, and the later state with the centre in Moscow on the other. The latter could be considered a distant descendant of the former yet the two are not identical. The confusion with the names is often purposefully used by Russian nationalists to lay claims on all political and spiritual heritage of Kyivan Rus'

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If they don't want to speak their own county's language let them live in Russia.

http://www.deremilit...les/novikou.htm

The terms "Rus'", "Kyivan Rus'", "Ruthenia" and "Ruthenian" as opposed to "Russia" and "Russian" are used to distinguish between the early mediaeval state with the centres in Kyiv and Novgorod and the independent duchies it disintegrated into on one hand, and the later state with the centre in Moscow on the other. The latter could be considered a distant descendant of the former yet the two are not identical. The confusion with the names is often purposefully used by Russian nationalists to lay claims on all political and spiritual heritage of Kyivan Rus'

So..... by that measure, we should deport everyone out from America who doesn't speak English?

How about make citizens take a test too? I'm pretty sure Midwest and most of the South will be an empty land after that.

On another note. You and VV should open your own thread and just feed off each other's material.

Edited by Мартышк+Мартышка

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

So..... by that measure, we should deport everyone out from America who doesn't speak English?

How about make citizens take a test too? I'm pretty sure Midwest and most of the South will be an empty land after that.

On another note. You and VV should open your own thread and just feed off each other's material.

You never did explain as to why eastern Ukraine speaks Russian and not Ukrainian. And yes the Crim is a part of Ukraine...not Mother Russia. As far as Crimean Tartars go...the Orange government never deported them by the masses now did they ?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

You never did explain as to why eastern Ukraine speaks Russian and not Ukrainian. And yes the Crim is a part of Ukraine...not Mother Russia. As far as Crimean Tartars go...the Orange government never deported them by the masses now did they ?

I fail to see the point of your argument.

WHO CARES WHY??? It is what it is NOW! And making those people speak Ukrainian is just as oppressive.

Crimea is a part of Ukraine, but it never really will be Ukraine. Just like Odessa will always be its own entity, not defined by the country it's in.

Your arguments are typical American way of looking at things. World Police. AMERICA, ** YEAH!

the Orange government never deported them by the masses now did they ?

And Orange government was so awesome.... with Ms. Yuliya stealing more money than anyone before her even dared. Great stuff!

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Please do name a few of these, besides red beets, cabbage, potatoes and macaroni, what foods are available in Russia for better quality and price than here in the US? (I'm talking Midwest US also.)

And please do tell about variety availability there versus here.

You can't find real bread in America for under $3 a loaf (where you understand the ingredients list). Even the junk processed stuff is a dollar a loaf. It's under 10r. in Russia and the loaves are bigger. The cheese is better in Russia. I prefer many types of Russian fish, caviar and sushi. Cookies and mayonnaise consist of things that the average person can explain. The chocolate is usually better. Salad dressing is amazing in Russia (yeah, I know it's just the fat). You can buy ice cream on the street for 3r. It's not bad ice cream.

I realize some of this is subjective, but I think it's true.

I fail to see the point of your argument.

WHO CARES WHY??? It is what it is NOW! And making those people speak Ukrainian is just as oppressive.

Just as I thought.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It's so depressing to see so many narrow-minded views in this forum.

I guess it really is extremely rare to find a quality of people who can appreciate the likes and differences between cultures.

The world truly has a long way to go still.

Considering the purpose of this site, I would have thought the situation to be different.

Heh, I don't feel so militant about the language issue, but for practical purposes forcing everyone to speak and study in Ukrainian just isn't practical. The issue of textbooks comes to mind: Quickly translated, with mistakes, into Ukrainian. So no more Russian textbooks which were just fine, just the new Ukrainian versions, and not enough of them. In addition, not everyone understands them. People grow up with a language and it takes years to become truly comfortable in another language if they haven't heard it from an early age.

Of course, it does create jobs as people who are fluent in both languages convert documents, textbooks, etc from one to the another :)

Let them speak what they want, especially Russian with Ukrainian accent :)

Timeline

Just as I thought.

Shouldn't think all that much, might distract you from worrying about how people are doing in poor old Ukraine...and how to get rid of cats or whatnot :)

Problem with you and VV, is that you don't have structure to your arguments, you just throw out wiki links (oh yeah, wiki is such a reliable resource) and state something and that is all.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: Timeline

You can't find real bread in America for under $3 a loaf (where you understand the ingredients list). Even the junk processed stuff is a dollar a loaf. It's under 10r. in Russia and the loaves are bigger. The cheese is better in Russia. I prefer many types of Russian fish, caviar and sushi. Cookies and mayonnaise consist of things that the average person can explain. The chocolate is usually better. Salad dressing is amazing in Russia (yeah, I know it's just the fat). You can buy ice cream on the street for 3r. It's not bad ice cream.

Not a big fan of the black bread that's so popular everywhere, but I've had some fantastic breads in Russia. The fish is AWESOME too (helps to have a MIL who is an amazing cook), and even some of the cheap caviar is heavenly. My only criticism of the beef you get is that they like it really fatty, and for some reason the restaurants like to cook it tough. (once again, helps to have a MIL who is an amazing cook. :)) And yes, I like the fact that you can readily identify most ingredients in the food, and that high fructose corn syrup isn't in EVERY FSCKING THING YOU BUY. We're very label conscious, and I almost fell over when I read on the label that my beloved Worcestershire sauce contains high fructose corn syrup. (apparently the Worcestershire sauce you buy overseas uses sugar as gawd intended).

Timeline

Let them speak what they want, especially Russian with Ukrainian accent :)

My Ukrainian teacher used to throw me out of class every couple of weeks, because she just couldn't stand me (she was from Ivano-Frankovsk) speaking Ukrainian with a Russian accent hehe.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

Most fruits and vegetables come from outside Russia...often from China and Azebarjan. The cost of food has skyrocketed recently in Russia due to oil prices dropping and general Russian incompetence and greed. The good foods, such as they ae, are in Moscow or St. Petersburg. Try shopping in Siberia.

The worst thing about Russia is it does nothing for veterans and old people. My wife's mom gets $100 a month. Not enough to buy basic food for two weeks. She lives out of her garden. There are no VA Hospitals or programs for vets. You want to live in Russia...or praise it? Look closer.

Filed: Timeline

I guess it really is extremely rare to find a quality of people who can appreciate the likes and differences between cultures.

The world truly has a long way to go still.

It is somewhat depressing, I agree. Although to be fair, it's only two people here that are so militantly hateful. I happen to love the culture and people, and I won't make any bones about it. But I do get that for some guys, it's just not their cup of tea. I get that, and to an extent I can eve respect it. But to focus so much hate, venom, and bile on it...well I just can't suss it. For me personally, if I hated her culture and her people to such an extent, I'd have just looked elsewhere for a companion.

Considering the purpose of this site, I would have thought the situation to be different.

Take comfort in knowing that it's only a couple people. The vast majority of RU members are at least able to separate the people and culture of their bride's country from a USSR that hasn't existed for over 20 years. And take note too that the two trouble-makers who are kicking up such a fuss are well into middle age, and just can't seem to get over something that everyone else got over years ago. They are the exception that proves the rule. :)

Timeline

Not a big fan of the black bread that's so popular everywhere, but I've had some fantastic breads in Russia. The fish is AWESOME too (helps to have a MIL who is an amazing cook), and even some of the cheap caviar is heavenly. My only criticism of the beef you get is that they like it really fatty, and for some reason the restaurants like to cook it tough. (once again, helps to have a MIL who is an amazing cook. :)) And yes, I like the fact that you can readily identify most ingredients in the food, and that high fructose corn syrup isn't in EVERY FSCKING THING YOU BUY. We're very label conscious, and I almost fell over when I read on the label that my beloved Worcestershire sauce contains high fructose corn syrup. (apparently the Worcestershire sauce you buy overseas uses sugar as gawd intended).

You forgot what gives Russia and Ukrainian food that special taste...radioactivity.

Timeline

I would have to agree with the fatty beef. I'm not sure if it's the animal, or if it's just how they do the cuts though.

There's so many things I've had there which I like, it's hard to remember and name it all. They have really good sausages and cheeses you can't find here in the U.S., which is too bad. I hate fish in general though, so I can't comment on that.

I do find they just cannot make Americanized food. What I mean by that are things like pizza for example. For myself, I find if I try anything that isn't inherent to the the culture or nearby cultures, then I'll be sorely disappointed. If I abide by the previous rule, then I find everything is sooo good and like nothing you will find here in the U.S.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.