Ale

Get in US with I-94 and get married.. what else

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, I am new in this site and I am seeing a lot of answers but anyone could aplly for me, I want to ask if everyone could give a little guide of what I am intend to do.

My fiancee is from US and I am from Mexico we have been in relationship for 2 years, and we want to be together as soon as possible, I dont want to wait until get the K-1 or K-3 for getting together, we were talking about probably I should be and stay there for few months and apply for K-1 or K-3 visa while i am there.. ( Is that possible?, can I go and stay with my Tourist Visa and permit for 180 days.. apply for a k-1 visa and then get married? or is sooner if I get there I married with my I-94 visa and then apply for a K-3 visa? if I apply for a K-1 or K-3 do I have to came back to my country for months and be away of him waitting the process? I going all time to US because I live 3 hours away of the border and he live in Dallas so, we are been able to see us.. but is being hard everyday longer been away each other.

I know that if I get there with my I-94 visa i cant work there ( I Have a SSN because I used to be a Aupair and got my J-1 visa 4 years ago.. now is expire but i stay with my NSS card and driver license because is expire until late 2006) I cant work with that either right?)

What I should do. to be together soon and dont be in troubble when I married him?

I will appreciatte your help.. Thanks

Ale.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

As Rebecca said you should read the guides.

If you are married your SO can send the I-130 while you are in the US, but you do have to make sure you leave by the end of your authorized stay. An overstay can hurt you later in the process. If you do not get married and want to get a K-1 to stay here with the intent of getting married, I believe that you cannot be in the US when your SO applied, though I could be wrong on that since I did not go that route.

One thing to keep in mind, if there was a fast and easy way to do this, none of us would be apart from those we love.

I-130

2005-09-23 Sent I-130.

2005-10-05 I-130 NOA1

2006-02-19 *touched*

2006-02-21 RFE

2006-03-09 RFE received by CSC

2006-03-29 I-130 NOA2

2006-03-31 *touched*

2006-04-01 *touched*

2006-04-12 NVC assigned case number

I-129F

2005-11-18 I-129F Sent

2005-11-29 I-129F NOA1

2005-12-27 I-129F RFE :(

2006-01-13 I-129F RFE Reply sent.

2006-01-25 *touched*

2006-01-26 I-129F RFE received

2006-04-04 *touched*

2006-04-04 NOA2 **approved!!!**

2006-04-20 NVC assigned case number

2006-04-21 case forwarded to embassy

2006-04-26 packet 3 received

2006-05-02 packet 3 sent

2006-05-04 packet 4 received

2006-05-15 Interview in Stockholm **APPROVED**

2006-05-23 My sweetie is coming home!!

I know someone will give you better information than me but.....if you decide to proceed with the K1 then you will need to be in Mexico for the medical and the interview - this process usually takes between 5-12 months (there are exceptions of course). When applying for K1 visa some people encounter problems when trying to enter the USA (as a tourist) before the visa is approved (denied entry). If you get married and apply for K3, again you will need to be in Mexico to attend the medical and interview at the embassy. This process is longer than the K1.

It is not recommended to enter the US on a tourist visa with intent to marry. You will have to prove you did not enter intending to marry and this could cause problems when you are trying to adjust your status to Conditional Permanent Resident. I do not know much about this option though.

I recommend that you read the guides as they give you all the information you need.

Good Luck

Sam

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks everyone to responde so quickly..

I guess I should go there(USA) , help to my fiancee on the papers and came back to apply for a K-1, hope this process dont take so long. I am seen that that is about 95 days average. hopefully be in that stadistics.

I will let them know.

Ale.

I am seen that that is about 95 days average. hopefully be in that stadistics.

I don't know specifically about your local CIS but I've heard it's a lot longer than 95 days... since you're going thru Texas (they forward to Cali from what I've read), 90 days might be the time YOU wait to be able to apply then in your local USCIS for your K1... then you have to wait for your interview which is usually the longest part... can go from 4 - 12 months, maybe more depending on the delay in the CIS.

Correct me anyone, if I'm wrong... I just started coming here a few weeks ago and this is what I've picked up on.

Oh, by the way, READ THE GUIDE.... it's really well done (helps a lot!)

Hope this helps!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

As a reminder, in the timelines section you can find people in your same situation (Visa, country and service center) and look at their timelines:

For Texas and Mexico:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...Mexico&dfile=No

You can see when they filed for their I-129f and had their final interview. You can also pull their profile up and PM them if you want to talk to them :).

Here is a link to all VJ members listed as filing for a K1 Visa at the Texas Service Center for the country of Mexico (listed by last time online):

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...sort_order=desc

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.