v333k

How to file as Stateless???

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hi everyone! Thanks for your replies

Just to clear up a few things...

1. No, I didn't need an attorney to come into the US because I am from outer space :) I entered the US on a student visa, met my wife (girl-friend then) and got married.

2. I am not trying to claim no country of birth, but the nationality I have in my passport is wrong and it is only serving a political purpose.

3. I think what my attorney did was he claimed my nationality as "stateless" and not country of birth - my GC shows country of Birth.

:dance::dance::dance:

Still celebrating my ROC approval!!!

Not sure what ROC stands for, one meaning is Record of Conviction. Like Ant, you didn't list your place of birth, assume your girlfriend that you married is a USC and she petitioned for you, get your USC, apply for a US Passport and can undertake the battle of what they put in your place of birth. More than likely it will be what's in your LPR card as the same will appear in your USC Certificate, and then your US passport.

Not sure what ROC stands for, one meaning is Record of Conviction. Like Ant, you didn't list your place of birth, assume your girlfriend that you married is a USC and she petitioned for you, get your USC, apply for a US Passport and can undertake the battle of what they put in your place of birth. More than likely it will be what's in your LPR card as the same will appear in your USC Certificate, and then your US passport.

ROC- removal of conditions

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Country:
Timeline
:rofl: .....Yes Illinois is a state...A state in the USA! So you're an Illionisian (or whatever they call people from Illinois).....lol.....

We are Illini!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
Hi everyone! Thanks for your replies

Just to clear up a few things...

1. No, I didn't need an attorney to come into the US because I am from outer space :) I entered the US on a student visa, met my wife (girl-friend then) and got married.

2. I am not trying to claim no country of birth, but the nationality I have in my passport is wrong and it is only serving a political purpose.

3. I think what my attorney did was he claimed my nationality as "stateless" and not country of birth - my GC shows country of Birth.

:dance::dance: :dance:

Still celebrating my ROC approval!!!

V333k-Lol....Thanks for clearing some more things about your situation too...lol..V33k is not from outer space!

Seriously though....

Likewise, you did the Other Visa to AOS route...just like I did...interesting...

What exactly do you mean by "only serving a political purpose"? Huh? Is this because your country of nationality does not exist anymore? Or has undergone some political change that makes it non-existent, or something like that?

Ahh..Now I see what you mean there about nationality versus country of birth......You have a country of birth (lol...everyone does)....But for some reason or other....You don't have a country of nationality....Yes, there is a difference between these countries...Understandable there..

So I see why you would run into problems when you go for citizenship..

Well here is the thing...On your citizenship certificate it will have a space for "former country of citizenship"....

So if you still have the citizenship of your birth country..and have no other country to list on there..

Then chances are...They will list your birth country as your "former country of citizenship"...makes their job easier that way, as since it says that on yoour green card and they have that in your records anyways...

So with this in mind...assume that your birth country is the country that will be listed on your certificate..

If you want any other country listed..You will have to request such and show proof of such in writing....

If given the choice between "stateless" and "birth country"...the USCIS will go for birth country more likely than not.....

I guess you are correct at this point. I can't really change the country of birth, and whatever documents I am holding now are going to be history so it doesn't matter what nationality the document says. The only thing I would like is to stay consistent with my application and the information I provide.

I'll talk to my lawyer and will inform you guys!

V33k-I agree, in ways you cannot change your country of birth...So one has to just deal with it...I guess...lol..But....

Really at times like this, I even thought about tearing up and burning my birth certificate......

I sure would love to become "birth-country stateless"...lol...

And yeah, it really sucks that my green card had my other country of birth on it..

Sure gave me a heck of a time when travelling...lol...

No wonder the border guards looked confused....

So in that ironic sense, I was glad that they took my green card away after I got US Citizenship...

Ok..back to your situation...This is what you should do for your naturalization form..

1) Where it says country of birth...(write that in)

2) Where it says country of nationality/citizenship....(write in "stateless..and see further explaination...")

3) Enclose an extra sheet, explaining your situation.....And list the county that you want as your "former citizenship" listed on your certificate...

Hopefully they will understand you there....

And yes, if in doubt..Talk to a lawyer....

Hope all works out for you there too..:)

In the meantime...Enjoy your 10yr green card...Congrats again!

NickD-ROC is for "removal of conditions"....Or in other words...I like to call it..."my 10 month nightmare to USCIS hell...lol..."

I did list my place of birth when I applied for my green cards. I was tempted not to list such..But I had no other choice....As the 'fine print' said I had to answer all questions truthfully and honestly..or risk not getting a green card and/or being deported...So my green card had my birth country on it....

However for US Citizenship....I fought them about this...

I figured...If I'm paying them $675+...They better do their job to my liking...lol....

So I requested that they put my "former country of citizenship" as Canada....After all..I am Canadian...and that is/was "my former country of citizenship"

I just wrote them a letter, showed proof of my Canadian citizenship, and basically said..

"If you don't put Canada on my citizenship certificate...I'm not going to be a US Citizen and wish to withdrawl my application..lol...".....:lol:

Needless to say, they did what I requested..And on top of that, gave me my request for a private ceremony too..lol..

So it is weird.....That my green card (which I don't have anymore) says my other birth country...and my citizenship certificate says my former citizenship coutnry of Canada...Not consistent there.....

I don't know how the US passport office will deal with this though...I have yet to find out.....(posted about that in another topic post...)......hmmm...

By the way...off topic..To update your profile status..."My controls"...."Edit profile settings"......"Immigration Status" (pick from the drop-down box)...

In your case, I think you should pick "other" or "N/A".....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi everyone,

I just got a change to look into it, and filing stateless means not putting any information for Nationality

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.